How to change your mindset

Hi,
So I am still currently in a job that drains my soul. I have been trying to leave but no luck yet so I figured I can't change the job so how do I change the mindset?

I do not like feeling sad and dreary

I try to listen to my favorite pastors on Youtube, watch funny videos, I pray. Nothing seems to help the feeling of despair. I hate the feeling but I can't seem to shake it.

Hi,
So I am still currently in a job that drains my soul. I have been trying to leave but no luck yet so I figured I can't change the job so how do I change the mindset?

I do not like feeling sad and dreary

I try to listen to my favorite pastors on Youtube, watch funny videos, I pray. Nothing seems to help the feeling of despair. I hate the feeling but I can't seem to shake it.
Phoenix111,

Well, I could say: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters," Colossians 3:23 (NIV), but not sure that helps as much as it should.

If I may ask, what is it about your job that drains you soul?

I've had four serious jobs in my life and they lasted 25 years, 13 years, 4 years, and I am into my 2nd month of job #4. Aside from job #3 leaving a bad taste in my mouth, I have enjoyed all of them.

I work in downtown Miami, FL. If you've not been here, Miami, FL is a place where homeless people starve within walking distance from multi-million dollar houses. The line between the haves and have nots is pretty visible. While I try to help all those I can, there are just too many. I do know that there but for the grace of God, go I. No matter how bad it is, there is always someone standing right behind you having a harder time. Yes, this does not always mean much, when you wake up not looking forward to going to work in a place you do not want to spend any time at; but , there are those that would probably fight you for your job.

I do not know anything about your circumstances, don't even know your gender. I would guess you might be from Phoenix, but that would be too obvious. Let God do His thing and He will. The end of job #3 changed my life. I, who had turned my back on God for so many years, asked for so much and He heard everything and did everything. He not only gave me what I asked for, but gave me thinks I did not know I wanted. Now all I ask for is peace and tranquility and He is still listening.

He did it again yesterday. For weeks I have been meaning to buy some Christian music CDs to listed to in the car, as I drive to and from my office. I searched every station on my radio, both FM and AM, and found nothing. I was thinking about it yesterday and then realized I was listening to Christian music on the radio. Apparently, as I was turning the corner, my thumb hit the "search" button on the steering wheel and the search stopped at 90.9. What what is 90.9? . . . . . . . . . . wait for it . . . . .. . "WLFE is a radio station broadcasting a Contemporary Christian format. Licensed to Cutler Bay, Florida" Oh yes, for the record, I work in Miami, FL, but I live in Cutler Bay, FL. Go figure.

As I am sure you already do, wake up every morning and thank Him for that gift. At night, thank Him for the day that is about to pass. In between, find pleasure in the fact that you have a job and that every morning is a new page yet to be written on. Every day could be the beginning of the best day of your life. As Gloria Estefan likes to say "There's always tomorrow..."

Anyway, I hope God smiles on you sooner rather than later, but I know He will in His own time. In the mean while, I and your CF family are here 24/7.

rtm3039

Phoenix111,

Well, I could say: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters," Colossians 3:23 (NIV), but not sure that helps as much as it should.

If I may ask, what is it about your job that drains you soul?

I've had four serious jobs in my life and they lasted 25 years, 13 years, 4 years, and I am into my 2nd month of job #4. Aside from job #3 leaving a bad taste in my mouth, I have enjoyed all of them.

I work in downtown Miami, FL. If you've not been here, Miami, FL is a place where homeless people starve within walking distance from multi-million dollar houses. The line between the haves and have nots is pretty visible. While I try to help all those I can, there are just too many. I do know that there but for the grace of God, go I. No matter how bad it is, there is always someone standing right behind you having a harder time. Yes, this does not always mean much, when you wake up not looking forward to going to work in a place you do not want to spend any time at; but , there are those that would probably fight you for your job.

I do not know anything about your circumstances, don't even know your gender. I would guess you might be from Phoenix, but that would be too obvious. Let God do His thing and He will. The end of job #3 changed my life. I, who had turned my back on God for so many years, asked for so much and He heard everything and did everything. He not only gave me what I asked for, but gave me thinks I did not know I wanted. Now all I ask for is peace and tranquility and He is still listening.

