How does God Travel?

How Does God travel?

Have you ever wondered, “how does God get around?”, you know, travel from one place to another? Romans chapter 1:20 tells us that we can learn somethings about God by looking at the things he (God) created in the beginning. If we simply look at how we were created, we get insight into how God is.

How do we get around? Since we are created in the image of God and after His likeness, there must be some kind of similarity. We have a body with two legs and two arms, and all we have to do is walk, take a few steps, and we are somewhere else. Its our body that gives us transportation from one place to another, So God must travel the same way.

Colossians 2:8, Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Colossians 2:9, For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Gods body is His Word, everything that God is in His fullness is contained in His Word which is His
Body!!! God gets around by His body, the Word, which is Jesus Christ! And who is Jesus?

Hebrews 1:1.. God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by
the prophets,
Hebrews 1:2.. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all
things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Hebrews 1:3..Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Jesus is the Glory of the Father, he is the brightness of His Glory and the express image of his person. The Word of God is his body and Glory!

Colossians 2:9.. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Colossians 2:10.. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Colossians 2:11.. In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Everything that God the Father is in His absolute Glory and splendor, everything that Jesus is and the Holy Spirit, in their majesty is contained in His Word, and we are complete in Him!!!! We are inside the Glory of God, He gave it to us. Why?

John 17:21.. That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
John 17:22.. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be
one, even as we are one:

John 17:23.. I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
John 17:24.. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I
am; that they may behold my glory,
which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the
foundation of the world.

If there was ever a time to shout for joy this is it!!! Jesus gave us His Glory so we can be one with God. We are in God and he is in us. Let me tell you right now, everything, and I mean everything we have from God, comes by His Glory! Did you notice verse 24?

I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory”,

Without that Glory we have no way to approach God, we can not get there without it, why? “For all
have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God” (Romans 3:23) God travels by His Glory, and so do we! Its kinda like the family car. Can I have the keys to the car tonight Dad? What did Jesus tell us about himself?

John 14:4.. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
John 14:5.. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
John 14:6.. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus is the only way to the Father, Jesus is the Glory of God!
In our carnal thinking we say to our self's, sure, one of these days we will come into God the Father's presence after we have died!!! Guess what? We have already died two thousands years ago with Christ on the cross!!! When the Bible says "come boldly to the throne room of grace..." (Hebrews 4:16) he is talking about now, today, not someday in the sweet bye, and bye. You can not get there in you physical body, but only by Jesus Christ who is the Glory of the Father as Jesus has "circumcised us" in putting "off" the sins of our body by the circumcision of Christ. (Col 2:11)

Psalms 43:3.. O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.
Psalms 43:4.. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the
harp will I praise thee, O God my God.

Notice: Gods truth leads us to Him (Jesus), but its the light (Glory, Jesus) that brings us to Him, and into his presence!!!

Last edited:
Back