Hello members

Hi everyone, I'm reaching out because I'm not currently a believer, but I'm interested in exploring Christianity and developing a deeper faith. I'm looking for someone who can be a friend and guide me on this journey. I'm open to learning more about God and what it means to be a Christian, and I'm hoping someone here can help me understand and experience the love and truth of Christianity. Kindly PM If anyone is willing to share their experiences and knowledge with me, I would be truly grateful. Thank you for your consideration and support.

Good morning newsong. If you are sincerely seeking to enquire about Christianity... we have several very well seasoned and mature believers here within the forums.

God promises that IF we seek HIM...we will FIND HIM.

The forums are FILLED with many different topics.

Welcome to CFS.

Hello, newsong, and welcome to the forum. You can ask questions here in the open forum and get answers from some very knowledgeable people. You will not be put down or ridiculed in any way. The first piece of advice I give is to get yourself a bible and begin reading it. I suggest that you start with the gospel of John in the new testament as this primarily focuses on God's love and who Jesus is. The next bit of advice is to find a bible believing church and go visit with the pastor and ask him questions. Again welcome, and I look forward to seeing your posts and maybe answering some of your questions.

Hello, newsong, and welcome to the forum. You can ask questions here in the open forum and get answers from some very knowledgeable people. You will not be put down or ridiculed in any way. The first piece of advice I give is to get yourself a bible and begin reading it. I suggest that you start with the gospel of John in the new testament as this primarily focuses on God's love and who Jesus is. The next bit of advice is to find a bible believing church and go visit with the pastor and ask him questions. Again welcome, and I look forward to seeing your posts and maybe answering some of your questions.
Thank you so much for your warm welcome and helpful advice! I appreciate your kindness and willingness to help.

Hi everyone, I'm reaching out because I'm not currently a believer, but I'm interested in exploring Christianity and developing a deeper faith. I'm looking for someone who can be a friend and guide me on this journey. I'm open to learning more about God and what it means to be a Christian, and I'm hoping someone here can help me understand and experience the love and truth of Christianity. Kindly PM If anyone is willing to share their experiences and knowledge with me, I would be truly grateful. Thank you for your consideration and support.
I suggest you read the Gospel of John; in that gospel, John, who was closest to Jesus, shows us the heart and character of Jesus. As you read the gospel, you can then bring questions here to the forum. We have many mature, knowledgeable, and loving believers here eager to help.

Why dont you start your journey by simply asking the questions that you are concerned with. There a many people here who can help you.

Good morning, newsong;

Thank you for your honesty that you are not yet a believer. That is a good start.

My late Mom prayed with me when I was 9 years old in the Church and became a believer that Sunday. I've been saved for 57 years and it has been
wonderful life but full of challenges.

The wonderful part is knowing that at this stage of my life, my heart is being truthful to God. I'm promised eternity in Heaven with Him and I trust what He promises in the Bible. In John 3:16, 16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. - ESV

The challenges part is loving others as God loves me unconditionally. In John 13:34-35, 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” - ESV

It's a lifetime work in progress of God helping me to look to Him first in all circumstances while guarding my heart and tongue toward all peoples and all situations. I learned besides being a Christian, or man of God, I'm still just a man.

This is a lifetime, profound discipline but the rewards are eternal.

John 3:16 and 13:34-35 are beautiful verses but it's another work in progress to love others consistently besides loving God first.

I hope my testimony helps and will encourage you and others to join in with further discussion.

God bless
you, newsong.

Yup, that's how my journey started.

Rtm

Hi everyone, I'm reaching out because I'm not currently a believer, but I'm interested in exploring Christianity and developing a deeper faith.
For me the Christian faith has been a time where God has been exploring me, revealing the gunk inside and showing me my absolute need of His Son's righteousness, rather than my own.
Newsong, you sound like you have been raised in a loving Christian (religious?)home.

"

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13

I am excited that you are taking this journey. The above scripture came to mind after reading your post. I am here for you whenever you want to talk or have questions and i know many other here would be willing as well. God wants to be found by you and if you are sincere (which i believe that you are) and you do what the above scripture says, you will find Him. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Simply go to Him and He will be there welcoming you with open arms :)

Just believe and receive the true Gospel message that Jesus is God in flesh who came to earth and life a full life having victory over sin, preaching the Word of God, loving and serving others, and doing miracles, signs, and wonders. He was then crucified on the cross as the Lamb of God to pay the price fall all the sin of mankind, was dead and buried. Then He arose from the dead, gaining victory over sin and death and ascended into Heaven to be at the right hand of God the Father. Then He sent the Holy Spirit here to live in the hearts of those who choose to believe in Him as the Messiah and repent of their sins. The Holy Spirit is our Helper who gives us the victory that Jesus won over sin when He arose from the dead. He is also our comforter, Healer, Protector, Peace, Joy, etc. The Holy Spirit is necessary for us to be able to do what God has called us to do and to operate in the gifts of the Spirit. He helps us to live holy and righteous lives, making us a new creation.

Back