Hello, A Lil Help?

i've been a Christian for only a year after my youth leaders introduced me to Christ. okay, i wholeheartedly prayed the acceptance prayer and am fully aware part of it said i will turn away from my sins and worldliness but to be honest i always have trouble keeping myself on the right track. i just keep sinning again and again and again. and i end up "collecting" the mistakes i make before i ask for forgiveness. just because i think its too embarassing to keep saying sorry all over again. even in the middle of sinning, i recall the promise i made but i set the promise aside and go on with the sin. :'( and then i only feel sorry when i've already done it, ofcourse. how do i fix myself? :(

Hello Alyssa, welcome to God's big family!! Guess what honey, all of us Christians have trouble "keeping ourselves on track". We all just keep sinning again and again. The thing is though, that when Jesus died on the cross for us over 2000 years ago, He died for every sin that you have committed and also every sin that you will commit. That doesn't mean that you just go out and sin wildly and don't bother about the consequences. It does mean though, that when you realise you have done something wrong, you can repent (turn back towards God) and know that He will forgive you. As you grow as a Christian, read His Word, listen to bible-based messages, you will take more of the good things into your heart. These things will make you want to serve God more and show Him how much you love Him. When you love somebody with all your heart, you will never want to do anything that will hurt or disappoint them. When you give your life to Jesus, He wipes your slate clean and gives you a new heart. Unfortunately we cannot be rid of our sinful bodies and natures until we are called to be with Jesus when we die. If you accepted Jesus into your heart, then you are saved no matter what. You will continue to sin until the day you die, but Jesus knew that when he died for you. Just pick yourself up each time you stumble, ask for God's forgiveness and do whatever you can to learn more about Him and get closer to Him. Don't despair sweetie, Jesus is walking beside you all the way.

Hi and welcome Alyssa!

You can't ''fix'' yourself. Your best attempts are like dirty rags to God.

Isaiah 64:6
All of us have become like one who is unclean,(A)
and all our righteous(B) acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,(C)
and like the wind our sins sweep us away.(D)

You have to be born again.

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Once you are born again, through the spirit you deal with the flesh.

Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Our flesh will always be in the way of our spiritual growth. In my experience Christians have the conviction and love to immediately stop all sin. If we are not a new creation, we are not a new creation. But then our old ways come back to taunt us, like our exes visiting us after we are married.

2 Cor 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

We will be dealing with the temptations / weakness of the flesh until we leave this earth. We are to repent sincerely and press on, going from glory to glory. Getting strength from a real spiritual relationship with the Lord.

2 Cor 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Hey Alyssa (waves). I'm new here too (wipes forhead - nice to know I'm not the only sinner here :^) Seriously, though, Sherilyn has given you some good advice. I would only emphasize that God will eternally desire your return to his light and he knows that we are beset on this plain, especially in this time, with overwhelming temptatons to do what we know is wrong. Christ's death is a new covenant with mankind - to accept Christ into your soul makes you part of the body of Christ and acceptable to return to God. I have taken, in the last little while, for God to "fix me" in my prayers. It reminds me each day, that I am not perfect yet (smile) and that I should resist the urge to lie, steal, what have you in the well stocked store of sin.

I can identify with you, Alyssa, but there is always hope because you are HIS!

My problem can sometimes be that I believe the lies that are whispered in my ear by the evil one who seeks my ultimate demise....that "once a sinner/always a sinner" and "God won't love me or accept me anymore because of my actions." The truth is this: He will never leave you or forsake you. Never forget that. You may wander off the "path" He has planned for you, but once you accepted His Son, Jesus Christ, as YOUR SAVIOR, you are sealed with His Holy Spirit as a guarantee! Don't let anyone, including yourself, be your judge. Only He knows your heart. He knows it better than you do, so He knows your motivations and hangups and loves you all just the same. I was shown one time in a Beth Moore bible study that God looks at us through the blood of Jesus. We are utterly covered by His precious, life-giving blood and cannot become uncovered.

My advice: Be careful not to believe the lies and get back to reading the Bible daily, pray daily, and thank Him daily...beyond that HE will provide the means and the way. Simply: When you fall, get back up again. He waits for you... to dust off your knees, hold you close, wipe your tears of frustration, and help you back to the path to His Love.

To Him be all the Glory!

i've been a Christian for only a year after my youth leaders introduced me to Christ. okay, i wholeheartedly prayed the acceptance prayer and am fully aware part of it said i will turn away from my sins and worldliness but to be honest i always have trouble keeping myself on the right track. i just keep sinning again and again and again. and i end up "collecting" the mistakes i make before i ask for forgiveness. just because i think its too embarassing to keep saying sorry all over again. even in the middle of sinning, i recall the promise i made but i set the promise aside and go on with the sin. :'( and then i only feel sorry when i've already done it, ofcourse. how do i fix myself? :(

Hello Alyssa- I found your post quite by accident and I smiled as soon as I read it! You are not the only one to feel this way. ALL people go through this when they have been brought into God's fold!

