How much wine is not to much?

Hi. I was wandering how much wine is not to much? The following from the Bible indicates that it’s ok to have some:
Psalm 104:15 "... wine that makes glad the heart of man... "
1 Timothy 5:23 Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.

And of course there are verses that say that it’s a sin to drink much:
Ephesians 5:18 18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,

So, if it’s to make your heart glad that means that in my case I would need maybe three glasses of wine. I am around 140kg, 42 years old with a biggish build.

But the question remains how often? I would say not more than once a week. I have had more than once a week lately and hopefully I pull up and cut back. I write this because I like a bit of wine, I only drink red wine and no other alcoholic drink.
Now the above verses mention wine, not whisky, bear, etc. So does that mean we should only drink wine? I think so since strong alcoholic drinks like vodka for instance are a bit to strong therefore to easy to have to much.

Anyway, I am very much so interested in others understandings.

Thanks

Hi. I was wandering how much wine is not to much? The following from the Bible indicates that it’s ok to have some:
Psalm 104:15 "... wine that makes glad the heart of man... "
1 Timothy 5:23 Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.

And of course there are verses that say that it’s a sin to drink much:
Ephesians 5:18 18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,

So, if it’s to make your heart glad that means that in my case I would need maybe three glasses of wine. I am around 140kg, 42 years old with a biggish build.

But the question remains how often? I would say not more than once a week. I have had more than once a week lately and hopefully I pull up and cut back. I write this because I like a bit of wine, I only drink red wine and no other alcoholic drink.
Now the above verses mention wine, not whisky, bear, etc. So does that mean we should only drink wine? I think so since strong alcoholic drinks like vodka for instance are a bit to strong therefore to easy to have to much.

Anyway, I am very much so interested in others understandings.

Thanks

Now the people on this site know that I am an Old Fashioned Country Boy from the great Promised Land of Alabama.
They also know that I am a Bible believer and do my best to correctly divide and teach the Word of God.

Having said that I know some will have a problem accepting what I am about to post.

The Bible does not condemn drinking alcohol altogether, although it does condemn drinking any amount of alcohol that will cause drunkenness. Therefore, according the Bible, it is acceptable to drink wine, beer, liquor, or other alcoholic beverages, as long as they are in amounts small enough so that you don’t get drunk.

To grasp that one must understand that in Bible days, water was not what it is today. There were not Water treatment places and in most cases drinking water from a river or stream or lake meant death. So the drinking of wine was the safest way to hydrate oneself.

It is also good to remember that when Paul told Timothy to drink wine it was because Timmy had stomach problems and what Paul told him was for medicinal purposes.

I for one do not drink and I do not encourage alcohol drinking. But we must use our heads which God gave us and understand that there are people who will condemn those who have a beer on a hot day but then they will themselves take an Oxycodone for a back ache. Both are a drug and what we condemn in others maybe what we are doing, just calling it by another name.

All I am saying is that you should not feel guiltily about having a glass of wine once in awhile. However, if you have so much wine that you do not remember yesterday, THEN you certainly have broken the spirit of what the Bible says about drinking alchohol.

And of course there are verses that say that it’s a sin to drink much: So, if it’s to make your heart glad that means that in my case I would need maybe three glasses of wine.
I am around 140kg, 42 years old with a biggish build. But the question remains how often? I would say not more than once a week. I have had more than once a week lately and hopefully I pull up and cut back. I write this because I like a bit of wine, I only drink red wine and no other alcoholic drink. Now the above verses mention wine, not whisky, bear, etc. So does that mean we should only drink wine? I think so since strong alcoholic drinks like vodka for instance are a bit to strong therefore to easy to have to much. Anyway, I am very much so interested in others understandings. Thanks

Hello brother Peki;

Though we read the Scriptures regarding drinking, it's good and wise that you ask this question to get the view of others. Still, this is a decision between you and the Lord. If you have to measure how much wine you choose to drink, or not, that is also between you and the Lord. Also, it's good to ask God what He says first, not just drinking, but in all we do.

Personally, I enjoyed drinking when my wife and I were very young. Today I choose not to drink, not even a sip. Between God and myself, I always ask Him to use me physically or spiritually and don't want my mind or body altered in any way. I'm content with my choice.

