How Do Christians Have Peace Through Jesus Christ—now?

Romans 5:1

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

First we have to recognize God for who He is:

Our Creator, Holy, Righteous, Just.
King of kings
Lord of lords
THE High Priest
The Source of Life, Light, Love, Truth and Power (all things Good)

He IS merciful, compassionate, longsuffering, wise.

When we have a healthy respect for our LORD, and we realize He is our Heavenly spiritual Father; when we understand He is the Great Physician and source of comfort. We come before Him in prayer with a humble and contrite heart; a sober mind.

He cleanses us daily with our confession: not just of sin, but confession of love towards Him and our longing to be with Him.

God wishes to commune with us in Spirit; then we have peace in Him.

Answer: Worship, pray, read your Bible, meditate on the Word, fast when necessary, fellowship with Bible believing Christians, seek good counsel and repeat.

Love is the key-love Him, love others; serve likewise.

John13:
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

I believe it is impossible to love by 'commandment'; it is a choice of your will. Overcome in love-find peace.

His command to love is a confirmation which can help us know He wants us to love . . . love the same way He has loved us. Now, there are ones who would say oh God does not expect us to love like Jesus does. So, in order to combat this inferiority message, Jesus would give a command so there can be no question, I consider. But if we have Jesus living in us, we could already be loving like He in us does . . . though we do not know the verses which say to do this!

"'Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.'" (John 14:27)

So, the peace we have is Jesus Christ's own peace which Jesus Himself has and enjoys on Heaven's throne, and in us shares with us . . . more and better as we grow in Jesus (Galatians 4:19). This is the harmony of His power of His love. Peace is not just a feeling, then, nor only of having sins removed from a book in Heaven. But in us we have been changed so we are with God in His own peace ruling us > "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

And the power of God's peace in us is almighty > to keep "your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus," we have in Philippians 4:6-7. "But this comes with doing what it says in the scripture to do."

We can have Heaven's own peace in us, then, by having Heaven's Jesus in our hearts.

So, how do we get this, if we have not gotten started? Know that this is the minimum our Father desires for us. He does not please to give us less than His very own, because He desires family sharing. Jesus even prayed that our Father loves us as He has loved Jesus > John 17:22-26. So, this is basic Christianity.

So, we trusted You for this, Jesus, to begin us with You in Your salvation, how first we were forgiven and brought into family sharing with You our Father and Jesus. And You change us into Your peace in Your love > "'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29) So, we have Your peace in Your soul rest, by learning from You, Jesus . . . and by obeying how Your peace rules in us.

So, after we have trusted in You, in order to get started, now we need to submit to how now You rule us in Your peace. And only You, O LORD our Father, can correct us and change us so we are submissive with You in Your peace, I consider. Every day, every moment, we need to trust You for how only You can (2 Corinthians 3:5) make us submissive to You in the ruling of Your peace.

Glory is to You, thank You for now how You do all that only You are able to do with us. Amen, in the name of Your own Son Jesus

Back