The solution is simple... It is located in Romans chapter 7; verses 14 - 28 The Apostle Paul couldn't figure this out also; Thus he wrote about HIS EXPERIENCES .. in this very same matter!!

What I would pray for; is that you experience the simple power of God's Word .. ..read.. Romans 7 and continue until you see the word THEREFORE: (hint) find out the reason why that word is there for!!

Whenever you see that word.. .. "therefore". STOP! Take the time to re-read before you continue past that word!!

Then you will understand why that word was inserted in that particular location! ( I'm using the King Jimmy Bible)

Jesus said: My people can have ANYTHING they want... BUT instead - They keep SAYING what they have!

Quit saying what you have (negative) and start saying what you want (positive).

Remember - We wrestle not against flesh & blood... .. but against ... principalities powers of spiritual wickedness in high places ( The Atmosphere) (Ephesians chapter 6)

When God kicked Satan & the zillions of fallen angels out of heaven - Where did they go ??

If you ever have the time - please read a very beautiful story that will truly open your eyes. This Present Darkness!

God Bless... . (Group Spiritual Hug(s)).

Wanna know how to defeat the enemy ? use your feet & dance!!!

Alyssa, the fact that you feel conviction about this is evidence of your changed heart. Don't let the world, Satan, or your own weakness convince you to give up. King J is right in that you can't "fix" yourself, which is why it is important to keep seeking the face of God in repentance, in prayer, in fellowship with other believers, and in Bible study. Self-discipline has value, but we can't come up to God's standard through our own efforts. We need to yield to the Holy Spirit, allow Him to guide and empower us to live righteously. It is He Who convicts you of sin so that you would repent, let Him also give you the strength to act according to repentance and righteousness.

God is well aware of your sins even as you commit them, so it's not like He is going to be shocked when you bring them to Him in repentance. In other words, there is no point in "collecting" sins out of embarrassment. He already knows about them.

I could go on, but a lot has been said already, so I'll let you mull over the things we have posted here. And by the way; welcome to CFS. We're glad you came.

It is written:

"... Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. ..." (Hebrews, 10:22-27) [my emphasis]

It is written:

"... Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised. And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. ..." (Hebrews, 10:22-27) [my emphasis]

Once more I ask you to explain your remark. Quoting the scripture to illustrate your basis for reasoning is always the right thing to do but you have given no application nor explanation for how you have reached the, amazing, conclusion expressed in your first post. When, in Genesis, God created things He is noted as saying it is good, but when He created man, He said “Let's create man in Our image and then when He surveyed what He had created, He said it was very good.

All men, women and children on this planet today are the children of that first man. They are all created in the image of God and they are all loved by Him. (Acts 26:18 To open their eyes,and to turn them from darknessto light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, andinheritance among them whichare sanctified by faith that is inme.Acts 26:19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was notdisobedient unto the heavenlyvision:Acts 26:20 But shewed firstunto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout allthe coasts of Judæa, and then to the Gentiles, that they shouldrepent and turn to God, and doworks meet for repentance.Acts 26:21 For these causes the Jewscaught me in thetemple, andwentabout tokill me. Acts26:22Having therefore obtained help ofGod, Icontinue unto this day,witnessing both tosmall andgreat, saying none other thingsthan those which the prophetsand Moses did say should come:)
The Great Commission (Matt5hew 28:18a-20) demands that we, the followers of Jesus go to and care for the souls of the lost.

MY MOTHER'S RULE

The Father and The Son are both
to keep in mind and to give oath.
My mother’s rule is that. I mean:
The bathroom and the kitchen clean!

AF2FlowerD006.gif

The only possible conclusion one can draw from your ?answers? is that you do not believe in up front honesty and that is not of nor is it from God. So, do you follow God or god?

Well, first of all we ALL have trouble keeping ourselves on 'the right track' now and then, (no matter how long we've been saved), so don't be so hard on yourself. Second of all NONE of us can 'fix' ourselves. God does that, but we have to let Him; no matter how often we have to ask Him. Yes, I know that is easier said than done sometimes, but the key is to NOT give up. Don't give up on yourself, and certainly don't give up on God. Keep going to Him with your sin and give Him thanks for His mercy.

One of my favorite scripture is 1 Chronicles 16:34, "Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever" (1 Chronicles 16:24) And, FOREVER means FOREVER; EVERLASTING; NEVER ENDING; ON AND ON WITH NO END ...