Thank you for posting your thread, Peki, may God bless you and your family.

Now the people on this site know that I am an Old Fashioned Country Boy from the great Promised Land of Alabama. They also know that I am a Bible believer and do my best to correctly divide and teach the Word of God. Having said that I know some will have a problem accepting what I am about to post. The Bible does not condemn drinking alcohol altogether, although it does condemn drinking any amount of alcohol that will cause drunkenness. Therefore, according the Bible, it is acceptable to drink wine, beer, liquor, or other alcoholic beverages, as long as they are in amounts small enough so that you don’t get drunk. I for one do not drink and I do not encourage alcohol drinking. But we must use our heads which God gave us and understand that there are people who will condemn those who have a beer on a hot day but then they will themselves take an Oxycodone for a back ache. Both are a drug and what we condemn in others maybe what we are doing, just calling it by another name. All I am saying is that you should not feel guiltily about having a glass of wine once in awhile. However, if you have so much wine that you do not remember yesterday, THEN you certainly have broken the spirit of what the Bible says about drinking alchohol.

Hello Major;

I get it, brother, and agree with your view based on our study and teaching of the Word. As Pastors we both may have experienced when a church member at a social gathering (wedding for example,) may have a glass of wine, or a beer while watching a sporting event. We should not condemn, but only condemn, refute, rebuke those when we can discern they become "drunk, or high".

Years ago before I became a Pastor our church went on a leader's retreat and on the way stopped by a restaurant to get a bite. Well, two sisters went to the bar and ordered a margarita. It seemed harmless, the sisters didn't get drunk, but our Pastor was disturbed and confided this to me. The point was the example they may have set for the rest of the leaders. But I told him his example was more important for the leaders to see as well, for my Pastor did not condemn the sisters in front of the others, instead he and the rest of the leaders prayed for them.

Regarding being an old fashioned country boy from Alabama, I'm assuming they had moon shine in your part of the country? lol!

God bless you, my brother.

Interesting topic and for sure a personal choice. It is true that the Bible only warns against drinking to the point of debauchery. Otherwise, it does not appear that there is a Biblical issue with the consumption of wine (I do not recall been or whisky being mentioned). If memory serves, this was Jesus' first miracle "What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him" John 2:11, NIV.

There are two versions of me. The first me pretty much consumed every type of alcoholic beverage made by man. The new me does not drink much, but does on occasion. There is scientific literature that indicates the drinking of wine, red, has positive impacts on your digestive system. The funny thing about both the old me, and the new me, as that neither of us really liked/likes the taste of alcohol. So, when I do have a glass of wine it is mostly for medicinal purposes.

When you get down to it, a great many of our Biblical prohibitions are based on good medical reason. Drinking wine, not a bad thing. Getting drunk not a good thing and the debauchery that usually follows can really be a bad thing. Being a retired cop, many of my friends were/are alcoholics. There is nothing good about that and it even caused the premature death of my oldest friend.

PS: My father-in-law use to make his own moonshine. I drank it once and can't understand why someone would do that twice. When I was stationed in Germany, back in 1980, I drank something they called Ratzeputz. I recalled that you had to set it on fire first and was told that was to burn off some of the alcohol. It has been almost 40 years and I can still taste it. This has to be the most vile substance on the planet.

rtm

Well i would say too much wine is when you want another glass.
I’ve had my fair share of alcohol
in my youth and I know how easy it is to want another, then another...
Now I may have one and when I feel I need another I know I have had enough .
I hope you find out peki🙏

I don't drink much. My wife does not drink beyond tasting or having a small glass. We have several bottles of wine in our basement that have been there for years without being touched.

When traveled on business, I used to have a beer from time to time to help me get to sleep in unfamiliar locations.

A support group for ostomates with whom I was associated used to go to a local bar for "Adult Beverages" about once a month.

Biblically, wine was used for both social celebrations and for spiritual purposes. The meal intended to be the Lord's Supper was so debased by the manner the practices of the Church in Corinth that Paul would not even call it the Lord's Supper (1 Cor 11:20-22). Many 'dry' denominations contend that what was termed wine in the New Testament was really unfermented grape-juice. If so, the description of drunkenness in 1 Cor 11:21 seems strange.

