Hello Brothers And Sisters Of Christ

I have recently become Christian as well as joined this site. Since I am only 14 I live with my parents and getting to grips with this amazing faith has proven a challenge but I still tackle it. I am going to sign up for church and have the full support of my parents.

Since my parents are not religious they understand nothing about Christianity and so I am on my own. I would like to ask everyone a question: How would you get started into the Christian faith?

I have studied the Bible a bit and practised a few prayers but no much else really. I have found a local church that I shall attend and take a course there to learn exactly how to become a Christian and what both God and Jesus Christ want me to do.

Thank you for taking your time to read this today.

I have recently become Christian as well as joined this site. Since I am only 14 I live with my parents and getting to grips with this amazing faith has proven a challenge but I still tackle it. I am going to sign up for church and have the full support of my parents.

Since my parents are not religious they understand nothing about Christianity and so I am on my own. I would like to ask everyone a question: How would you get started into the Christian faith?

I have studied the Bible a bit and practised a few prayers but no much else really. I have found a local church that I shall attend and take a course there to learn exactly how to become a Christian and what both God and Jesus Christ want me to do.

Welcome to CFS Tommy and welcome my brother to the big family.
Just in case you have not yet, I would encourage you to look over the forum policies and procedures and getting your self familiar with the way things work around here.
This will help to make your time here at CFS a safe and joyful time.

If you have any questions or issues please feel free to pm any staff member and we will gladly do what ever we can to help.
Again Welcome
Blessings
FCJ

How would you get started into the Christian faith?

Hi Tommy,
Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

This tells us we need to keep hearing God's word by reading and listening to it being taught.

Now with that said I wanted to ask you if you are referring to becoming born again when you asked how to get started in the Christian Faith?

Blessings
FCJ

Welcome Tommy to cfs! It's a pleasure to have you here!

The biggest way to get started is to do exactly as you are doing. Reading your Bible and finding a local church that you feel God is directing you to, and talkin to God a lot.

I would encourage you to begin reading the Bible in Matthew and read the rest of the new testament, to learn what Jesus is like and His ways.

Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance

animated-welcome-image-0112.gif

Hi! Welcome :) like Fish Catcher Jim and Cturtle have already mentioned, keep doing what you're doing and continue to seek God and His Word.

The Holy Spirit will guide you more importantly.

I pray that God will continue to show and reveal to you who He is! In Jesus Name :)

Hello and welcome to the site.
Immerse yourself in the Word of God; this is the key. Allow the Word and the Holy Spirit to guide you and strengthen you.
You can find free Bible study tools online which you may find useful.
Please see the link below for a site full of free study tools. (y)

http://www.biblestudytools.com/

Back