Homeopathic Approach to Scripture

I was reading about homeopathic medicine a while back and recall something about how the more dilute a substance is the more potent it becomes. Yeah, I know - that sounds like nonsense yet I know several highly educated people who believe it, and at least one has a PhD. Of course it's always possible this is nonsense but what if it's not? After all, we're talking about something that in many ways resembles an act of faith, i.e. the notion that less of something can actually be more effective.

So I got to pondering. What would this approach look like in other arenas, for example love, politics, or even scripture? Then it hit me: one line. What is the one line that turned your heart? What is the one moment where you realized you were in love? What is the one issue that turned you toward one political ideology or another? What was the one verse that opened your heart to Jesus?

I recall the moment I fell in love. My wife, then girlfriend, was telling me how she would never marry. It broke my heart to hear her say that and it was right then I silently promise her that I would love her to my dying breath and never abandon her. Six months later she asked me to marry her and we've been happy ever since.

In the spirit of kindness I'll spare you the politics. :)

And I recall the exact moment I knew Jesus was God. It was Luke 22:39-46 (ESV)

Jesus Prays on the Mount of Olives

And he came out and went, as was his custom, to the Mount of Olives, and the disciples followed him. And when he came to the place, he said to them, “Pray that you may not enter into temptation.” And he withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and knelt down and prayed, saying, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” And there appeared to him an angel from heaven, strengthening him. And being in agony he prayed more earnestly; and his sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground. And when he rose from prayer, he came to the disciples and found them sleeping for sorrow, and he said to them, “Why are you sleeping? Rise and pray that you may not enter into temptation.

Something about Jesus telling his disciples to pray so that they not fall prey to temptation just clicked. It made sense. It all made sense. And after that nothing was the same. I read the rest of the Bible and I enjoy it, but it does not move me. I know it's horrible to say that but it's true. This one paragraph, however, moves mountains. At least for me.

That's how I see it.

So what moves you? What one line changed everything for you?

Last edited:
homeopathy? I don't know, I think the secret to homeopathy is they have to shake the substance a few times. If they don't shake it, it doesn't get activated. Something to do with the atoms splitting up into smaller pieces. It's not just the dilution.

So maybe Less is more.

John 3:16 is the memory verse every child is taught to remember but I kind of prefer 'I will never leave you nor forsake you' as that touchstone. I think only God could promise that. Though I've been very lucky/blessed so far --in terms of parents who've always been there for me. Many children can't say the same about their folks who've abandoned them or practically disowned them.

When I read the Bible, it was actually Genesis that clicked. Up to then I believed Jesus and all his miracles and everything, thought he was a superhero etc and the NT was great, amazing, but I didn't relate to how I viewed God. It was through reading the story of Adam and Eve, particularly Eve's moment of when she desired to be wise and her eyes were opened, that I understood that I was also a sinner that needed salvation.

It was through reading the story of Adam and Eve, particularly Eve's moment of when she desired to be wise and her eyes were opened, that I understood that I was also a sinner that needed salvation.
I very much like the story of Eve and the serpent. Thank you for sharing.

I was reading about homeopathic medicine a while back and recall something about how the more dilute a substance is the more potent it becomes. Yeah, I know - that sounds like nonsense yet I know several highly educated people who believe it, and at least one has a PhD. Of course it's always possible this is nonsense but what if it's not? After all, we're talking about something that in many ways resembles an act of faith, i.e. the notion that less of something can actually be more effective.

So I got to pondering. What would this approach look like in other arenas, for example love, politics, or even scripture? Then it hit me: one line. What is the one line that turned your heart? What is the one moment where you realized you were in love? What is the one issue that turned you toward one political ideology or another? What was the one verse that opened your heart to Jesus?

I recall the moment I fell in love. My wife, then girlfriend, was telling me how she would never marry. It broke my heart to hear her say that and it was right then I silently promise her that I would love her to my dying breath and never abandon her. Six months later she asked me to marry her and we've been happy ever since.

And he came out and went, as was his custom, to the Mount of Olives, and the disciples followed him. And when he came to the place, he said to them, “Pray that you may not enter into temptation.” And he withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and knelt down and prayed, saying, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” And there appeared to him an angel from heaven, strengthening him. And being in agony he prayed more earnestly; and his sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground. And when he rose from prayer, he came to the disciples and found them sleeping for sorrow, and he said to them, “Why are you sleeping? Rise and pray that you may not enter into temptation.

Something about Jesus telling his disciples to pray so that they not fall prey to temptation just clicked. It made sense. It all made sense. And after that nothing was the same. I read the rest of the Bible and I enjoy it, but it does not move me. I know it's horrible to say that but it's true. This one paragraph, however, moves mountains. At least for me.

That's how I see it.

That's how I see it.

Well..........Homeopathy is a medical system based on the belief that the body can cure itself. Those who practice it use tiny amounts of natural substances, like plants and minerals.

I do not know how that can translate to the Word of God.