In moderate quantities, alcohol is a relaxant and can help different people to relate positively, but..
One should never be out of whatever control the situation requires (If I am driving, I need to be much more circumspect than if I am not). I should never have to stagger when I walk. Even beyond safety, many drinkers will do or say things while drinking that they later regret.

I don't drink much. My wife does not drink beyond tasting or having a small glass. We have several bottles of wine in our basement that have been there for years without being touched.

When traveled on business, I used to have a beer from time to time to help me get to sleep in unfamiliar locations.

A support group for ostomates with whom I was associated used to go to a local bar for "Adult Beverages" about once a month.

Biblically, wine was used for both social celebrations and for spiritual purposes. The meal intended to be the Lord's Supper was so debased by the manner the practices of the Church in Corinth that Paul would not even call it the Lord's Supper (1 Cor 11:20-22). Many 'dry' denominations contend that what was termed wine in the New Testament was really unfermented grape-juice. If so, the description of drunkenness in 1 Cor 11:21 seems strange.

In moderate quantities, alcohol is a relaxant and can help different people to relate positively, but..
One should never be out of whatever control the situation requires (If I am driving, I need to be much more circumspect than if I am not). I should never have to stagger when I walk. Even beyond safety, many drinkers will do or say things while drinking that they later regret.
We all have rules. As a retired police officer, I do not leave the house without a gun. Because of this, I NEVER have a drop of alcohol outside the house. Not that I would get drunk, but want to avoid even the smell of alcohol.

We have all kinds of alcohol in the house. I believe some of it, aside from the wine, is years old. I occasionally have coconut rum mixed with pineapple juice, mostly because I put so little rum in it that I cannot taste it. To be honest with you, I can't even remember the last time I did that.

Alcohol can be the root of much evil and damage. I previously mentioned a friend who died as an alcoholic. The poor guy was what they call a maintenance drinker. If he was awake, he would consume around once ounce of alcohol an hour. This causes the body to burn the alcohol as a sugar. He did not get drunk, but the small amount of alcohol kept him from withdrawals.

I finally gave up on him and ended a 50 year friendship. It also cost him his wife and, two years ago, his life.

rtm

One glass.
I think there is a legal limit and if you go over you are actually not allowed to drive. But I don't know what that exactly is, they have a breathalyser thing where it can tell if you are. It's because it goes into your blood. That is why pregnant women are advised not to drink, as it crosses over the blood into their baby and their baby could be affected, and get FAS - fetal alchohol syndrome, and that delays their development.

Its not to say it won't affect men too, but when you are drunk or intoxicated you lose control of your senses, you can't walk straight, you say stupid things, you might cross over the line in your car and kill someone, and for some reason people just get violent or easily offended when they are drunk. You also can vomit, which isn't really nice! But its just your body reacting to what it knows is poison. A lot of people pass out when they drink too much. Not great for a baby!!!

Too much and you can die. But the the thing is people build up some tolerance, and then keep drinking regularly, or bingeing, and over time, their liver becomes corroded and pickled.

the main reason people drink is cos it makes them forget stuff. Thats why people often can't even remember what happened the night before if they've been drinking, they have a hangover. It can be a pain reliever, but it's a dangerous one.

I worked in a wine bottling plant once (doing the garden!) and I would hear the clink clink of the bottles as they got filed with wine as big tanker trucks would come in to get bottled. We were never given any wine to taste or drink there.
All the vineyards had disappeared and grapes were now being grown on vineyards in other parts of the country. All that was left was an ornamental grapevine that we had to prune, some oak trees, and two cameliia trees.

I always thought it a shame that this huge award winning vineyard bottled all this old fermented wine for export and never bottled any fresh grape juice which is delicious. Churches really need to support vineyards to have alcohol free wine IMHO.

Wine is just grape juice. Old wine is alcoholic i.e grapes have gone rotten.
Some of the vintners have huge estates but their wines only ever get bought by very wealthy people. And they can be very snobby about wine!

Hello brother Peki;

Though we read the Scriptures regarding drinking, it's good and wise that you ask this question to get the view of others. Still, this is a decision between you and the Lord. If you have to measure how much wine you choose to drink, or not, that is also between you and the Lord. Also, it's good to ask God what He says first, not just drinking, but in all we do.

