Hide your Crosses and Bibles!!!

What a headline to wake up to.......
The following article (24-8-18) states "Christian symbols are being removed from funeral services amid growing fears of equality laws.
Bibles, crucifixes and prayer books could disappear from chapels after militant atheists and minorities complained they are offensive."

Scotland's Inspector of Crematoria said that "Demands for the removal of Christian symbols before funerals are on the increase.
He warned, "that failure to comply could result in accusations of discrimination as defined under the Equality Act 2010."

If this comes to fruition (and it will not stop there) in a small country like Scotland!

So sad. so very, very :(

Shalom.
weewillie.

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
What a headline to wake up to.......
The following article (24-8-18) states "Christian symbols are being removed from funeral services amid growing fears of equality laws.
Bibles, crucifixes and prayer books could disappear from chapels after militant atheists and minorities complained they are offensive."

Scotland's Inspector of Crematoria said that "Demands for the removal of Christian symbols before funerals are on the increase.
He warned, "that failure to comply could result in accusations of discrimination as defined under the Equality Act 2010."

If this comes to fruition (and it will not stop there) in a small country like Scotland!

So sad. so very, very :(

Shalom.
weewillie.

Well then Let the Christians operate and believe such as that the Word of God is True and Real.
Isaiah 50:19
So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west and His glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.

All it takes is agreeing Christians and we can stop things like this.

Blessings
FCJ

Amens/Likes: weewillie and Cturtle

Cturtle

Senior Moderator / Secretary
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Sounds like it's time for the Christian's to start praying against this!

In the Name of Jesus I thank You Father for raising up more people to pray against this law and put a stop to it. And I commend you satan to stop manifesting your lies and ways in the lives of the people of the world. Thank You Father for creating an atmosphere where Your Children have free reign and favor with all mankind to be as we are called by You to be. May we all represent You well and in godly mannor.
In Jesus Name we pray,
Amen

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Sounds like it's time for the Christian's to start praying against this!

In the Name of Jesus I thank You Father for raising up more people to pray against this law and put a stop to it. And I commend you satan to stop manifesting your lies and ways in the lives of the people of the world. Thank You Father for creating an atmosphere where Your Children have free reign and favor with all mankind to be as we are called by You to be. May we all represent You well and in godly mannor.
In Jesus Name we pray,
Amen
Amen and Amen

There must be some recent Government edict on the operation of privacy laws in the UK, or at least in the Denomination with which I have been associated for over ninety years.

I understand that in our monthly newsletter and on our weekly notice-sheet there must be no names connected with rotas, and only telephone numbers displayed where absolutely necessary. The quarterly Plan of preaching appointments has a restricted page of Ministers' and Local Preachers' names and addresses which is treated as Top Secret and is only available to the selected few.

In the Welcome Room, a row of photographs of all members and friends, with names, is due to be taken down, being "illegal".
My brother has many boxes of pages of membership history dating back many generations, which seem to be in limbo, as it is impossible for the named people to give permission for contact details to be quoted.

The occasional display of a flag outside during the operation of a morning session of the church café is frowned upon.

We can still be seen carrying our Bibles and hymn-books though. Praise be !!

The members in here, I discovered very speedily, are dedicated Christian Soldiers whose heart and mind readily come to the assistance of many members who seek help, encouragement, guidance and\or spiritual uplift.

We all have a story to tell, each one every bit as important as the next.
So, the offer to pray for correction regarding the article above is truly welcome.

We, in the UK, are being suffocated, not only by privacy laws but human rights laws also, some are essential in many areas however, some are clearly not thought out properly in a clean, fair or balanced manner.

Christianity is being pushed\sidelined, never to be mentioned again unless that is, you oppose it.
I've said for many years, if Christianity is pushed aside in the UK, then God help us, for something will replace it. That something is here now, and it's tentacles are reaching out even further as each day passes.

Lord God our Heavenly Father, I pause before you now to offer a grateful thank you for guiding me towards ChristianForumSite.com.
The offer by members to pray for the ludicrous, unfair, unjust and dangerous situation the above newspaper article exposes, is dearly welcomed and truly required.

Please bless all members of the forum and all who come to visit

I say all these things in the name of, and through the authority of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.
Amen.

Thank you dearest members. All of you.

weewillie.

Amens/Likes: Cturtle

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Christianity is being pushed\sidelined, never to be mentioned again unless that is, you oppose it.
I've said for many years, if Christianity is pushed aside in the UK, then God help us, for something will replace it. That something is here now, and it's tentacles are reaching out even further as each day passes.
Darkness will NEVER snuff out the LIGHT!!

Darkness will NEVER snuff out the LIGHT!!

Agreed, as most assuredly, will every member in here, File Catcher Jim. Well said.

It is the genuinely good, caring, loving people out there in the world whose eyes and mind have not yet been opened I think about in times of trouble and carnage.
I cannot judge them....
There, but for the Grace of God go I.