Personally, many many many years ago, when I was on the edge of understanding, I was torn between making the choice of which way to go theologically.

A very wise professor who I spoke with and respected said this to me......."Son, do you think that hell is real"???

That changed my whole outlook!

I saw a picture of Jesus carrying the cross. His body was bent in two, He was bleeding. No words were needed. I was heart broken and just a child. I reached out and touched Him I wanted to help Him. From that moment I belonged to Jesus Christ.
That is beautiful. It sounds like the image of Jesus suffering awakened your love and compassion. Thank you for sharing.

I was reading about homeopathic medicine a while back and recall something about how the more dilute a substance is the more potent it becomes. Yeah, I know - that sounds like nonsense yet I know several highly educated people who believe it, and at least one has a PhD. Of course it's always possible this is nonsense but what if it's not? After all, we're talking about something that in many ways resembles an act of faith, i.e. the notion that less of something can actually be more effective. So I got to pondering. What would this approach look like in other arenas, for example love, politics, or even scripture? Then it hit me: one line. What is the one line that turned your heart? What is the one moment where you realized you were in love? What is the one issue that turned you toward one political ideology or another? What was the one verse that opened your heart to Jesus? I recall the moment I fell in love. My wife, then girlfriend, was telling me how she would never marry. It broke my heart to hear her say that and it was right then I silently promise her that I would love her to my dying breath and never abandon her. Six months later she asked me to marry her and we've been happy ever since. In the spirit of kindness I'll spare you the politics. :) And I recall the exact moment I knew Jesus was God. It was Luke 22:39-46 (ESV) Jesus Prays on the Mount of Olives And he came out and went, as was his custom, to the Mount of Olives, and the disciples followed him. And when he came to the place, he said to them, “Pray that you may not enter into temptation.” And he withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and knelt down and prayed, saying, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” And there appeared to him an angel from heaven, strengthening him. And being in agony he prayed more earnestly; and his sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground. And when he rose from prayer, he came to the disciples and found them sleeping for sorrow, and he said to them, “Why are you sleeping? Rise and pray that you may not enter into temptation.” Something about Jesus telling his disciples to pray so that they not fall prey to temptation just clicked. It made sense. It all made sense. And after that nothing was the same. I read the rest of the Bible and I enjoy it, but it does not move me. I know it's horrible to say that but it's true. This one paragraph, however, moves mountains. At least for me. That's how I see it. So what moves you? What one line changed everything for you?

Hello LearningToLetGo;

I can relate to what you shared in Homeopathic Approach to Scripture - "homeopathic medicine, act of faith and then it hit me!"

In 1990 I was 33 years old. One day I was driving and noticed I had cotton mouth and blurred eye vision. When I got home my wife had me take a pee test and my sugar was out of whack. My doctor diagnosed me with Type II diabetes. This was hard to swallow but my wife who did the test had changed her career the previous year going into the medical field. This was 33 years ago. Who knew?

I heard of homeopathic medicine back then and thought it would be a shortcut to my diabetes. Back then it was unconventional, alternative medicine but wasn't proven. Meantime my condition graduated to required insulin. I was ok taking pills daily but to give myself a jab was out of the question.

One day my doctor had a long talk with me. My blood sugar, or A1c was around 10. I don't get into the medical jargon because I didn't really care about the medical terminology. (See my attitude?) Bottom line is, my doctor was going to quit from treating me because it was obvious I wouldn't work with him.

I was a young Christian, ball player, swimmer, guitar player but was too cool to resort to insulin. (See my attitude?). Truth was I was scared to death to jab myself daily. In my thoughts I felt an escalation of despair and was bothered by those I knew who didn't give a thought to prayer and was prosperous in their health. They could eat anything, drink anything and didn't have to take a pill or shot on a daily basis. I had to.

Then one day an Elder in the Church taught Sunday School. We were studying Psalm 73 and verses 15-17 spoke to me because I felt the passage was pointing at me. I went home and re-read Psalm 73. In God's time He Spoke.

Perhaps someday homeopathic medicine would be a great alternative to my diabetic condition.
Then I understood. I was trembling and masked the truth of giving myself a jab daily. I went back and forth with two choices. Do I choose to avoid insulin for type II diabetes, or chase after the alternative medicine?

Neither. I chose God, took an act of faith, and will still love Him no matter what. I called my doctor and told him I'm ready to take insulin. He encouraged me. After I received my first bottle and syringes, my wife started giving me a shot each night until I was ready to jab myself. This was back in 2013.

Today my blood sugar or A1c has dropped significantly. I live a normal healthy life but have to do
maintenance health daily, in others words, aside from my prayer and servanthood to God, be mindful what goes in my mouth and exercise almost daily. This has allowed me to step up and focus in my called ministry then and today.

The homeopathic approach to Scripture is this - There is no "hard core approach" or "check list" to approaching the Scriptures. Scriptures are filled with wisdom, discernment, gained knowledge of God speaking to us. Therefore, God's wisdom that He gives freely to anyone who asks, has something valuable to bring in our Christian Walk with Christ.