Personally, I enjoyed drinking when my wife and I were very young. Today I choose not to drink, not even a sip. Between God and myself, I always ask Him to use me physically or spiritually and don't want my mind or body altered in any way. I'm content with my choice.

Thank you for posting your thread, Peki, may God bless you and your family.

Hello Major;

I get it, brother, and agree with your view based on our study and teaching of the Word. As Pastors we both may have experienced when a church member at a social gathering (wedding for example,) may have a glass of wine, or a beer while watching a sporting event. We should not condemn, but only condemn, refute, rebuke those when we can discern they become "drunk, or high".

Years ago before I became a Pastor our church went on a leader's retreat and on the way stopped by a restaurant to get a bite. Well, two sisters went to the bar and ordered a margarita. It seemed harmless, the sisters didn't get drunk, but our Pastor was disturbed and confided this to me. The point was the example they may have set for the rest of the leaders. But I told him his example was more important for the leaders to see as well, for my Pastor did not condemn the sisters in front of the others, instead he and the rest of the leaders prayed for them.

Regarding being an old fashioned country boy from Alabama, I'm assuming they had moon shine in your part of the country? lol!

God bless you, my brother.

Actually..........my Uncle lived in Hartselle Al which was a dry county. He lived there all of his life and died in 1970 at 102. My father went to see him regularly and would take him to Decatur Al. and fill up his trunk with alcohol. When I got old enough to know better, I used to kid my dad that he was a "Rum Runner".

The answer for each of us lies with God, through his holy scriptures, the Holy Spirit, and the examples that Jesus has given us to follow.

While a few drinks may not have any negative impact on us individually... there are other things to consider.

How do our actions impact others?

Will our drink cause any kind of negative reaction from someone else? Maybe upsetting a spouse, child, parent, friend, co-worker, etc??

Could it possibly be a "stumbling block" for someone else who maybe has problems with drinking? Or maybe had emotional challenges about it due to past experiences with an abusive parent/spouse? Or other traumatic event, such as losing a loved one due to alcohol, drunken driver, etc? Any drinking we may do should not cause pain for others. We should be sensitive to that.

If that occasional drink ever becomes as a "temptation" to us... then it's clearly something the Holy Spirit is telling us not to do. We should listen.

Is it influencing our children/grandchildren - by temptation/example/opportunity/etc.?

As christians, we represent Christ. As such, there are ALWAYS people watching us... as bobinfaith mentioned... It may be that if/when other see us have a drink, they may then view us as hypocrites! And at that point it's a problem. Not theirs, but ours. How can we witness to others effectively if we have given them reason, or excuse, to think that we are pretending/insincere/lack integrity, or just plain "wrong"??

We are to be salt and light... (btw- a study of "salt & light" is very interesting). We are to set a proper example... even if we are not doing anything wrong--- if it can even be perceived as being wrong, then we have a problem :(

Romans chapter 14
13 Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother. 14 I know and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself, but it is unclean for anyone who thinks it unclean. 15 For if your brother is grieved by what you eat, you are no longer walking in love. By what you eat, do not destroy the one for whom Christ died. 16 So do not let what you regard as good be spoken of as evil. 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. 19 So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding. 20 Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats. 21 It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble. 22 The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.
[Romans 14:13-23 ESV]
--------------------------

10 Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling.
[1 John 2:10 ESV]
----------------------------

Apparently,.... we can "sin against our brothers"....

12 Thus, sinning against your brothers and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ.
[1 Corinthians 8:12 ESV]
---------------------------

4 But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. 5 For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. 6 So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, are drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation.
[1 Thessalonians 5:4-8 ESV]

One glass.
I think there is a legal limit and if you go over you are actually not allowed to drive. But I don't know what that exactly is, they have a breathalyser thing where it can tell if you are. It's because it goes into your blood. That is why pregnant women are advised not to drink, as it crosses over the blood into their baby and their baby could be affected, and get FAS - fetal alchohol syndrome, and that delays their development.

