pilots who didn’t nap. But 26 minutes might be a little long."
(Stillwell, B.; 2020, October 30).

"NASA scientists found that power naps were able to boost their
pilots’ performance by 34% and improve
alertness by up to 54%"
(Negrin, S.; 2020, October 26).
Another determination was that "an optimal power-nap time should be
anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes" but should never exceed 30
because you risk going into REM (Negrin, 2020).

Numerous scholarly articles and research indicate that a short nap
leads to decreased risk for heart disease, less sugar consumption,
and longer life span. Now that we know what some of the professionals
say what do you say and what Scripture told us the benefits of rest
long before NASA or even the US was a pipedream?

References
Negrin, S. (2020, October 26). Power nap like the pros from NASA – Here's how! Sleep.com. https://www.sleep.com/sleep-health/power-nap
Stilwell, B. (2020, October 30). NASA just researched the perfect midday nap. We Are The Mighty.
https://www.wearethemighty.com/mighty-culture/best-power-nap/

Last edited:
I worked in a foundry for forty years I started napping 1 to1 ½ hours a day 45 years ago . Got kicked out after triple bypass 12 years ago.

It is something I have thought of over for some time. . What I would call “memory power” is one of the better gifts God works in us . Memories can give us rest from the anger and anxieties of life.

In that way not only does the labor of His love work in us but it also assures us it is his power working to make the load lighter. His work of giving us a remembrance of what was he personaly previously taught comforts us giving us rest. His Spirit witnesses to our new born again spirit. “And” as a work of God, His love hems us in as a mighty fortress or city of refuge .

A while back the word And. jumped of the page.
John 14:26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you

And brings the sabaath .

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

In that way if he is not keeping it, guarding it then no one is watching .

Time to rest our fleshly minds anger. Time to trust him

I would think it is one of the reasons we are informed to remember our creator in the days of ones youth by acting in accordance to His will. In that way there is no fool like an old one. We are also informed in Ecclesiastics the first thing to go is the memories we had on earth. Thank God the memories of loved ones no longer under the sun from our perspective we can continue to have they can comfort. . Pray for the good memories. David said in the Psalms when I awake you are still there. The gospel in a nutshell .We empowered by the Holy Spirit can lie down .Taking a nap can be a blessing use them wisely.

“In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.” – Psalm 4:8 NLT

Now that we know what some of the professionals
say what do you say and what Scripture told us the benefits of rest
long before NASA or even the US was a pipedream?
I'm a napper, but hey, I'm in good company...

Mark 4:38-39 (KJV) And he (Jesus) was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

...on a pillow mind you. Ah, the humanity of Jesus.

I'm a napper, but hey, I'm in good company...

Mark 4:38-39 (KJV) And he (Jesus) was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

...on a pillow mind you. Ah, the humanity of Jesus.

Look at this!

2 Samuel 11:2........
Late one afternoon, after his midday rest, David got out of bed and was walking on the roof of the palace. As he looked out over the city, he noticed a woman of unusual beauty taking a bath.

Oooops!

Look at this!

2 Samuel 11:2........
Late one afternoon, after his midday rest, David got out of bed and was walking on the roof of the palace. As he looked out over the city, he noticed a woman of unusual beauty taking a bath.

Oooops!
Good example of 'correlation is not causation'.

Back