How to backup Outlook Express email folders and settings

undoo

Inactive
How to backup Outlook Express email folders and settings

I want to reinstall Windows Xp soon, as I got a virus and after cleaning the computer doesn't work as smooth as before. I gives some strange erros and sometimes it justs hangs up... I want to backup Outlook Express emails and settings before reinstall, and restore afterwards. Any help?

Very little technical assistance is available here in the CFS forum. However, it sounds as if your anti-virus software is not up to date and your firewall may not be either.

ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU GET HERE FROM MEMBERS IS A 'PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK' SITUATION. It may be much better for you to contact a PC restoration company locally rather than relying on suggestions or partial procedures that you may receive in a forum, that may leave you worse off than before.

The CFS staff will not be held liable for any recommendations that you receive from members, either good or bad.

Posted on behalf of the Moderator Team.

You can find the outlook.pst file hidden in your user folder. That location will be very different depending on the version of Windows you are using, and the general way it was configured. You CAN reimport it back into Outlook Express, but if your computer had a virus, you are very, very likely to reimport the virus along with the emails. If there is nothing vital, I'd recommend leaving it alone.

Back