Its not to say it won't affect men too, but when you are drunk or intoxicated you lose control of your senses, you can't walk straight, you say stupid things, you might cross over the line in your car and kill someone, and for some reason people just get violent or easily offended when they are drunk. You also can vomit, which isn't really nice! But its just your body reacting to what it knows is poison. A lot of people pass out when they drink too much. Not great for a baby!!!

Too much and you can die. But the the thing is people build up some tolerance, and then keep drinking regularly, or bingeing, and over time, their liver becomes corroded and pickled.

the main reason people drink is cos it makes them forget stuff. Thats why people often can't even remember what happened the night before if they've been drinking, they have a hangover. It can be a pain reliever, but it's a dangerous one.
You are talking about the blood/alcohol level. Here in the US, it's .08%. This level is impacted by a person's weight and stomach content at the time. In your neck of the woods its 250 micrograms (mcg) of alcohol per litre of breath and the blood alcohol limit is 50 milligrams (mg) per 100 millilitres (ml) of blood (I have no idea what that actually means).

Back in my youth, I was what they call a "happy drunk." I do know many people who were not and just got mean and ugly under the influence.

rtm

You are talking about the blood/alcohol level. Here in the US, it's .08%. This level is impacted by a person's weight and stomach content at the time. In your neck of the woods its 250 micrograms (mcg) of alcohol per litre of breath and the blood alcohol limit is 50 milligrams (mg) per 100 millilitres (ml) of blood (I have no idea what that actually means).

Back in my youth, I was what they call a "happy drunk." I do know many people who were not and just got mean and ugly under the influence.

rtm
No I don't really know what the measurement means either but I think one glass is enough for anyone.

I don't recall being drunk too many times in my youth, whether I was happy or mean and ugly. All I know is it made me feel really sick, and hangover the next morning is like you can't even do anything normal. It would be scary to drive a car under the influence if you can't even get out of bed or walk or make breakfast.
I don't really know what the appeal is. There is a youth drinking culture in nz, but it's a stupid one. Basically it's to see how much you can handle and to laugh at other people who are drunk before you get drunk too.

I am sure most people are able to have a good time without being drunk. However that is mostly beer and spirits, young people don't usually drink wine. Wine seems to be for the snobbier, more cultured set, but some people who drink it just call it 'plonk'.

The answer for each of us lies with God, through his holy scriptures, the Holy Spirit, and the examples that Jesus has given us to follow.

While a few drinks may not have any negative impact on us individually... there are other things to consider.

How do our actions impact others?

Will our drink cause any kind of negative reaction from someone else? Maybe upsetting a spouse, child, parent, friend, co-worker, etc??

Could it possibly be a "stumbling block" for someone else who maybe has problems with drinking? Or maybe had emotional challenges about it due to past experiences with an abusive parent/spouse? Or other traumatic event, such as losing a loved one due to alcohol, drunken driver, etc? Any drinking we may do should not cause pain for others. We should be sensitive to that.

If that occasional drink ever becomes as a "temptation" to us... then it's clearly something the Holy Spirit is telling us not to do. We should listen.

Is it influencing our children/grandchildren - by temptation/example/opportunity/etc.?

As christians, we represent Christ. As such, there are ALWAYS people watching us... as bobinfaith mentioned... It may be that if/when other see us have a drink, they may then view us as hypocrites! And at that point it's a problem. Not theirs, but ours. How can we witness to others effectively if we have given them reason, or excuse, to think that we are pretending/insincere/lack integrity, or just plain "wrong"??

We are to be salt and light... (btw- a study of "salt & light" is very interesting). We are to set a proper example... even if we are not doing anything wrong--- if it can even be perceived as being wrong, then we have a problem :(

Romans chapter 14
13 Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother. 14 I know and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself, but it is unclean for anyone who thinks it unclean. 15 For if your brother is grieved by what you eat, you are no longer walking in love. By what you eat, do not destroy the one for whom Christ died. 16 So do not let what you regard as good be spoken of as evil. 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. 19 So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding. 20 Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats. 21 It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble. 22 The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.
[Romans 14:13-23 ESV]
--------------------------

10 Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling.
[1 John 2:10 ESV]
----------------------------

Apparently,.... we can "sin against our brothers"....