The pain and suffering they've had to endure, and will continue to endure due to bombings, mass shootings etc, is so sad.
They have no real knowledge of The End Times nor what it holds....

They are ill-prepared for the future, nor what the future truly holds for them. Neither are they aware of the deep meaning, assurance, and comfort we all gain by reading the Psalm below, or any of the other Scriptures....

Psalm 23 NIV
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Psalm 23 KJV
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the
paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Shalom.

weewillie.

Amens/Likes: AtomicSnowflake
There must be some recent Government edict on the operation of privacy laws in the UK, or at least in the Denomination with which I have been associated for over ninety years.

I understand that in our monthly newsletter and on our weekly notice-sheet there must be no names connected with rotas, and only telephone numbers displayed where absolutely necessary. The quarterly Plan of preaching appointments has a restricted page of Ministers' and Local Preachers' names and addresses which is treated as Top Secret and is only available to the selected few.

In the Welcome Room, a row of photographs of all members and friends, with names, is due to be taken down, being "illegal".
My brother has many boxes of pages of membership history dating back many generations, which seem to be in limbo, as it is impossible for the named people to give permission for contact details to be quoted.

The occasional display of a flag outside during the operation of a morning session of the church café is frowned upon.

We can still be seen carrying our Bibles and hymn-books though. Praise be !!
Thank you Smiler and Hello.

I don't know when we last spotted anyone carrying a Bible. Probably due to the possibility of offending anyone. :rolleyes:
What a world we now find ourselves living in.

We need Privacy Laws for sure in many areas however, it's becoming a bit of a farce really.
It really started shifting up a gear or two when the Human Rights authority really started to flex their muscles.

I'm unaware of the position in any other country, but the latest proposal is for a telephone to be installed in every prison cell in the country.
The many bad guys who, even in prison, control whatever it is they are inside for, will be jumping with glee if that if that law passes through government.

Hah, next they will be ordering Chinese meals or whatever to be delivered to their cells.

The wife of one ex-Prime Minister is a Barrister and Human Rights Lawer who pushes through her many views.

Thank you for your reply.

Shalom.

weewillie.

I thought this was weird.
One thing that struck me is now even christians are coerced into burning their loved ones at crematoriums. Its like an offense to actually bury your loved ones whole. Its like satan wants to destroy everything God had created so he puts the price up for burial plots that hardly anyone can afford and makes burning the cheaper option hoping people either wont care or feel they got no choice.

Amens/Likes: weewillie

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
I thought this was weird.
One thing that struck me is now even christians are coerced into burning their loved ones at crematoriums. Its like an offense to actually bury your loved ones whole. Its like satan wants to destroy everything God had created so he puts the price up for burial plots that hardly anyone can afford and makes burning the cheaper option hoping people either wont care or feel they got no choice.
There is nothing wrong with cremation.
It's an empty vessel with no value and once we leave our earth suite we will never want it back.
We will get New Glorified Bodies.
Blessings

Dont know about telephone sin prisons scotland seems a bit behind the times when you could just have cellphone coverage if someone sneaks a cellphone in.

The world will always be crazy but believers are called to turn those kingdoms of the world upside down. Because we belong to the kingdom of God that actually will crush all those worldly kingdoms into a powder. I mean this rock is seriously huge, who can go against God? He hears every telephone conversation anyway, its not as if He doesnt know, He can easily shine the light into any situation and expose what people get up to in the dark.

So yea this privacy thing is just dumb, in the scheme of things, what is hidden will eventually be brought to light you cannot hide from God.

There is nothing wrong with cremation.
It's an empty vessel with no value and once we leave our earth suite we will never want it back.
We will get New Glorified Bodies.
Blessings
Actually its a vessel of honor filled with the holy spirit. Temple of the holy spirit. Am not talking about the flesh which will decay, but our soul, which contains the holy spirit. JEsus talked about new wineskins right. Hes giving us new wineskins.

Not many christians seem to understand this that God doesnt want us to perish and He hasnt marked us out for destruction. He wants to preserve us. That is why Jesus bones were not crushed.

If you dont value what God has created am sorry but God does.
Its like, the difference between a weed and a plant that God has planted. Do you do gardening. You get rid of weeds right. You dont want them seeding everywhere. So you destory those plants, cut them up, burn them, compost them.

You want good plants to grow where you want them right.You save them, you transplant them, you preserve their seed.

GOd is a good gardener. he knows the difference, His angels know to reap the wheat from the tares, which are only fit to be burned. Why would you burn the wheat?

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Actually its a vessel of honor filled with the holy spirit. Temple of the holy spirit. Am not talking about the flesh which will decay, but our soul, which contains the holy spirit. JEsus talked about new wineskins right. Hes giving us new wineskins.

