High Priest of Your Confession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession [or confession], Christ Jesus.
– Hebrews 3:1
7CTLTGkDHAoiFIXiW2iVP6RGyp1vq-IfzkutAYHqXx4OWxZ8wyqU7eC6rybRy1Wu-ZrQAhSIz7thDLAJv0KLX1WMFvnJ1CGOGn9zfMoCwSXouI-MaJKWhfgCLWtvti0zx-tI=s0-d-e1-ft

Very few believers today understand the mystery of the apostleship and priesthood of Jesus. We think that an apostle is some kind of supersaint. But apostle actually means “sent one.” So, Jesus has been sent from God to do something for us.

He’s been sent to serve as our High Priest. Again, many believers don’t have the first idea what a high priest does. They picture a person walking around in strange clothes performing religious rituals.

In reality, a high priest is much more than that. He is one who is authorized to administer, to execute, to implement and to carry into effect. Now, you may wonder what it is that Jesus is authorized to administer, execute or carry out on your behalf. Hebrews 3:1 says that Jesus is the High Priest of our confession. He’s been sent to put into effect, to execute, to carry out the words that you say.

But, chances are, you’ve been speaking what you feel, instead of speaking words of faith.

If, for example, you’re speaking sickness, what’s He going to do with that? He’s not High Priest over sickness. He can’t execute that. If you’re saying, “I’m so weak, I’m so tired,” He can’t carry that out. The Bible says, “Let the weak say, I am strong!” The minute you say that, Jesus can administer strength.
Jesus is not going to administer sickness or disease or poverty or sin. He’s defeated all that. He is High Priest over deliverance and righteousness and freedom.

Consider that. Then as you come before Jesus, don’t speak words of defeat. Speak words He can implement—words of victory. That’s what He’s been ordained by God to bring to pass in your life.
7CTLTGkDHAoiFIXiW2iVP6RGyp1vq-IfzkutAYHqXx4OWxZ8wyqU7eC6rybRy1Wu-ZrQAhSIz7thDLAJv0KLX1WMFvnJ1CGOGn9zfMoCwSXouI-MaJKWhfgCLWtvti0zx-tI=s0-d-e1-ft

Scripture Reading: Hebrews 7:20-28
© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

Interesting take but I think confession means you are honest with God, if we confess our sins God is just and faithful to forgive them. Dont pretend you something you not. Also Jesus says come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest, so its not as if He doesnt know that we can get weary. The thing is he takes the load off us, the sin that weighs us down, and will lift us up.

As believers, we need to surrender everything to Him. Faith is not the kind of 'fake it till you make it' postitive thinking new age babble, meaning you say something and it HAS to come true so never say anything negative. You have to be honest with God, as Hes on the throne of grace and can adminster this grace only if we are humble i.e honest! God is not a genie in that He does things only at our command.

If we are tired, we can say Lord, give us strength! Another thing is...allow ourselves to rest. There is no crime in having a nap. Jesus slept through a storm, he didnt fight it!

Scripture says keep His Word in your eyes ears and mouth.
Mouth equals speaking and speaking is what you are confessing.

Faith Filled Words move mountains and change things.
What are Faith Filled Words?
Why they are the very written word of God.
However they must be filled with Faith which means you must have enough belief and trust in God's Word that it comes out in your words. There is power then but just saying scripture without Faith won't do one much.
Blessings
FCJ

Hello Cturtle;

These are good points, everyone!

Hebrews 3:1 is a great passage as all of Hebrew, and thank you for sharing this teaching.

There are variances of confession and it all zeros in on the root confession of our High Priest in Hebrews 3:1.

Philippians 2:11 complements Hebrews 3:1 is one of the root confessions of the faith, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Our confession of faith gives us the boldness, despite our convictions to confess our sins.

In 1 John 1:9 is the confession of our sins, 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Our confession of sin takes faith that we will be forgiven despite our convictions.

For example, in John 5:5-11, at the Pool of Bethesda, Jesus was asking the sick man of 38 years if he wanted to be healed but instead of responding in faith the man gave Jesus excuses. This was not a confession, but a feeling of defeat. However, this did not hinder Jesus' compassion and commanded the man to get up and walk, and the man was healed.

And I agree. We cannot pretend with God. It's like confessing our sins but not really being repentive, or confessing our faith while we continue to doubt Him.

Now I feel convicted because of the times I tried to fool God and hide from Him. Yikes!

God bless you, Cturtle and your family.

I was talking with one guy at the missions dinner who doesnt come to our church but goes to a different one (called reformed) from his mother and he said to me he doesnt come because he doesnt want to be minstered to by a woman, which i thought was a bit strange because this church is not that all that liberal and doesnt have a female pastor. Last time I looked, both were male!

Of course that made me feel a bit indignant because im female and I dont always ask to be ministered by solely women. And his mother is a bible in schools helper. (And most of the teachers inclduing myself were women)

Anyway he said something about agreeing with the westminster confession on all except infant baptism. I dont really know what the westminster confession is - but he also said, he himself doesnt lead any bible study because he doesnt fully agree with it. ?! Why would you attend a church you didnt fully agree with, but he said he agrees more with the westminster confession than any other church which he thinks is too liberal or soft on scripture.

