how many of you considers yourself a feminist?

May 19, 2012
Answer to all Whoopi is right voters. Men, in general, have more strength than women, and if I hit you with all my might, you may be stunned but still standing, I am likely to be knocked out/unconscious or dead. Neither side is right in resorting to violence. Either side should walk away/run away/get safe. It's a clue that your conversation is devolved and at an end.

Reactions: Roads
?

/

Answer to all Whoopi is right voters. Men, in general, have more strength than women, and if I hit you with all my might, you may be stunned but still standing, I am likely to be knocked out/unconscious or dead. Neither side is right in resorting to violence. Either side should walk away/run away/get safe. It's a clue that your conversation is devolved and at an end.
I completely agree with this. There is absolutely no need for violence; I deplore violence. My advice also would be to run away to safety.

Reactions: Silk and Roads
Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
www.literatelibrarian.com
Turn the other cheek. If you cannot run.
Jesus could not run away when ppl flogging him.
He didnt fight back either. He just took it.
What does this show your aggressor...even if he or she slays you, vengeance is the Lords.
They can kill your body but cannot take your soul.

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
I would say in extreme cases. Best not to put yourself in a dangerous situation in the first place. I.e. Dont go to bars. Dont marry anybody who is drunk with potential to get abusive. Dont go in wolves dens. Stay away. Flee fornication.

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
In the cases of Jezebels...trying to usurp mens roles..dont be passive Ahabs. The dogs licked up her blood. Sometimes men have to stand up to women but without resorting to violence.
Although..there was Jael. Not sure what the complete story there was have to read it again.

Book recommendation..havent read it yet but if interested there is a series called bad girls of the bible. So feminism is nothing new if you mean women who want to take things into their own hands without the strength of men. men and women both need each other. We are brothers and sisters together not just brothers and brothers and sisters and sisters sitting in separate parts of the church. We all need God.

?

/

Turn the other cheek. If you cannot run.
Jesus could not run away when ppl flogging him.
He didnt fight back either. He just took it.
What does this show your aggressor...even if he or she slays you, vengeance is the Lords.
They can kill your body but cannot take your soul.
We cannot expect people to suffer what Jesus did; I would not stick around in situations like that, I would do my utmost to get out. I don't like violence...I have two black belts in karate and am pleased to say have never used it. God blesses me with the ability to talk myself out of situations and helps me avoid these situations.
Sometimes people may not know what they are getting themselves in for so they must stay strong with God the foreperson in their life and seek refuge with friends or family who can provide a safe haven.

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
No, but ppl have and will. Lots of martyrs in early church and even now in persecuted countries.
I would put on the whole armour of God so that we can stand on the evil day.

I dont know if the op ever experienced this to me a woman slapping a man in a bar is so trivial compared to what those martyrs went through. What is a christian doing in a bar anyway....

?

/

Is it truly justifiable to preach to Christians from entering bars? Some of the worlds most renounced Biblical teachers visit bars to socialize, this doesn't mean they have to consume alcohol as much as entering potential dangerous situations. I sure God created us all with the ability to recognize potentially dangerous situations in the face so we must have faith that we can avoid them.
Must must ensure Satan is thrown behind us whilst the Holy Ghost guides us to what is right.

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
In that situation you have to leave unbelievers to themselves as both at fault. If you can make peace, do it, but well you need to call God in that situation and not take sides eg female against male and vice versa. Males being violent to males and females to females is just as horrible. However reality is men are physically much stronger, like at least 10 times counting the number of ribs...a woman does not have the same capacity a man does all things being 'equal' but they just arent and delusional to think so.

One time a 10 year old boy twisted my arm and he thought it was just funny and a joke to do it. Well he damaged it and i couldnt work properly for a week. He did apologise and i forgave him but if he was a grown man he could have broken it.

