GS: God is Holy

Jan 19, 2014
God is Holy

To understand God's attitude of holiness one must first understand that there's a difference between what God likes and what God loves. God loves even His enemies, and commands us Christians to do likewise. But that's not to say that God likes his enemies. In their state of being His enemies He doesn't prefer having fellowship with them. There are things that God hates. That is to say there are things that God doesn't like, things He doesn't prefer. "The wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates." Ps 11:5b And "The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate." Pr 8:13
"There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers." Pr 6:16-19
And there are whole lists of things that God doesn't accept in His presence. "The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God." Gal 5:19-21 These are just a few of the many things that God hates. God will not have a relationship with the wicked. "Your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear." Is 59:2

Does people's wickedness interfere with you having a relationship with them? Does their wickedness bother you? It should. It bothers God. God refuses to have a friendship with the wicked. He knows nothing of "friendship evangelism". 1Cor 15:33 "Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." While Jesus' enemies mischaracterize him saying, "Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!" Mt 11:19b, in fact Jesus was not that way. Rather he says, "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you." John 15:14 So don't claim to have a friendship with God if you're living a sinful lifestyle. "No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him." 1Jn 3:6
The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Reactions: Pastor Mayende.
Sep 3, 2009
Florida
God is Holy

To understand God's attitude of holiness one must first understand that there's a difference between what God likes and what God loves. God loves even His enemies, and commands us Christians to do likewise. But that's not to say that God likes his enemies. In their state of being His enemies He doesn't prefer having fellowship with them. There are things that God hates. That is to say there are things that God doesn't like, things He doesn't prefer. "The wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates." Ps 11:5b And "The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate." Pr 8:13

And there are whole lists of things that God doesn't accept in His presence. "The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God." Gal 5:19-21 These are just a few of the many things that God hates. God will not have a relationship with the wicked. "Your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear." Is 59:2

Does people's wickedness interfere with you having a relationship with them? Does their wickedness bother you? It should. It bothers God. God refuses to have a friendship with the wicked. He knows nothing of "friendship evangelism". 1Cor 15:33 "Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." While Jesus' enemies mischaracterize him saying, "Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!" Mt 11:19b, in fact Jesus was not that way. Rather he says, "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you." John 15:14 So don't claim to have a friendship with God if you're living a sinful lifestyle. "No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him." 1Jn 3:6
The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources
Agreed.

When we run like a duck, and quack like a duck and swim like a duch and fly like a duck, it can then be said that we are a duck even if we are not.

What does that mean? It means that if we hang out with protitutes even if we are not one, , we are still thought of by those who see us as a prostitute.

Scripture says......…..
""Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing".

Also said in 1 Thess. 5:22...…..
"Abstain from all appearance of evil."

WHY????? So that we will not be thought of as a DUCK!