I dont know, maybe reformed churches dont have any women in them to sully their pews for fear they may influence the men. We had women speak at the missions dinner maybe he thought that was too liberal!

Last edited:
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession [or confession], Christ Jesus.
– Hebrews 3:1

Very few believers today understand the mystery of the apostleship and priesthood of Jesus. We think that an apostle is some kind of supersaint. But apostle actually means “sent one.” So, Jesus has been sent from God to do something for us.

He’s been sent to serve as our High Priest. Again, many believers don’t have the first idea what a high priest does. They picture a person walking around in strange clothes performing religious rituals.

In reality, a high priest is much more than that. He is one who is authorized to administer, to execute, to implement and to carry into effect. Now, you may wonder what it is that Jesus is authorized to administer, execute or carry out on your behalf. Hebrews 3:1 says that Jesus is the High Priest of our confession. He’s been sent to put into effect, to execute, to carry out the words that you say.

But, chances are, you’ve been speaking what you feel, instead of speaking words of faith.

If, for example, you’re speaking sickness, what’s He going to do with that? He’s not High Priest over sickness. He can’t execute that. If you’re saying, “I’m so weak, I’m so tired,” He can’t carry that out. The Bible says, “Let the weak say, I am strong!” The minute you say that, Jesus can administer strength.
Jesus is not going to administer sickness or disease or poverty or sin. He’s defeated all that. He is High Priest over deliverance and righteousness and freedom.

Consider that. Then as you come before Jesus, don’t speak words of defeat. Speak words He can implement—words of victory. That’s what He’s been ordained by God to bring to pass in your life.

Scripture Reading: Hebrews 7:20-28
© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

Thank you, Cturtle. Once again, you are posting things that are confirmation to me that I am in the right direction. I believe in healing. I believe in Supernatural healing, I believe sometimes healing takes time over the course of a period of time, I believe healing can take place instantly through Christ and I believe it can come from doctors, too. I also believe sometimes healing comes in our physical death on this earth as we enter heaven.
I was just praying last night and this morning thanking God for my physical healings, spiritual healings, financial healings, emotional healings. I want all the healing I can receive in every area of my life covered. I believe and I know who HE is. Healing is here for us all in every area of our lives. What we speak is very important... I want to thank HIM for all he has done for me and my son. We are so blessed and it over flows.

I love your reminders.. They are very much appreciated.

physical healings, spiritual healings, financial healings, emotional healings. I want all the healing I can receive in every area of my life covered. I

All these things are a part of THEE BLESSING. What Father has provided and made available to us through Christ that connects us to The Blessing of Abraham, and brings about His desired results in our lives "if" we choose to walk in His ways, believe in His power and ability and make what we say to match what He says (the word confession means to say the same thing).

If we don't believe and say what Father has said in His Most Holy Word... we will not receive all the things that He has provided. In other words as we say what He says.. we will get (receive) His results.. or the results that HE would get if He were speaking the words Himself. And why would we receive those things.. because it's His spirit within us that does the works... and being that His Word is alive (Hebrews 4:12) it has the power to make itself come to pass. And if Jesus is the High Priest of our confession (Hebrews 3:1)... and we have the ability and authority to be the mouthpiece of God on this earth.. He will see to it, that His Word will come to pass (isaiah 55:11)

This is why it's so important for us to truly watch our mouths... and the words that proceed from them. For as Jesus said it's not what goes into a man that defiles him, but what comes out of of the mouth that defiles. And any word that is opposite of THE WORD is what The Word calls disobedient or evil. This is even expressed as important to the Children of Israel in Exodus 23:21.

Blessings

All these things are a part of THEE BLESSING. What Father has provided and made available to us through Christ that connects us to The Blessing of Abraham, and brings about His desired results in our lives "if" we choose to walk in His ways, believe in His power and ability and make what we say to match what He says (the word confession means to say the same thing).

If we don't believe and say what Father has said in His Most Holy Word... we will not receive all the things that He has provided. In other words as we say what He says.. we will get (receive) His results.. or the results that HE would get if He were speaking the words Himself. And why would we receive those things.. because it's His spirit within us that does the works... and being that His Word is alive (Hebrews 4:12) it has the power to make itself come to pass. And if Jesus is the High Priest of our confession (Hebrews 3:1)... and we have the ability and authority to be the mouthpiece of God on this earth.. He will see to it, that His Word will come to pass (isaiah 55:11)

This is why it's so important for us to truly watch our mouths... and the words that proceed from them. For as Jesus said it's not what goes into a man that defiles him, but what comes out of of the mouth that defiles. And any word that is opposite of THE WORD is what The Word calls disobedient or evil. This is even expressed as important to the Children of Israel in Exodus 23:21.

Blessings

He keeps telling me to thank him for those things. I believe it all. I know who HE is and I believe all HE says. I truly do believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back