Help with site pls.

I normally can work my way through new sites, but I'm having some challenges doing so on CFS.
At the left there are three bars and then a number. So let's say I'll see the number six. Then I tap on the number 6 and over at the top right Is a bell... with a different number, a number let's say 2. I also seem to reply twice to some members threads, but don't notice initially that the responses there, or I wouldn't have responded.
And how do people have things highlighted in blue or put a heart on the site or bold and underline?
When I press the top three dots on the right I have no functions that would apply to CFS.
And, do you use Google Docs or something similar and pull up a scripture, copy and paste it onto CFS site? Is that how you do it?
Can you please help?Thank you. ☺

I won't even go to the spoiler alert. Unfortunately I just don't get it...
Have an android phone... LG v20. Guessing 10? Years old
Yours in learning new "tricks".
NOT hopeless in Arizona....Belinda

Ps.. I opened up the tech question thread so I hope this is on the right thread. If not, would you please move it to correct the thread?

I normally can work my way through new sites, but I'm having some challenges doing so on CFS.
At the left there are three bars and then a number. So let's say I'll see the number six. Then I tap on the number 6 and over at the top right Is a bell... with a different number, a number let's say 2. I also seem to reply twice to some members threads, but don't notice initially that the responses there, or I wouldn't have responded.
And how do people have things highlighted in blue or put a heart on the site or bold and underline?
When I press the top three dots on the right I have no functions that would apply to CFS.
And, do you use Google Docs or something similar and pull up a scripture, copy and paste it onto CFS site? Is that how you do it?
Can you please help?Thank you. ☺

I won't even go to the spoiler alert. Unfortunately I just don't get it...
Have an android phone... LG v20. Guessing 10? Years old
Yours in learning new "tricks".
NOT hopeless in Arizona....Belinda

Ps.. I opened up the tech question thread so I hope this is on the right thread. If not, would you please move it to correct the thread?

When creating or editing a post you will see several buttons starting on the righthand side

If you hover over each button it explains what it does. For instance the first button erases any formatting that you have highlighted in the post you are creating. There is a bold button, font size button, text color button, etc.

You mentioned also 4 symbols in the banner which includes a bell. You can hover over these as well and they will tell you what they are.

I copy and paste scriptures from an online bible site, my preferred online Bible at this point is blueletterbible, but there are a number of these websites to choose from.

Feel free to ask other specific site use questions you might have. Let us know if this answers your questions, if you have additional questions feel free to reply with those as well.

I'm trying to follow what you are seeing & asking about... So, you see something similar to this?

1615603814621.png

At the left there are three bars and then a number.

If you tap on the 3 lines, it opens a menu..

1615603948860.png

The bell and that number shows your "alerts"... it tells you when someone replies to you, or mentions you in a comment, or hits a like on something you posted, etc. If you tap on the bell, it will open a drop-down menu to show you that activity & allow you tap on the shortcuts to that content.
---------------

As for the number next to those 3 lines at the top left...

1615604560355.png

I can only guess that it would indicate how many new posts since your last visit. Perhaps Banarenth or someone else knows what it is.
-------------

I also seem to reply twice to some members threads, but don't notice initially that the responses there, or I wouldn't have responded.

This seems to be a technical glitch with the site right now. You are not the only one having this problem. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.
-----------

(..... to be continued....)

I'm trying to follow what you are seeing & asking about... So, you see something similar to this?

View attachment 5520

If you tap on the 3 lines, it opens a menu..

View attachment 5521

The bell and that number shows your "alerts"... it tells you when someone replies to you, or mentions you in a comment, or hits a like on something you posted, etc. If you tap on the bell, it will open a drop-down menu to show you that activity & allow you tap on the shortcuts to that content.
---------------

View attachment 5522

I can only guess that it would indicate how many new posts since your last visit. Perhaps Banarenth or someone else knows what it is.
-------------

This seems to be a technical glitch with the site right now. You are not the only one having this problem. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.
-----------

(..... to be continued....)
Thank you. Going to give it a try. Yes, I do see what you "see".

When creating or editing a post you will see several buttons starting on the righthand side

If you hover over each button it explains what it does. For instance the first button erases any formatting that you have highlighted in the post you are creating. There is a bold button, font size button, text color button, etc.

You mentioned also 4 symbols in the banner which includes a bell. You can hover over these as well and they will tell you what they are.

I copy and paste scriptures from an online bible site, my preferred online Bible at this point is blueletterbible, but there are a number of these websites to choose from.
Thank you, Chuck. I never have noticed any of those buttons on the right hand side when I create or reply to a post. I will delve into this. Thanks again. Belinda

Thank you.

Thank you.

I highlighted the "dots" below... each set of dots give you additional options.

1615606669588.png

------------------

And you can preview a post by toggling this icon...

1615606872250.png

-----------

anytime you see the 3 dots, they open more options.

View attachment 5522

-------------
I finally got around to checking from my phone and I don't have any numbers there. I like the idea of new posts, but I have dozens of new posts every time, so my next guess would be any post that you are following? Or maybe posts that you have replied to in some way?

I am extremely extremely humbled. Believe it or not, I did not even notice the B for bold, the sign for italicize, and all of the other symbols above where we respond. Oh my gosh, I've known this stuff for years.
Kind of like putting your glasses on top of your head and then not remembering they are there...
All you out there...
please tell me you've done this. The ONLY reason I know this is a friend told me they did it.☺
Thank you all for your assistance. Belinda

Ok......one more question...
Sam, you have a heart instead of Thumbs Up etc etc for our replies. How did you place that Heart there? The heart is not one of those available signs.

I am extremely extremely humbled. Believe it or not, I did not even notice the B for bold, the sign for italicize, and all of the other symbols above where we respond. Oh my gosh, I've known this stuff for years.
Kind of like putting your glasses on top of your head and then not remembering they are there...
All you out there...
please tell me you've done this. The ONLY reason I know this is a friend told me they did it.☺

Hey Belinda;

How about this...I have used my log and password at CFS forever until one day I completely forgot my password. It took me 20 minutes being unable to remember, and 1 minute for Christian Forum Site allowing me to reset. After all that, I found the password in my little notepad in the drawer of my desk. But decided to keep the new one. Grrrrrrrr!

I'd tell you more but I don't remember. lol! 😎

Hey Belinda;

How about this...I have used my log and password at CFS forever until one day I completely forgot my password. It took me 20 minutes being unable to remember, and 1 minute for Christian Forum Site allowing me to reset. After all that, I found the password in my little notepad in the drawer of my desk. But decided to keep the new one. Grrrrrrrr!

I'd tell you more but I don't remember. lol! 😎
Hehehehe....I love it!
I have more stories like that, but I choose to retain some shred of my dignity.. : ))

All you out there...
✋ Me.
So, um,... yeah... it's not just you!

Back