Not many christians seem to understand this that God doesnt want us to perish and He hasnt marked us out for destruction. He wants to preserve us. That is why Jesus bones were not crushed.
Once a person dies. The body, their earth suite is a pile of garbage. It is empty and useless.
Our soul will stay with the Spirit.
Please don't condemn those who cremate over the so called traditional burial.
Neither are a sin nor against God.
Blessings

You know, it's interesting the way this subject has expanded. Tell you why, myself and my wife have discussed just what God would recommend, burial or cremation. I've haven't been assured either way.
I don't fancy being burned, neither do I feel all that passionate about burial.
I'm not at all sure there is a directive from God on the subject\ if there is a recommendation coming from the Bible, then we've overlooked it for some reason.
We're all looking at it from a human being's thoughts on the subject, which is only natural if there is no directive for us.

All the replies on the subject are immensely interesting.

Shalom.
weewillie.

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
You know, it's interesting the way this subject has expanded. Tell you why, myself and my wife have discussed just what God would recommend, burial or cremation. I've haven't been assured either way.
I don't fancy being burned, neither do I feel all that passionate about burial.
I'm not at all sure there is a directive from God on the subject\ if there is a recommendation coming from the Bible, then we've overlooked it for some reason.
We're all looking at it from a human being's thoughts on the subject, which is only natural if there is no directive for us.

All the replies on the subject are immensely interesting.

Shalom.
weewillie.
What does it really matter anyway?
No one is home. The body or earth suite is empty of life once we leave.
That's probably why I stopped going to funerals. My last memory is not going to be a lifeless sort of memory resembling whomever .

One of my Pastors was told NOT to open a coffin at a funeral he could not get out of and just place a picture of them in their 30's.
Made perfect sense to me.
Blessings

I believe it matters God.
Everything we do is to glorify Him.

Nobody is condemning anyone in Christ Jesus but the soul is important to God, few people realise that the valley of dry Bones indicates God will restore our souls which are contained in our very bones. This is the very reason Jesus was raised from the dead, earth could not contain Him, he was also resurrected BODILY and not as some people think, appeared to 500 people as a ghost. Thomas doubted but he asked Jesus and Jesus confirmed that he was resurrected not just a disembodied spirit.

I would pray about it and ask God on the matter for we are precious in His sight. This is why Jesus came to save us. When you save something, you dont chuck it away and deem it worthless.

I think people are so used to todays throw-away garbage culture that they treat their own bodies the same.

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
few people realise that the valley of dry Bones indicates God will restore our souls which are contained in our very bones. T
Soul is our mind, will and emotions.
It will stay with the spirit of man.
This means if you don't have a born again spirit and destined unto hell, your soul or mind, will and emotions will be in tact. It's the spirit of a man that goes to hell.

God Will give us a new BODY. A GLORIFIED body which will be full of His Glory and not human blood.
God Restores our Spirits and We restore our Soul through His Word in the now.

This is the very reason Jesus was raised from the dead, earth could not contain Him, he was also resurrected BODILY and not as some people think
Jesus In Spirit was raised and He was given a New Glorified Body. Just as we will get a new Glorified Body.

I think people are so used to todays throw-away garbage culture that they treat their own bodies the same.
The body only has value as long as a Spirit is in it. Once we pass on, our body, which is our earth suit will be an empty thing destined to rot and decay.

Just as The Holy Spirit Resides in us in the here and now. Once we leave here and enter into Heaven, We will no longer house the Holt Spirit. He is here for us now while on this earth.

The human body only has value as long as a Spirit Being is housed in it.
Blessings
FCJ

What does it really matter anyway?
No one is home. The body or earth suite is empty of life once we leave.
That's probably why I stopped going to funerals. My last memory is not going to be a lifeless sort of memory resembling whomever .

One of my Pastors was told NOT to open a coffin at a funeral he could not get out of and just place a picture of them in their 30's.
Made perfect sense to me.
Blessings
Well, assuming my soul is going upwards rather than downwards when the end times come around, I don't quite fancy pressing the re-wind button to view my earthly body being incinerated or buried 6' under. More so perhaps as I told my wife "if I go first, then a cardboard box will suffice rather than an expensive wooden coffin she will never cast eyes on again, no point in spending a fortune on a fancy oblong wooden box"
If she sticks to that, my old body and the cardboard box will speedily disappear.

On a more serious note, a close friend of ours spent a fortune on a coffin for his dear old mother. He asked for the coffin (and his mother) to be delivered to his home prior to the burial.
That's fine, many people do likewise. The only problem arose when he decided to unscrew the coffin lid to see his mother one final time, in doing so, he discovered a very cheap lining, the opposite theme from the one he had chosen.
I was appalled to hear of such a thing and asked if he had reported his findings to the funeral parlour. However, he did not complain. I feel it was all so raw in his mind at the time.

Poor chap.

Shalom.

weewillie.

Amens/Likes: Fish Catcher Jim