He did it again yesterday. For weeks I have been meaning to buy some Christian music CDs to listed to in the car, as I drive to and from my office. I searched every station on my radio, both FM and AM, and found nothing. I was thinking about it yesterday and then realized I was listening to Christian music on the radio. Apparently, as I was turning the corner, my thumb hit the "search" button on the steering wheel and the search stopped at 90.9. What what is 90.9? . . . . . . . . . . wait for it . . . . .. . "WLFE is a radio station broadcasting a Contemporary Christian format. Licensed to Cutler Bay, Florida" Oh yes, for the record, I work in Miami, FL, but I live in Cutler Bay, FL. Go figure.

As I am sure you already do, wake up every morning and thank Him for that gift. At night, thank Him for the day that is about to pass. In between, find pleasure in the fact that you have a job and that every morning is a new page yet to be written on. Every day could be the beginning of the best day of your life. As Gloria Estefan likes to say "There's always tomorrow..."

Anyway, I hope God smiles on you sooner rather than later, but I know He will in His own time. In the mean while, I and your CF family are here 24/7.

rtm3039
Thank you so much!
I feel it is not where I am meant to be. And so every morning I wake up I feel like I am disappointing God. I want to serve the public. My fellow colleagues serve themselves. Our values just dont mesh well. Because of that i feel my purpose is not being fulfilled and so I feel as if I am wasting my days.
God has actually found me a way out.To do something I have dreamt of doing. Actually...I got into a school to pursue an area I've always wanted to. However it cost a lot of money and so I can't afford it. I have prayed about it. It seems silly for God to bless me with such an opportunity and then keep it at bay. And so I am hoping for a huge miracle. But I dont know what is going to happen. I have a few more months to decide if I want to take the opportunity. So I am feeling a little discouraged as my dream is so close...yet so far...

That's a very difficult situation. So many people are going through it. You are not alone in this experience. Please allow me to assure you that God will do for us what we can't do for ourselves. He will give you what you need in your situation. If you need wisdom to know how to handle it, He will give it to you. If you need patience and the power to endure, He will supply it. If you need insight as to how things can improve as much as it is up to you, then He will show you and cause you to do it. If you need to rest and not worry, He will make sure you do. If you need to leave, He will arrange it. When we have the Spirit within us, He is all we need. If you need to pray about something, He will ensure that you do. He will cause you to pray. Usually all that He does happens naturally and doesn't appear to be Him, but it is.

He loves you and feels compassion for you about your pain. He will be the answer. Some of that He is giving you through our answers. Other things happening in your life will add up to what you need. He is already at work in your situation and has not forsaken you and never will. "Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" Jesus said. He will make sure you do this by His indwelling presence. That's what His Spirit, the Helper, is for. Would it help you to commune with Him within you? Perhaps if you speak to Him in your heart and fellowship with Him there, you will not feel alone in your difficulties. It has always helped me.

As for your soul, He will be life and nurture and healing for any wound that may be there. This is His commitment to you because He is your God, and His greatest joy. We do not need to bring it about. It is His work within us. Our life is not found in what we do, or anything external. We do have needs and He understands this, and is at work in our lives to provide what He knows is good for us. This may not always happen when we think it should, but He is wise and sees the future when we can't. He will lead us as our Good Shepherd through what gives us inner growth, but never beyond what we can bear. The things you are already doing that you mentioned are all helping in their own way. You want His help so He has surely been giving it. They may not be all the answer but are part of it. Other answers will come and all the parts of His help will fit together like a jigsaw and help you daily. He really is trustworthy and it's what He does for all His children. God bless.

Thank you so much!
I feel it is not where I am meant to be. And so every morning I wake up I feel like I am disappointing God. I want to serve the public. My fellow colleagues serve themselves. Our values just dont mesh well. Because of that i feel my purpose is not being fulfilled and so I feel as if I am wasting my days.
God has actually found me a way out.To do something I have dreamt of doing. Actually...I got into a school to pursue an area I've always wanted to. However it cost a lot of money and so I can't afford it. I have prayed about it. It seems silly for God to bless me with such an opportunity and then keep it at bay. And so I am hoping for a huge miracle. But I dont know what is going to happen. I have a few more months to decide if I want to take the opportunity. So I am feeling a little discouraged as my dream is so close...yet so far...
The fact that you think the way you do, and your obvious faith, is evidence (in my eyes) that God is everything except disappointed in you.

