How Do I Learn?

Jesus Freak

Previously DanaCovert68
I have this tendency to wonder if people are talking about me, and whether or not I should stay on here. How do I learn to forget that, and focus on just being on here?

It's like the man said: "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean we're not talkingh about you"!
No, Beloved, just Praise the Lord and jump into the waters of discussion.

Thanks. I just on another forum used to be sooooo paranoid that everybody would tell me not to worry about what people said about me. And also to not think this way.

Sometimes we are shaped by the things we go through. It takes time to get free of the baggage that have been accumulated from being part of dysfunctional fellowships.

I have this tendency to wonder if people are talking about me, and whether or not I should stay on here. How do I learn to forget that, and focus on just being on here?

If you can't trust a Christian to not 'backbite', who can you trust? ;)

Sometimes we are shaped by the things we go through. It takes time to get free of the baggage that have been accumulated from being part of dysfunctional fellowships.

It's not a dysfunctional fellowship. It's just me trying to learn that I AM wanted here, and I know I am. And I just need to forget what the "human" opinion of me is, and focus on GOD's opinion only.

It's not a dysfunctional fellowship. It's just me trying to learn that I AM wanted here, and I know I am. And I just need to forget what the "human" opinion of me is, and focus on GOD's opinion only.
I have read several of your post, and don't see where you might have given anyone cause to be offended? Your kinda like some of those TV preachers who never offend anyone. -just a joke:)

I have read several of your post, and don't see where you might have given anyone cause to be offended? Your kinda like some of those TV preachers who never offend anyone. -just a joke:)

I try not to offend anyone. Do you have any advice to learn this?

I try not to offend anyone. Do you have any advice to learn this?
Well, I don't want to offend for the sake of offending, but I know that there is a great conflict and debate in the truth of Gods Word. I know the things I say and teach are going to offend. I expect it and have come to understand that its not "personal" in the since that its about "me" but about a search and discussion of the truth. I would continue in the threads that you have been apart of and maybe stay away from those where the debate is heated? At some point though you will have that which you know is truth, and will need to be able to defend that truth, apart from allowing those who disagree to take your peace. I hope this helps a little?:)

Well, I don't want to offend for the sake of offending, but I know that there is a great conflict and debate in the truth of Gods Word. I know the things I say and teach are going to offend. I expect it and have come to understand that its not "personal" in the since that its about "me" but about a search and discussion of the truth. I would continue in the threads that you have been apart of and maybe stay away from those where the debate is heated? At some point though you will have that which you know is truth, and will need to be able to defend that truth, apart from allowing those who disagree to take your peace. I hope this helps a little?:)

It does help a lot. You're saying to just stay away threads where I know debates are going to get heated , and just stay in the ones I know won't bring conflict.

It does help a lot. You're saying to just stay away threads where I know debates are going to get heated , and just stay in the ones I know won't bring conflict.
Yes, if your not comfortable in that "heated" debate format? And Gods peace is not with you in that sort of discussion? I would stay out of that conflict, but maybe consider what is being debated and try to learn from the discussion if you can. A lot of time I just read the understanding of others and consider what they say in relation to what I know the bible to teach. In this you will grow in a knowledge of the scriptures and hopefully in the confidence that you know and believe the truth.

I think Mitspa has lot of good advice.. Instead of liking every post separately, I am agreeing to all his posts through this message :D Laziness of Monday!

Okay, from now on I will read the title of the threads, and if I find it to be one that is getting heated, I will move on. And what I do when I see a locked thread, I read the moderators post explaining why it's closed. But won't anymore. How's that sound?

If people ARE talking about you my mate then you've clearly made them think about what you've said.

Why care about peoples thoughts on you? You seem decent enough, don't worry, be happy.

I'm not going to post anymore help threads. In one of my threads someone said to blog about my problems. And that's what I'm doing. If you want to read my blog go to livejournal.com and look up JesusFreak1982 and read and if you want to, comment. I want to hear from you guys.

The reason I am not posting any more threads asking for help is because I just feel like that's all I do. No, I'm not running away from my problems. I just said I wasn't going to a while ago, and I meant it. Please don't coax me to keep posting the help threads. Can't, and won't. Thanks for understanding. God bless you.

Back