Homekeeping Tips

violet

Inactive
Homekeeping Tips

Our Sister Jax has given me personal inspiration to start this thread.
Afterall, she and I both have large families and alot in common, it seems~

I thought we could all add tips, advice, stories......anything to do with keeping house!

Many of us could use some help!!!

Poverbs 31

10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

Tip #1- make them all pick up thier own mess.
Give everyone there own list of chores.
Check their work and get them to bring to up to standards.

Spread alot of love!

My first tip!
PURGE!!!
Do we all realise how many things we have that we never use and are only taking up space!

Donate to Goodwill or give away to those who will appreciate your given up item and will be a treasure to them!

We don't always realize that we don't use or need half of what we have!
It only takes up space and causes clutter and takes up our time.
Our stuff owns us when we can't manage it all!

How much do we really need to fuction in homemaking?
Alot less than we think.

There is such a freedom in owning a minimun of material things.....
This is not to say we can not own pieces of artwork and beauiful things that help make a home cosy and inviting!

Remember....we can't take our stuff with us!
:)

---------------- Now playing: ELO - I need her love via FoxyTunes

I have to come the place where I love to give away or thow away things that will be clutter! My last moving experience has strongly reinforced this tendency.:p

My tip is this: There are certain jobs that children should be expected to do without moneytry reward (pocket money, allowance or whatever you guys call it), such as making their bed and keeping their rooms clean and tidy. This develops an understanding of responsibility and respect that will carry them through their lives.

Another one re Violet's purge tip: In your personal wardrobe of clothes, if you haven't worn it for 12 months, then give it away - you might think that you're going to wear it again sometime, but you won't.

My first tip!

PURGE!!!
Do we all realise how many things we have that we never use and are only taking up space!

Donate to Goodwill or give away to those who will appreciate your given up item and will be a treasure to them!

We don't always realize that we don't use or need half of what we have!
It only takes up space and causes clutter and takes up our time.
Our stuff owns us when we can't manage it all!

How much do we really need to fuction in homemaking?
Alot less than we think.

There is such a freedom in owning a minimun of material things.....
This is not to say we can not own pieces of artwork and beauiful things that help make a home cosy and inviting!

Remember....we can't take our stuff with us! :)

---------------- Now playing: ELO - I need her love via FoxyTunes

Good tips there Violet..... I especially like the one about giving stuff away. It seems like we take a lifetime to collect all this stuff and another lifetime to give it away. LOL

My tip is this: There are certain jobs that children should be expected to do without moneytry reward (pocket money, allowance or whatever you guys call it), such as making their bed and keeping their rooms clean and tidy. This develops an understanding of responsibility and respect that will carry them through their lives.
Amen!:D

Hey I found my tip today.... ... Get a self cleaning oven. All you do is push the button that says clean.... Wooo Hooo.

Now if I could only find some way to get my driveway to clean itself of the snow..... LOL

Dusty! I just got one!!!
God blessed me with a beautiful, brand new stove!
I can't wait to try that button!!! LOL!!!

Whirlwind's Housekeeping Tips
(insert fanfare here)

1. Everybody does his/her share. If you don't...adios.

2. Whoever does the laundry gets to keep whatever they find in the pockets (this helps in keeping pockets empty, he he he).

3. Do something to make your home beautiful every day. Hang a shelf, build a spice-rack, line your driveway with rocks, whatever. Lots of small things add up over a while.

4. Squeeze toothpaste into nail-holes in the walls to hide them when your parents come to visit.:eek:

Whirlwind's Housekeeping Tips
(insert fanfare here)

4. Squeeze toothpaste into nail-holes in the walls to hide them when your parents come to visit.:eek:

I guess I will have to throw away my tub of wall patch.

Good ones!!!!!

I make alot of money doing my family's laundry!!!

Hey, do you ever check your email?:(

Good ones!!!!!

I make alot of money doing my family's laundry!!!

Hey, do you ever check your email?:(

Yah Violet.... I check my email every day. In fact it comes on as soon as I turn my computer on and tells me how many I have.

I find this to be very helpful....
Especially for packrats.

Put a box in a closet.

Every day make yourself find 5 items (or more but no less) that you can part with!
When full take to the thrift store!
In my area they pick it up for me!

Back