GS: Judgement

Jan 19, 2014
Judgement

With the commission of sin comes guilt. By which I don't simply mean the feeling of guilt. For many of this age are under the misconception that their problem is overcoming their feeling of guilt. No, rather all who have committed sin are guilty in a legal sense and as such subject to God's judgment. For "He has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead." Acts 17:31

To the religious elite of his day Jesus said, "Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?" Mt 23:33 Religious posers will receive the greater condemnation. Jesus said, "Beware of the scribes, who desire to go around in long robes, love greetings in the marketplaces, the best seats in the synagogues, and the best places at feasts, who devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation." Lk 20:46,47 And "that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more." Lk 12:47,48 (Now you know!)

And the more one knows, the more one is going to be held accountable for. "Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you." Mt 11:21,22
The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

aha

Nov 18, 2011
And the more one knows, the more one is going to be held accountable for.
To The Young People

Indeed, when one knows more he is more accountable, that is right, it follows the rationale...

It was a DILEMMA when I was younger: why read more, why KNOW MORE when one will be held MORE accountable?

But I continue to read on/know on anyway, more on a thought that the Bible is akin to a bread, a food, that one need to take a bite unless one will die.

So that is the dilemma :
One need to take a bite so one will not die, and if one takes a bite more and more, more knowledge, more knows, more one is more accountable…

THEN,,, I was found, found Salvation or Salvation found me, when i was passed teenage, a older adult, thanks be to God.

I as grow older, the more I know the more I realize I need God more, the more I read the Bible to know :)

Sep 3, 2009
Florida
Judgement

With the commission of sin comes guilt. By which I don't simply mean the feeling of guilt. For many of this age are under the misconception that their problem is overcoming their feeling of guilt. No, rather all who have committed sin are guilty in a legal sense and as such subject to God's judgment. For "He has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead." Acts 17:31

To the religious elite of his day Jesus said, "Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?" Mt 23:33 Religious posers will receive the greater condemnation. Jesus said, "Beware of the scribes, who desire to go around in long robes, love greetings in the marketplaces, the best seats in the synagogues, and the best places at feasts, who devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation." Lk 20:46,47 And "that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more." Lk 12:47,48 (Now you know!)

And the more one knows, the more one is going to be held accountable for. "Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you." Mt 11:21,22
The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources
And...…...just to confirm your thought of, "the more one knows the more accountable he is"--------
There will be degrees of punishment in hell for the "religious" but who in fact deny Christ as Saviour.

Sep 3, 2009
Florida
To The Young People

Indeed, when one knows more he is more accountable, that is right, it follows the rationale...

It was a DILEMMA when I was younger: why read more, why KNOW MORE when one will be held MORE accountable?

But I continue to read on/know on anyway, more on a thought that the Bible is akin to a bread, a food, that one need to take a bite unless one will die.

So that is the dilemma :
One need to take a bite so one will not die, and if one takes a bite more and more, more knowledge, more knows, more one is more accountable…

THEN,,, I was found, found Salvation or Salvation found me, when i was passed teenage, a older adult, thanks be to God.

I as grow older, the more I know the more I realize I need God more, the more I read the Bible to know :)
Good stuff and in fact.......God did find you!

Romans 8:29...……...
“For whom he did foreknow, he also did PREDESTINATE to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren”.

Jan 19, 2014
And...…...just to confirm your thought of, "the more one knows the more accountable he is"--------
There will be degrees of punishment in hell for the "religious" but who in fact deny Christ as Saviour.
As also there will be for those who accept him as Savior but deny him as Lord.

Jan 19, 2014
Free Grace Theology purports that. They'll claim one must accept Jesus a "Lord" insomuch as he is the son of God, but not in the sense of one pledging allegiance to do what he says. In contrast Jesus said, "Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?" Lu 6:46

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_grace_theology

For example it quotes one of its own saying

"A faithful reading of the entire book of Acts fails to reveal a single passage where people are pressed to acknowledge Jesus Christ as their personal Lord in order to be saved."— Everett Harrison

Apparently that guy didn't read Acts 16:31 ""Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved" nor Romans 10 "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Or how about  Charles Bing "Jesus is Lord of all regardless of one's submission to Him. Because He is Lord He has the power and position to save sinners. Sinners who come to Him through faith implicitly or explicitly submit to His authority to save, and may likewise submit to His authority in other areas of life. But since the issue in salvation is salvation, only the recognition of His authority to save is demanded for the forgiveness of sins and eternal life."

Free Gracers view Jesus as Savior like a fireman coming to save people in a burning house. Just as the fireman demands nothing of them, and leaves them to their own devices after saving them, so also with Free Gracers. Under free grace soteriology one does not have to have the intention to repent of sin nor the intention to do what Jesus said.

Sep 3, 2009
Florida
Free Grace Theology purports that. They'll claim one must accept Jesus a "Lord" insomuch as he is the son of God, but not in the sense of one pledging allegiance to do what he says. In contrast Jesus said, "Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?" Lu 6:46

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_grace_theology

For example it quotes one of its own saying

"A faithful reading of the entire book of Acts fails to reveal a single passage where people are pressed to acknowledge Jesus Christ as their personal Lord in order to be saved."— Everett Harrison

Apparently that guy didn't read Acts 16:31 ""Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved" nor Romans 10 "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Or how about  Charles Bing "Jesus is Lord of all regardless of one's submission to Him. Because He is Lord He has the power and position to save sinners. Sinners who come to Him through faith implicitly or explicitly submit to His authority to save, and may likewise submit to His authority in other areas of life. But since the issue in salvation is salvation, only the recognition of His authority to save is demanded for the forgiveness of sins and eternal life."

Free Gracers view Jesus as Savior like a fireman coming to save people in a burning house. Just as the fireman demands nothing of them, and leaves them to their own devices after saving them, so also with Free Gracers. Under free grace soteriology one does not have to have the intention to repent of sin nor the intention to do what Jesus said.
Thank you brother. That was what I thought but I wanted to be sure.

I do not know if you are aware of this, but the New World Translation which was ordered and paid for by the Watch Tower Society says the same thing.

In John 1:1 the New World Translation says...…….
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was -- "A"-- God".