I too spend quite a bit of time looking for my purpose. I am still waiting, but I am comforted in the fact that I am a work in progress.

Sometimes you just have to jump. I joined the military, at 18, just to get a couple of years of experience in what I wanted to do "on the outside." That three years turned into 25 and not one bad day.

Just remember that everything requires some sacrifice on our part. Maybe the opportunity God has given you is just that - an opportunity. You might have to do your part - take it.

rtm3039

Thank you so much!
Let me put is another way. Say you are in a burning building and you ask God to save you. He might point you to an open door, but you will still need to get yourself out of the building.

Finance is often a difficult area. If you still have a few months to decide that's great. If the money becomes available during that time and other things seems favourable, you have your answer. If you want God to lead you, He will be doing that. Committing our way to the Lord ensures His leading. Following Him is not complicated. He will ensure you make the right decisions and carry them through. Are there any wise people you can ask about it? Good council is always a good idea. Are there any ways you can raise the money? Anything you have that you can sell? Anyone trustworthy you can borrow from, given the financial constraints of being a student re future repayments? Any government grant or other type of assistance? Why not explore the possibilities, being prayerful but trusting., and see what unfolds? "God's will be done" is a good prayer and mindset. It covers all bases and leaves us content no matter what happens. All the best.

That's a very difficult situation. So many people are going through it. You are not alone in this experience. Please allow me to assure you that God will do for us what we can't do for ourselves. He will give you what you need in your situation. If you need wisdom to know how to handle it, He will give it to you. If you need patience and the power to endure, He will supply it. If you need insight as to how things can improve as much as it is up to you, then He will show you and cause you to do it. If you need to rest and not worry, He will make sure you do. If you need to leave, He will arrange it. When we have the Spirit within us, He is all we need. If you need to pray about something, He will ensure that you do. He will cause you to pray. Usually all that He does happens naturally and doesn't appear to be Him, but it is.

He loves you and feels compassion for you about your pain. He will be the answer. Some of that He is giving you through our answers. Other things happening in your life will add up to what you need. He is already at work in your situation and has not forsaken you and never will. "Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" Jesus said. He will make sure you do this by His indwelling presence. That's what His Spirit, the Helper, is for. Would it help you to commune with Him within you? Perhaps if you speak to Him in your heart and fellowship with Him there, you will not feel alone in your difficulties. It has always helped me.

As for your soul, He will be life and nurture and healing for any wound that may be there. This is His commitment to you because He is your God, and His greatest joy. We do not need to bring it about. It is His work within us. Our life is not found in what we do, or anything external. We do have needs and He understands this, and is at work in our lives to provide what He knows is good for us. This may not always happen when we think it should, but He is wise and sees the future when we can't. He will lead us as our Good Shepherd through what gives us inner growth, but never beyond what we can bear. The things you are already doing that you mentioned are all helping in their own way. You want His help so He has surely been giving it. They may not be all the answer but are part of it. Other answers will come and all the parts of His help will fit together like a jigsaw and help you daily. He really is trustworthy and it's what He does for all His children. God bless.
Thank you so much! So beautifully said! Thank you for such amazing words of encouragement!

The fact that you think the way you do, and your obvious faith, is evidence (in my eyes) that God is everything except disappointed in you.

I too spend quite a bit of time looking for my purpose. I am still waiting, but I am comforted in the fact that I am a work in progress.

Sometimes you just have to jump. I joined the military, at 18, just to get a couple of years of experience in what I wanted to do "on the outside." That three years turned into 25 and not one bad day.

Just remember that everything requires some sacrifice on our part. Maybe the opportunity God has given you is just that - an opportunity. You might have to do your part - take it.

rtm3039

That is true. Sometimes we do have to jump.It is so scary to jump. It scares me just thinking about it

Finance is often a difficult area. If you still have a few months to decide that's great. If the money becomes available during that time and other things seems favourable, you have your answer. If you want God to lead you, He will be doing that. Committing our way to the Lord ensures His leading. Following Him is not complicated. He will ensure you make the right decisions and carry them through. Are there any wise people you can ask about it? Good council is always a good idea. Are there any ways you can raise the money? Anything you have that you can sell? Anyone trustworthy you can borrow from, given the financial constraints of being a student re future repayments? Any government grant or other type of assistance? Why not explore the possibilities, being prayerful but trusting., and see what unfolds? "God's will be done" is a good prayer and mindset. It covers all bases and leaves us content no matter what happens. All the best.

