Hide your Crosses and Bibles!!!

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Well, assuming my soul is going upwards rather than downwards when the end times come around, I don't quite fancy pressing the re-wind button to view my earthly body being incinerated or buried 6' under. More so perhaps as I told my wife "if I go first, then a cardboard box will suffice rather than an expensive wooden coffin she will never cast eyes on again, no point in spending a fortune on a fancy oblong wooden box"
If she sticks to that, my old body and the cardboard box will speedily disappear.

On a more serious note, a close friend of ours spent a fortune on a coffin for his dear old mother. He asked for the coffin (and his mother) to be delivered to his home prior to the burial.
That's fine, many people do likewise. The only problem arose when he decided to unscrew the coffin lid to see his mother one final time, in doing so, he discovered a very cheap lining, the opposite theme from the one he had chosen.
I was appalled to hear of such a thing and asked if he had reported his findings to the funeral parlour. However, he did not complain. I feel it was all so raw in his mind at the time.

Poor chap.

Shalom.

weewillie.
Greetings weewillie ,
I wanted to make it easily clear that my reply is not directed at you in any way, shape or form. Your words were lingering in my my mind when I felt the Lord Stir the following inside of me. So I am simply piggybacking off your post. :)

You brought up a good point. It is very expensive to pass away and be buried these days as well as being born into this world.
So here is what I want to share.

All across this land and well the world you have Christians fighting against those who are Prosperous and I mean Very Rich.

They take bits and pieces of Scripture and use it to prove their point for after all it says so in the Bible. Sadly Enough one can prove any point they wish as long as one refuses to Rightly Divide His Most Holy Written Word.

Christians Claim we are to be poor or just have enough to get by because Jesus was poor.
1. Jesus needed a treasurer.
Poor people don't need one
Further more think.....when Judas got up with the money bag which he helped himself to free money over the years, the disciples thought he was going to give the money to the poor.
Come on.....if any of us were sitting down at a meal and some one got up and grabbed their purse or money bag and headed out we would think they were going to the Bathroom and not going to go give the money to the poor. But they did, because that was the normal thing THEY DID....Poor people don't do that.

OK Scripture says Jesus became poor so we could be rich.. The only way one BECOMES Poor is to first be Rich.
Scripture tells us in many places where Substances (money) and other valuable things were ministered (given) unto Jesus and His Team.

Now I said all that to say this.....
Scripture tells us this.....
But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth

A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children’s children:
and the wealth of the sinner islaid up for the just.

How can this be? If Jesus was poor and we are to be poor how can either of these be true?
No all a poor man can leave anyone is debt.

Which brings me back to these Christians who are apposed to Wealthy Christians.
They are in DEBT with 30 year house loans.
6 to 10 years of car payments and maxed out credit cards and so forth.

They Dare to enter into a COVENANT Relationship with a lender for most of their adult life and Refuse to Tithe and give and boast that wealthy Christians are in sin.

Fact....they are a slave unto their lenders and could do nothing to very little if God asked them too.
But a debt free Wealthy Christian can get much done. Hmm.....

Scripture ALSO SAYS....But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
....Breakdown......His Way of doing things.

Scripture tells us to owe no man anything but the debt of LOVE.
Hmmmm. Credit, loans, maxed out cards, mortgage payments and so much more.
So how is a poor Christian more humbly Holy?

It's the Love of Money or PUTTING MONEY FIRST that God is against.

Bottom Line.....it's time to stop this religious nonsense and saying what the devil says and get back to God's ways of doing things.

Freebie.......
What does the devil use most to temp people to stay with him and not God?
Why It's MONEY AND FAME.......

Now who stands to gain anything by saying Christians have to be poor and can not have anything and MONEY IS BAD if you Get With that Jesus bunch...? God is mean.

Why of course it's satan who benifits there.
But yet Christians Speak this as Biblical Truth........go figure......satan ain't proud, he will use anybody to do his bidding.

Just wanted to share this
Blessings
FCJ

Amens/Likes: weewillie and Cturtle
Hi File Catcher Jim,

You know what, I never considered for a second you were aiming your post at me however, I do understand your words and can relate to them. Some thoughts do tend to linger in the mind until we feel we really are prompted to reply in a certain manner as you were prompted to do.. I would say further that God obviously had planned you were to reply with the content you posted and in this instance, I would say it was well worth it, because in reading your post I felt you most assuredly were indeed inspired by Him to reply with a powerful and interesting read.
It will surely appeal to many who read your reply, so a bonus has emerged from it all for all our our benefits.

"God works in mysterious ways" as many many people say, though we of course, who are blessed with His presence in all that we do.
We who are most fortunate to have been called towards God. We, who accept and are guided by Him do take action when He inspires us to do so, do not consider our relationship with and guidance from Him mysterious whatsoever.
It's a wonderful, wonderful lifestyle.

Thank you.

I would also like to use this post to apologise for not contributing these past couple of weeks. I was more tired than normal caused by diabetes. I simply had to take to my bed. Hah, and I'm still tired but it has eased, so hopefully not too many errors on my part.

Regards.
weewillie

Amens/Likes: Cturtle

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
You know what, I never considered for a second you were aiming your post at me however, I do understand your words and can relate to them.
Thank you Sir,
I did that as a Cautionary Explanation because you would be surprised at how many members will turn things around and make it a personal attack on them. It would be funny if it were not so sad .

I would also like to use this post to apologise for not contributing these past couple of weeks. I was more tired than normal caused by diabetes. I simply had to take to my bed. Hah, and I'm still tired but it has eased, so hopefully not too many errors on my part.
No Apologies Needed !!
We will be praying more for you in this.
I must Apologize to you as I did not connect the dots as your absence around here with you dealing with things.

Blessings
FCJ

Amens/Likes: Cturtle and weewillie
Thank you Sir,
I did that as a Cautionary Explanation because you would be surprised at how many members will turn things around and make it a personal attack on them. It would be funny if it were not so sad .

No Apologies Needed !!
We will be praying more for you in this.
I must Apologize to you as I did not connect the dots as your absence around here with you dealing with things.

Blessings
FCJ
First of all FCJ, thank you for including me in your prayers, more so as I reckon you no doubt will have many subjects to speak to God about in your prayer list.
Second, like you...Nah no need at all for apologies, you will be too busy in here to have noticed, and anyway the tiredness is slowly lifting each day. :)

Regards.
weewillie.