GS: Sentencing

Jan 19, 2014
Sentencing

What is the condemnation like? Jesus spoke of a man who went to hell and "In hell, where he was in torment," said "I am in agony in this fire.’" Lk 16:23,24 Jesus said that at the end of the age, "The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth." Mt 13:49,50 And on the judgment day "He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels" Mt 25:41 And in that same chapter, "cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’" Mt 25:30 And as for the hypocritical servant, Jesus said, "In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart." Mt 18:34,35 Without reservations Jesus portrays the condemnation as torture. In the condemnation God hands people over to be tortured.

"A time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out— those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned." John 5:28,29

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Sep 3, 2009
Florida
Sentencing

What is the condemnation like? Jesus spoke of a man who went to hell and "In hell, where he was in torment," said "I am in agony in this fire.’" Lk 16:23,24 Jesus said that at the end of the age, "The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth." Mt 13:49,50 And on the judgment day "He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels" Mt 25:41 And in that same chapter, "cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’" Mt 25:30 And as for the hypocritical servant, Jesus said, "In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart." Mt 18:34,35 Without reservations Jesus portrays the condemnation as torture. In the condemnation God hands people over to be tortured.

"A time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out— those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned." John 5:28,29

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources
I love you Steve, but can you help me understand what it is that you are trying to say or ask us?

Is it that Hell is a REAL place?

Is it that there is a payday coming someday for all men?

Could it be that Jesus, the one in the manger and the one on the cross is the one who will be our judge on that day?

Reactions: rtm3039
Jan 19, 2014
GS stands for The Gospel Series. I've been presenting various aspects of the gospel for people to comment upon. As for your questions, "yes" to all.

Sep 3, 2009
Florida
GS stands for The Gospel Series. I've been presenting various aspects of the gospel for people to comment upon. As for your questions, "yes" to all.
I thought thar was the case but I just wanted to be sure.

A long time ago a very wise professor told me this Bible truth that has stuck with me for the last 50 years. God deals in TWO elements........
1. FIRE.
2. BLOOD.

If you don't have the BLOOD you will eventually get the FIRE.