Hey everyone :]

:smiley180: welcome aboard CFS Katie you will luv it here and your introduction was a wonderful testimony . I have a 19 year old with a slight speech problem and a very intelligent brain :smiley10:
most people assume a speech impairment is a brain problem
NOT SO :smiley160:

Yeah, I have a major speech problem. lol. And you are right, people do think that when you sound different, you are mentally challenged. That's why I've had such bitterness towards everyone when I was a very young. The world can't just accept that people ARE different. It's called variety. God didn't create someone exactly alike because how boring would that be? I mean, let's say Im on a date. I dont want to date some guy that's exactly like me. I need some differences to keep this relationship moving. GOd created us all different so there'd be variety and not some boring life!

1768029hjwx8jk6np.gif

I knew I had seen you before! I remembered your username from somewhere else, and it has been bugging me ever since you came. I happened across a certain "Beachcooky" while I was looking for something else, and that inspired me to check another place - the place I thought I remembered seeing your username before and, viola'!, I am not so senile as I thought. I'm not a stalker, really, it's just how my memory works. Anyway, now that I've scratched that nagging mental itch, allow me to extend a much belated welcome. This is a good place to be and your joining us makes it even better.

Hahah, rumely, your post just made me smile!
And no worries, I don't think you're a stalker :)

Sadly, I don't think I remember you? Lol.
I'm sorrry :[ :[ :[

Not surprising, since I don't spend nearly as much time on those sites as I do here. I did, however, start a post welcoming you when you joined one of the other sites, but I deleted it before posting because it just sounded a bit off the wall and I was too tired to come up with something more orthodox. I was a bit surprised to realize that was already about a year ago.:)

Ohh! Haha, I've been on many christian forum sites. This and another site is the only ones I'm active on, though :) :) :)

Yeah, I have a major speech problem. lol. And you are right, people do think that when you sound different, you are mentally challenged. That's why I've had such bitterness towards everyone when I was a very young. The world can't just accept that people ARE different. It's called variety. God didn't create someone exactly alike because how boring would that be? I mean, let's say Im on a date. I dont want to date some guy that's exactly like me. I need some differences to keep this relationship moving. GOd created us all different so there'd be variety and not some boring life!

:smiley90: right on xspinningisfun

Hey everyone :]

A long time ago, I used to be a self-righteous person. "I'm such a better person then you," blah blah blah. But God has been wonderful to me. Especially since September 2009. Since then, God has called me into the ministry. Especially to minister to teen girls.

I have a speech impediment. You have no idea how much I was ridiculed since age 6. Not kidding. It hurts when you overhear someone saying that I'm a retard, or that they don't even understand me.

I've been both sexually AND physically abused. And everything was swept under the rug. I had to deal with people who didn't believe me, who didn't care, who blamed me. It was a horrible experience.

But lately, I've been trying not to think of myself as a "victim." There's a scripture that I live by. I don't remember where it was located, but it said that we go through things so that we may be able to minister to thsoe who are going through the same thing. I love that scripture, because it's so true. Do I still have scars? Of course. Many of them.

But since September, I asked for a peace from God. Satan can give us false peace. But I asked God to give me HIS peace. And since then, God has given me such a peace and I've been happier. It's one amazing feeling.

Anyways, I'm katie. And I'm 20, soon to be 21. I do go to a community college, but will be attending a Christian school, Elim.

I try to love people as best as I can. I can't rely on myself, so I rely on God's love. I think of all my enemies, and God says, "But I love them." And then I try to love them, as well!

Sorry that this is long. But hopefully I get to know you guys!

Katie! OMG girl, I never knew...we have so much to talk about. You should seriously email me. I'd love to hear more about your story and share some of mine with you. God bless you beautiful sweetheart.

Katie! OMG girl, I never knew...we have so much to talk about. You should seriously email me. I'd love to hear more about your story and share some of mine with you. God bless you beautiful sweetheart.
Woah! Have I really been here for 3 years?! Time flies by!

And of course! Let's talk! I left a lot of stuff out of that testimony! :)

Back