Otherwise, I would still be searching today how to shortcut my way out of my despair instead of getting perspective and seeing from an eternal viewpoint from God.

God bless you, LearningToLetGo, and thank you for sharing this interesting but good fellowship topic.

My personal journey with homeopathies has led me to a greater understanding of the auto immune disease that plagues my flesh.
Scripture can fill my mind, however it is the holy spirit that envelopes me inside prayer when I seek the most relief.
Depression from being in constant pain from ankylosing spondylitis, plagues my mind, body, and spirit.
Through our Father in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, I find comfort in the great love He has for us.
It is the hope of heaven, and finding peace from my daily struggles that keeps me going here on earth.

The anti-inflammatory diet I have been on for over eight weeks has produced the loss of 15 pounds. It is simply a start of making better choices.
I have been trying to tolerate the consumption of moringa power every day. It tastes terrible, and I have not quite figured it out the dosage.
A tablespoon seems too much as it is very unappealing. A teaspoon on the other hand, is a much easier dose to swallow.
I dilute a smaller amount in more water with some honey, to be able to digest the product and achieve results.
Applying scripture to our lives sometimes requires smaller doses as we are unable to bear more. I find this to be my latest lesson from the Lord.
It is about quality. I practice patience. Small bites. Small prayers. Small results are still results.

Therefore, a homeopathic approach (or mindset) to scripture and healing makes sense to me. In smaller portions with greater dilution, I personally find better digestion. Peace, love, and kindness to all~

Last edited:
Applying scripture to our lives sometimes requires smaller doses as we are unable to bear more. I find this to be my latest lesson from the Lord. It is about quality. I practice patience. Small bites. Small prayers. Small results are still results. Therefore, a homeopathic approach (or mindset) to scripture and healing makes sense to me. In smaller portions with greater dilution, I personally find better digestion. Peace, love, and kindness to all~

Hello thenami;

After reading your post I was touched by your willingness to research other means to take care of your health. You mentioned moringa powder. Are the various parts of moringa consumed to help relieve pain and help lose weight?

I blue-lighted what you posted. God does do great things with small portions.

God bless you, sister, your family and thank you for sharing.

Finding homeopathic remedies that help has been a lengthy and expensive process. Turmeric for example is much better absorbed with black pepper.
Using it regularly causes my I.B.S. portion of A.S. to flare from daily pepper consumption. However, for many it reduces pain levels enough to use.
So back to the drawing board I continually go; this time it is with moringa powder which does reduce the inflammation well. The result is less pain.
It has reduced my cholesterol levels, lowered my blood sugar, and is reported to help with depression. Its a super food Im still exploring how to eat.
I have been experimenting with dosages, liquids, honey, stevia, and trying it as a "shot". Its pretty gross to me though. I mixed some in a bowl of soup,
and so far that was the easiest to swallow. It was green split pea, so the color of the powder blended well.

I think it helps control my morning appetite because its so gross I can still taste it after eating other foods, which turns off my cravings.
That might be why it helps people lose weight. Its tough stuff, and if I wasnt so desperate for relief I would give up on it.

Finding homeopathic remedies that help has been a lengthy and expensive process. Turmeric for example is much better absorbed with black pepper.
Using it regularly causes my I.B.S. portion of A.S. to flare from daily pepper consumption. However, for many it reduces pain levels enough to use.
So back to the drawing board I continually go; this time it is with moringa powder which does reduce the inflammation well. The result is less pain.
It has reduced my cholesterol levels, lowered my blood sugar, and is reported to help with depression. Its a super food Im still exploring how to eat.
I have been experimenting with dosages, liquids, honey, stevia, and trying it as a "shot". Its pretty gross to me though. I mixed some in a bowl of soup,
and so far that was the easiest to swallow. It was green split pea, so the color of the powder blended well.

I think it helps control my morning appetite because its so gross I can still taste it after eating other foods, which turns off my cravings.
That might be why it helps people lose weight. Its tough stuff, and if I wasnt so desperate for relief I would give up on it.

Hello thenami;

You mentioned that if I mix with honey to help reduce the bitterness is this ok? If so, then I can drink this stuff and add stevia to reduce the bitterness as well.

Thank you, Margo.

For example this morning I tried to make a very small shake. I took one cup of almond milk, a stevia packet, a teaspoon of honey, and a teaspoon of moringa. I blended it in my mini bullet. I was able to tolerate drinking it, and washed it down with a hot cup of tea with honey. I find the quicker I can swallow it the less I have to taste it. It actually reduces my pain levels, so I keep trying different things.

I just wanted to add I have been able to get out of the house today, enjoy walking around several stores, and have an early dinner.
It was from my anti-inflammatory foods list. The moringa I consumed brought my pain level down from a 7/8 to a 4/5.
For me the daily consumption is slowly becoming a life changer. Thank you Lord, for creating the moringa tree.

Thank you all for the prayers.

Back