Another favorite scripture of mine is 1 Samuel 16:7, "The LORD doesnot see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." God knows our hearts better than we do. Just keep your mind on Him and He will bring you through.

Why does it take some people longer than others to get through some trials? I don't know, but I do know that God is with us every step of the way. "As I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you" (Joshua 1:5).

Hey Alyssa! Guess what? That is normal. You're a sinner. You will sin. You wlil make mistakes.

Pastors sin. Youth pastors sin. Everyone sins. But...you are saved by grace. The salvation that you have....it is a gift. That's it.
Let's say I give you a gift. You open the gift and look at it and think to yourself, "I don't really want this." And you return it. You made a choice to return it. A gift has too options: You choose to keep it, or you don't. And it's the same with this gift of eternal life.​
Alyssa, you made a choice to receive this gift. Therefore, your slavation is secure. The gift of salvation is always there for your choosing. So many people work too hard to earn salvation. And that's not the idea of salvation. You just have to accept it. And...you did.​

God has asked us to repent. You have nothing to be embarrassed by. Jesus wants us to repent. He rewards us for repenting. So many people repented in the Bible, and do you think Jesus was saying, "Oh no, not this again. You have repented TOO many times. Enough is enough." No! Jesus desires us to repent. He leads us to repentance. He convicts us of our sin, and when there is conviction, there is repentance.​

Guess what? Know that you are loved and know His grace is sufficient. Meaning, every time you sin....His grace is there to forgive you. He's there with you. He forgives.​

If you're trying hard NOT to sin, you don't understand what grace is. Grace is God's unmerited favor. It is kindness from God that we don't deserve​
. You have to come to a conclusion: You are going to sin. No question about it. You will sin. I will sin. The next person who will post in this thread will sin. You will sin. However, there is grace which is a gift. And all you need to do is accept it. Maybe pray, 'God, please forgive me for the sins that I've done. I know that once I ask for forgiveness, you will forgive me. And I know I will mess up yet again tonight, or either tomorrow, and I know that you will be ready to forgive me then, as well. Your grace is a gift, and your grace forgives me. Let me no longer live in embarrassment, in shame. Let me feel bad about what I did, about the sin that I did, but do not let me dwell on it once I ask for Your forgiveness. Because it is finished, it is forgiven."​

[/quote]​
If you're trying hard NOT to sin, you don't understand what grace is. Grace is God's unmerited favor. It is kindness from God that we don't deserve
. You have to come to a conclusion: You are going to sin. No question about it. You will sin. I will sin. The next person who will post in this thread will sin. You will sin. However, there is grace which is a gift. And all you need to do is accept it. Maybe pray, 'God, please forgive me for the sins that I've done. I know that once I ask for forgiveness, you will forgive me. And I know I will mess up yet again tonight, or either tomorrow, and I know that you will be ready to forgive me then, as well. Your grace is a gift, and your grace forgives me. Let me no longer live in embarrassment, in shame. Let me feel bad about what I did, about the sin that I did, but do not let me dwell on it once I ask for Your forgiveness. Because it is finished, it is forgiven."

I would like for you to reconsider your statement about Grace... If Grace is what you say it is please answer these questions using your definition of Grace.

Many people have been taught that Grace is God’s ‘favor’ or ‘undeserved pardon’. Some think it is ‘forgiveness’, others say it is just God overlooking how wretched people are because He loves us... Ephesians 2:8 says that we are saved by this Grace, so we better know what it is! What is your definition of Grace? Why? If you believe that Grace is any of the above, try to answer the following questions for yourself and see if your answer makes sense. If Grace is some kind of pardon, undeserved favor, or even forgiveness, explain these verses: (Scriptures are all KJV)