12 Thus, sinning against your brothers and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ.
[1 Corinthians 8:12 ESV]
---------------------------

4 But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. 5 For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. 6 So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, are drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation.
[1 Thessalonians 5:4-8 ESV]

Agreed. Alcohol is what is called a "Doorway Drug".

It opens the door to an altered consciousness and when that feeling (High/Drunk) stabilizes or diminishes, the individual then seeks out the next step.....
Marijuana, then
Cocaine,
then Heroine and then all that is usually followed by death with an overdose.

I worked in a wine bottling plant once (doing the garden!) and I would hear the clink clink of the bottles as they got filed with wine as big tanker trucks would come in to get bottled. We were never given any wine to taste or drink there.
All the vineyards had disappeared and grapes were now being grown on vineyards in other parts of the country. All that was left was an ornamental grapevine that we had to prune, some oak trees, and two cameliia trees.

I always thought it a shame that this huge award winning vineyard bottled all this old fermented wine for export and never bottled any fresh grape juice which is delicious. Churches really need to support vineyards to have alcohol free wine IMHO.

Wine is just grape juice. Old wine is alcoholic i.e grapes have gone rotten.
Some of the vintners have huge estates but their wines only ever get bought by very wealthy people. And they can be very snobby about wine!

" Churches really need to support vineyards to have alcohol free wine IMHO."

Isn't that Grape Juice?????

" Churches really need to support vineyards to have alcohol free wine IMHO."

Isn't that Grape Juice?????
yep
Wine is made from grapes. its just become associated with alcohol cos it goes bad.
I mean 'rice wine' isn't really wine it's just rancid rice.
In the bible, new wine is grape juice, old wine, is when it's gotten old i.e fermented.
Kind of like yoghurt is really just old milk.

Seems a bit silly to have alcohol removed wine when you could just have the real thing that never had alcohol to begin with anyway

Yes I have. Type 2 diabetic and my wife watches our diet like a hawk in the chicken pen.
According to a 2018 study, although notably there are no official recommendations around these benefits, drinking red wine in moderation has positive links with:

Abstract​

Health benefits of moderate wine consumption have been studied during the past decades, first in observational studies and more recently, in experimental settings and randomized controlled studies. Suggested biological pathways include antioxidant, lipid regulating, and anti-inflammatory effects. Both the alcoholic and polyphenolic components of wine are believed to contribute to these beneficial effects. Although several of these studies demonstrated protective associations between moderate drinking and cardiovascular disease, atherosclerosis, hypertension, certain types of cancer, type 2 diabetes, neurological disorders, and the metabolic syndrome, no conclusive recommendations exist regarding moderate wine consumption. Yet, it is suggested that the physician and patient should discuss alcohol use. In the CASCADE (CArdiovaSCulAr Diabetes & Ethanol) trial, 224 abstainers with type 2 diabetes were randomized to consume red wine, white wine or mineral water for two years. Here, we summarize our previous findings, offer new evidence concerning the differential effects of wine consumption among men and women, and further suggest that initiating moderate alcohol consumption among well-controlled persons with type 2 diabetes is apparently safe, in regard to changes in heart rate variability and carotid plaque formation.

yep
Wine is made from grapes. its just become associated with alcohol cos it goes bad.
I mean 'rice wine' isn't really wine it's just rancid rice.
In the bible, new wine is grape juice, old wine, is when it's gotten old i.e fermented.
Kind of like yoghurt is really just old milk.

Seems a bit silly to have alcohol removed wine when you could just have the real thing that never had alcohol to begin with anyway
Actually Lanolin, wine is made from numerous fruits.

Blackberries . . . . . . . . . .
Elderberries . . . . . . . . .
Gooseberries. . . . . . . . .
Peaches . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Pears . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Persimmons . . . . . . . . .
Pineapple . . . . . . . . . . . .
Plums . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Raspberries . . . . . . . . . .
Strawberries . . . . . . . . . .
Watermelon (Centers) . .

This is a winery the wife and I go to a coupe of time a year. If it grows, they make a win with it. But, to be honest with you, aside from the peach and pineapple wines, the rest are pretty gross.

The area is very relaxing. It is a series of water falls, a large play ground for kids, and a restaurant inside.

schnebly-redlands-winery-paradise.jpg

Back