Holy Mysteries

Hello. I recently encountered this term, "Holy Mystery". I have a few questions.

1. Is it a term that's only used in the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches? Because I don't think I have heard of it here in North America.

2. What is the difference between Holy Mysteries and sacraments?

3. What is a Holy Mystery anyway?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I didn't know what they were so I did a google search and found that they are related to the rosary. There are 20 mysteries. They are prayers that are said on certain days of the week. Sorry I don't know more about them other than they are part of the Roman Catholic belief.

I didn't know what they were so I did a google search and found that they are related to the rosary. There are 20 mysteries. They are prayers that are said on certain days of the week. Sorry I don't know more about them other than they are part of the Roman Catholic belief.

Good morning, Wan;

Holy Mystery
is a term I have never used in the past or current. But Holy Mystery does equate to many sacraments that are Biblical referencing the "mysteries" of God, Christ, the Lord's Love, Baptism, the End Times...As Dave F. shared there isn't a limited number of mysteries but many that are sprinkled throughout the Old and New Testaments, many that we believers cannot understand.

I'm curious. Is it your inquisitiveness, or how would you as a Christian use this term in everyday living?

God bless you, Wan.

Thanks for the replies, my brothers in Christ.

Bob, you mentioned that you have never heard of Holy Mystery, is it because this is a term that's only used by Catholics?

Good morning, Wan;

Holy Mystery
is a term I have never used in the past or current. But Holy Mystery does equate to many sacraments that are Biblical referencing the "mysteries" of God, Christ, the Lord's Love, Baptism, the End Times...As Dave F. shared there isn't a limited number of mysteries but many that are sprinkled throughout the Old and New Testaments, many that we believers cannot understand. I'm curious. Is it your inquisitiveness, or how would you as a Christian use this term in everyday living?
God bless you, Wan.
Thanks for the replies, my brothers in Christ. Bob, you mentioned that you have never heard of Holy Mystery, is it because this is a term that's only used by Catholics?
Hello Wan;

I mentioned that I have never used the term Holy Mystery in past or current in evangelism, teaching or preaching.

With love and respect, most Catholics are laymen or nominal members led by a theocracy in their Church leadership.

Most of my life ministry has been in the Protestant Church as a disciple student and leader.

God bless you, sister.

Hello. I recently encountered this term, "Holy Mystery". I have a few questions.

1. Is it a term that's only used in the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches? Because I don't think I have heard of it here in North America.

2. What is the difference between Holy Mysteries and sacraments?

3. What is a Holy Mystery anyway?

Thanks.
Wan Holy mystery covers many things . Within the Roman Catholic Church it be the sacraments, the rosary the mystery of the church. It also be claimed that it be the Holy Spirit guiding the church in its decisions. Of what spirit really guides it leaves much to contemplate. Solar Scriptoria or the traditions of men does come to mind

Back