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
Bible says not to keep company with drunkard, esp drunkards who profess to be brothers.
Ppl say Jesus hang out with them, I dont think so..that was just what the Pharisees accused him of. he didnt actually hang out with the real drunk ppl, he just enjoyed his food and drink, but not to excess. They just could not handle Jesus having a good time with friends..these would have been house parties, not bars as back then jewish ppl did not even have bars and dedicated sin palaces.

Jul 25, 2013
Washington, DC
By no means do I say this to ruffle any feathers, but to say "I'm a Christian" when someone asks if you are this or that, it's a bit of a crowd pleaser without answering the question.

However, most everyone (if not everyone) did go into detail and gave a sound explanation.

If someone says "I'm a Christian first" and means it, then I think he's right. One argument could be made in saying "It should be 'I'm a Christian only', not first," but some people do use Christianity and God's Word to mold into their political ideology rather than allowing their political views to be molded from Christianity.

Feb 2, 2014
American
www.abdicate.net
I believe most people say they're "Christians" because they're saying they're not Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, or whatever, like it's an inheritance or something. I see that when people say "I'm a Christian" it's more in line with "I'm of German descent." As I told my son about him saying he's going to get a haircut "actions speak louder than words."

Jul 25, 2013
Washington, DC
I believe most people say they're "Christians" because they're saying they're not Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, or whatever, like it's an inheritance or something. I see that when people say "I'm a Christian" it's more in line with "I'm of German descent." As I told my son about him saying he's going to get a haircut "actions speak louder than words."
Indeed.
I meant in response to a question of whether one is this or that. For instance: "Are you an egalitarian?" "I'm a Christian." Granted, to be a Christian isn't only the most important thing, but I can even understand how one could explain why he is or isn't an egalitarian because of his Christianity. But if the answer is to suggest a specific answer when there are different perspectives, then the question hasn't really been answered.

Although, it's possible that I'm being too hard on those who do answer that way. Maybe there really is validity in it. For instance, if someone were to ask me "Are you pro-choice?" Responding "I'm a Christian" should suggest that being pro-life is the default. Sadly, these days it isn't when it should -- I know far too many people who claim they are Christian but support abortion.

Reactions: Abdicate
Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
Er.
We are christians. Whats the big problem with saying that? That is the truth. We are related to Jesus.
Feminism is nothing.

We are all one in Christ Jesus, if we believe.
Therefore, whatever Jesus believes about women, (and men) how he treats his sisters, is what we believe. Even paul said there is no greek nor jew, no male nor female, but that we all in Christ.
So the question is irrelevant.

Many of us have responded according to what His Word says on the matter.

Dec 19, 2014
New Zealand
Er.
We are christians. Whats the big problem with saying that? That is the truth. We are related to Jesus.
Feminism is nothing.

Therefore, whatever Jesus believes about women, (and men) how he treats his sisters, is what we believe. Even paul said there is no greek nor jew, no male nor female, but that we all one in Christ.

Jul 25, 2013
Washington, DC
Er.
Feminism is nothing.

Therefore, whatever Jesus believes about women, (and men) how he treats his sisters, is what we believe. Even paul said there is no greek nor jew, no male nor female, but that we all in Christ.

Yes, we are.
I think my semi-rant went over some heads. I was raising the question as to whether or not that to give that response was to neglect the question (which it can in some cases).

"Are you a man or a woman?"
"I am a Christian."

To be a Christian, first off, is most important. However, by default, we still have to be one or the other -- man or woman. The question wasn't answered.

It doesn't matter. I was merely pointing out something I've seen a lot of, but responding "I'm a Christian" as an outside option in response isn't always wrong. If someone says "Are you pro-choice or pro-life?" Responding "I'm a Christian" ought to have the person asking say "Oh, OK -- so you're pro-life."

In asking "Are you a feminist," and responding "I'm a Christian," by today's definition, it should mean the person asking would say "Oh, so you are not a feminist."

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2009
Florida
But you do not know my wife. She uses a baseball bat!

Reactions: Silk