Why do we have to be born again in order to ‘enter’ into the kingdom of Heaven if we have a pardon or favor? (John 3:3)
Why did Jesus say ‘repent’ and ‘believe’ if we get a free pardon or favor? (Mark 1:15)
Why did Jesus say those who do ‘the will of the Father’ enter into the kingdom if we have favor or a pardon? Matthew (7:21)
Why Did Jesus say that you must be ‘converted’ and become ‘as little children’ to enter into the kingdom? (Matthew 18:3)
Why do we have to ‘work out our salvation with fear and trembling’: (Philippians 2:12)
Why did Jesus say that ‘not everyone who calls Him Lord’ will enter into the Kingdom? Are there some who call Him Lord but don’t get in? If so…why ( Matthew 7:21)
How are we ‘stewards’ of Grace? Are there manifold or differing kinds of favor or forgiveness?(1 Peter 4:10)
How do we ’minister’ favor, a pardon, or forgiveness to the hearer?(Ephesians 4:29)
How could we receive ‘unmerited favor’ or ‘forgiveness’ in vain? (2nd Corinthians 6:1)
How can we ‘grow’ in undeserved favor or pardon (2nd Peter 3:18)
How does an undeserved ‘favor’ or pardon ‘reign’ unto righteousness (Romans 5:21)
Does ‘favor’ or a ‘pardon’ have a throne? How does favor or pardon help in a time of need? (Hebrews 4:16)
How did they ‘perceive’ a pardon, favor or forgiveness? (Galatians 2:6)
How does our ‘speech’ have favor or a pardon? (Colossians 4:6)
Is favor or a pardon really what the prophets diligently sought and prophesied about?(1 Peter 1:10)
How do we ‘fall’ from favor or undeserved pardon? (Galatians 5:4 )
How do we ‘frustrate’ favor, a pardon or forgiveness’? (Galatians 2:21)
How is it possible to ‘fail’ favor or pardon or even undeserved love from God? (Hebrews 12:15)
Why do we have to ‘earnestly contend’ for the faith, if Grace is free? (Jude 1:3)
How could we turn ‘favor’ or a ‘pardon’ into lasciviousness? (Jude 1:4)
Are we all given different levels of favor, love or forgiveness? (Ephesians 4:7)
How could favor, forgiveness or an undeserved pardon be ‘in our hearts’ (Hebrews 13:9)
How does God’s favor or pardon make us what we are? (1 Corinthians 15:10)
How are we quickened (made alive) by a pardon or unmerited favor? (Ephesians 2:5)
How does favor, a pardon, or forgiveness ‘abound’? (2nd Corinthians 9:8)
Why would favor, a pardon, or forgiveness be taken from the Lukewarm? (Revelation 3:16)
Why do we have to pray that we will be found ‘worthy’ if we have grace? (Luke 21:36)

Grace is not unmerited favor...God's Grace is so much more than that! There is a reason that we are saved by Grace...it is the power of God to those who believe :). It is the Holy Spirit! It is a free gift. The Comforter, a a helper in a time of need( especially overcoming sin and the devils temptations). I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. The gospel of Grace is the most beautiful thing you can ever imagine! We are to be good stewards. We are not to grieve the Holy Spirit by which we are sealed until the day of our redemption, We are to grow in Grace and the knowledge of our Lord. No man can call Jesus Lord but by the Holy Spirit...the list is endless..study the Bible and apply the Holy Spirit to every verse that talks about Grace and the Word of God will come alive. Grace is a promise and our keeper:

1Pe 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

It is called the throne of Grace for a reason!

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The Holy Spirit is how we call Him Lord:

1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

That is also why there are manifold or differing types of Grace:

1Pe 4:10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

Manifold in the Greek means diverse or differing...

1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

Jesus can set you free...

Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
Joh 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

In fact that is why He was sent:

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

That is why Grace reigns unto righteousness:

Rom 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

This is just a small sample of how the Word of God and His Grace are so amazing...That is why He is our blessed hope and our saviour!!

If you are in the beginning of your walk with Him, do not be discouraged. He is faithful. Believe in the power of Christ and He will set you free...it won't happen over night but it WILL happen...if you feed your spirit with the Word of God and study to show yourself approved.

Jesus will circumcise your heart with His Word:

The Holy Spirit is a surgeon...and uses the Word of God like a scalpel or a sword:

Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The Holy Spirit performs heart surgery and writes the Word of God into your heart:

2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
2Co 3:4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Performed by none other than Jesus Himself...

Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

The circumcision of your heart is what makes you a believer in your heart.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The Holy Spirit writes to Word of God into it and Jesus becomes a part of you.

Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

That is why His Grace is sufficient for us:

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2Co 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

Grace is the power of God..Grace is Jesus in our hearts. Read the Word of God and feed your Spirit. Be diligent, forget about the world as much as you can and focus on the Word. He will teach you, comfort you, help you, admonish you, and correct you...

Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life..Jesus IS the Word of God made flesh. Get to know Him and He will give you Grace and Eternal Life.

For more information on the truth about Grace is and how to apply Grace to your life, as well as what is in store for this world, or just to comment on my post, send me an email at: [email protected]

God Bless and Grace unto you!

The greatest danger for a new believer is not having anyone to explain the Gospel before Satan comes along and robs you of it. I can tell by your words that Jesus has already paid you a visit by His spirit...and now Satan will do his best to get in the way of your conversion!. YOU CAN BEAT HIM!!!

Alyssa, God is the one who will do the work...if you truly trust the Word and follow Him.

Back