Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Just wanted to tell everyone happy thanksgiving and post a few bible verse about thankfulness. Hope everyone had a good day. If anyone has any questions or needs prayer fill free to email or pm me, and I'll try to help you the best that I can.

First I want to post a few passages about salvation -

John 3:16-17
For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

Some have the idea that Jesus is a bad guy sent to the world to judge and send anyone to hell that does not meet his standards, which if that were the case everyone would be in hell right now. Jesus was not sent here to send people to hell, but to give everyone a chance to go to heaven and have a close relationship with God.

When Adam and Eve ate from the tree of Good and Evil, they disobeyed God, and that brought sin into the world, ever since then everyone who has been born has been born into sin. If you have sin in your life you can not have a close relationship with God and are separated from him, because God is completely perfect and his standard is perfect.Even though we were stuck in sin and not perfect God still loves us and he wants there to be a way for us to be able to have close fellowship with him.

So he sent his only son Jesus christ who lived a sinless life, to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8 - But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, christ died for us. Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in christ Jesus our Lord. When Jesus died he took all of our sins onto himself. Then when Jesus was resurrected all who believed in him were made has pure has snow and forgiven for all sins.

If you want God to forgive just tell God - Lord I admit that I am a sinner in need of your forgiveness, I believe that you died on the cross for my sins and was resurrected, I now give my life over to you, please guide me and show me how to serve you, In Jesus name Amen!!!
A few passages about being thankful -

Philippians 4:10-13
How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn't have the chance to help me. Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through christ, who gives me strength.

Col. 3:15-16
And let the peace that comes from christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Let the message about christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts

1 Thes. 5:18
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to christ Jesus.

Psalm 136
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.

Hebrews 12:28
Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe.

:smiley180: wishing all had a very Happy Thanksgiving . I had a good Thanksgiving and even when I look around now that it is all over ,I can think of all the little things I often don't say Thanks for ,and say THANKS FOR :smiley10:

Back