Harsh Realities About Those In Hell

Paul really hits this one dead center of a sermon I had heard years ago, in that those who land themselves in Hell will be there by choice, not by accident. Being there will never be a matter of happenstance! They will know that raising up a finger of accusation will not at all avail them of their responsibility for wanting to try and pay for their own sins rather than to have placed them upon Christ.

This should be uplifting, because it hits at the core of truth with which we should all be equipped. It's not about seeing Hell-bound people as a positive thing, but recognizing that those who end up there are willfully there because the offer of Christ is provided for ALL who WILL come to Him for what only He offers as a free gift.

There it is! We seek those who will lash themselves to the Gospel. That is what we seek when sharing the Gospel; it is those who will reach out to the Lord for what only He offers in this life, because there is no offer afterward. This is it, and our dislike of the thought that most will perish in Hell is not a reason to think that those in Hell will ever become repentant. When turned over to the depravities of the flesh and the depraved spirit of the lost man, they will remain as such. I say that on the basis of the fact that we are given no other understanding that is contrary.

MM

There it is! We seek those who will lash themselves to the Gospel. That is what we seek when sharing the Gospel; it is those who will reach out to the Lord for what only He offers in this life, because there is no offer afterward. This is it, and our dislike of the thought that most will perish in Hell is not a reason to think that those in Hell will ever become repentant. When turned over to the depravities of the flesh and the depraved spirit of the lost man, they will remain as such. I say that on the basis of the fact that we are given no other understanding that is contrary.

MM
How ironic it will be that those who hate God, reject the Lord Jesus and wind up in the Lake if Fire, will on the appointed day......IN HELL, fall upon their knees and shout out the glory of God!

Philipians 2:9-11.........
"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus EVERY knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

How tragic that people die without confessing Jesus as Lord, for a day is coming when even in death, in the torments of Hell, they will be required to make this confession! If they confess Jesus as their Lord now, they reap the benefits of salvation and all the promises of God. If they do it later, it will be an acknowledgement that they were wrong and that Jesus was right; however, it will not change their eternal status.

Paul really hits this one dead center of a sermon I had heard years ago, in that those who land themselves in Hell will be there by choice, not by accident. Being there will never be a matter of happenstance! They will know that raising up a finger of accusation will not at all avail them of their responsibility for wanting to try and pay for their own sins rather than to have placed them upon Christ.

This should be uplifting, because it hits at the core of truth with which we should all be equipped. It's not about seeing Hell-bound people as a positive thing, but recognizing that those who end up there are willfully there because the offer of Christ is provided for ALL who WILL come to Him for what only He offers as a free gift.

In YOUR opinion MM.......what do "YOU" think will be the harshest reality of those in Hell?????

I MY opinion.....I believe that it will be MEMORY!

I think that they will remember every time that their loved ones asked them to accept Christ and they said..."Maybe Tomorrow".

I think that they will remember every sermon about the Lord Jesus they ever heard.

I think that they will remember every time that they heard the Christmas story and the Easter saga.

I think that they will replay Amazing Grace over and over in their minds.

Hmm. Not sure about their thoughts and feelings in that place, but they will know that their being there is just, and it's likely their hatred of Christ will continue in that place. If we think about it, they have a measure of vindictiveness toward Christ right now, much of it based upon tremendous dislike that God isn't a Being who was subject to their whims. Actually, I may need to take that back...many may be there thinking that God is unjust.

It's impossible to fathom the levels of depravity that they will be subject; that to which they were turned over to by the Lord since they did not seek deliverance. In this life, it's a simple choice: Be governed by Holy Spirit, or remain under the control of the fleshly depravities that sin attaches to those who perish.

In the final analysis, that's a tough question. In paradise, we will not be concerned about any of that.

MM

In YOUR opinion MM.......what do "YOU" think will be the harshest reality of those in Hell?????

I MY opinion.....I believe that it will be MEMORY!

I think that they will remember every time that their loved ones asked them to accept Christ and they said..."Maybe Tomorrow".

I think that they will remember every sermon about the Lord Jesus they ever heard.

I think that they will remember every time that they heard the Christmas story and the Easter saga.

I think that they will replay Amazing Grace over and over in their minds.

Your list seems to reflect that they will have regrets.

Upon reflection, after having been turned over to their depravities, I don't think they will harbor regrets, because that would be contrary to the depravities to which they were handed over.

MM

Back