I have asked everywhere possible about scholarships and loans. So far...nothing. It will really take a miracle. I speak regularly with a friend of mine who keeps saying God has gotten me this far and he will work it out but...this just looks like a big ask. Ofcourse I know he can work it out but it seems like it's a big thing. I probably dont even deserve it

How to change your mindset
How to change one's mindset?

This just a suggestion.
Am thankful God has given a job that I like.

And of course there comes from time to time some moment of boredom: proposed solution: CREATE.

Say, it takes 10 minutes to find that document, I challenge things to make it less than a minute to find it.

It gives me a sense of fulfillment.

The details of it: there is this paper document that have computer generated number in it, and after a transaction it will be put in a carton box, so it files up overtime.

And from time to time, that document is needed, so that guy will look on that document in stacks of paper, browsing each paper one by one.

Solution: before putting it in the box, put a number on it, no. 1,2, and so on, then input the system generated number in EXCEL.
So, if one will need it: ctrl-F the system generated number it in EXCEL, find the manual number it was assigned to, and find that number in the carton box.

What I mean is: there is an inventor or a creator in each one of us, it gives us sense of fulfillment.

I used to think that God created us in His own image, that we love to create things as well, and saying “It is Good”, does God needs sense of fulfillment as well?

I don’t think so, and sorry if that will mean am analyzing God, NO, just a thought on that verse that we are created in His own image.

I believe there is more than that: God is secured in Himself: He create because of Love, I think.

I have asked everywhere possible about scholarships and loans. So far...nothing. It will really take a miracle. I speak regularly with a friend of mine who keeps saying God has gotten me this far and he will work it out but...this just looks like a big ask. Ofcourse I know he can work it out but it seems like it's a big thing. I probably dont even deserve it
There are a million different ways that God can solve every one of our problems. He is infinite and the Great Brilliant Mind, and He is creative. Perhaps He will work it out another way, and that way may not be what you hoped but in the end give you something better than your own solution would have. Leave it up to Him and find peace. Expanding our view of Him and remembering that He is magnificent and limitless can help to free us from what is hurting us. It makes faith breathe fresh air and find hope to think of His vastness compared to all our limitations. He may also yet surprise you with a miracle. And God often gives us what we don't deserve, it's His nature. He's made of generosity. But He really does know what's best for us, and His motive is always love.

Nothing is too hard for God. Didnt Sarah laugh when she was told she would have a child in her old age?
And...money is no problem for God, actually its a trifle. Jesus had no money to pay a tribute, so he asked Peter to go fishing, and he got some out of a fish.

I dont know if people then were just throwing money away into the sea but surely there are some people today who've got far too much and want to give it to someone who doesnt have any. Cos they dont know what else to do with it!

God practically gave me free education in horticulture. Ive done four courses so far, completed two and didnt have to pay full price for any of it. Really, if He wants to train you He will find a way to do it. If you do an apprenticeship, they will even pay you.

There are a million different ways that God can solve every one of our problems. He is infinite and the Great Brilliant Mind, and He is creative. Perhaps He will work it out another way, and that way may not be what you hoped but in the end give you something better than your own solution would have. Leave it up to Him and find peace. Expanding our view of Him and remembering that He is magnificent and limitless can help to free us from what is hurting us. It makes faith breathe fresh air and find hope to think of His vastness compared to all our limitations. He may also yet surprise you with a miracle. And God often gives us what we don't deserve, it's His nature. He's made of generosity. But He really does know what's best for us, and His motive is always love.
Very true!

How to change one's mindset?

This just a suggestion.
Am thankful God has given a job that I like.

And of course there comes from time to time some moment of boredom: proposed solution: CREATE.

Say, it takes 10 minutes to find that document, I challenge things to make it less than a minute to find it.

It gives me a sense of fulfillment.

The details of it: there is this paper document that have computer generated number in it, and after a transaction it will be put in a carton box, so it files up overtime.

And from time to time, that document is needed, so that guy will look on that document in stacks of paper, browsing each paper one by one.

Solution: before putting it in the box, put a number on it, no. 1,2, and so on, then input the system generated number in EXCEL.
So, if one will need it: ctrl-F the system generated number it in EXCEL, find the manual number it was assigned to, and find that number in the carton box.

What I mean is: there is an inventor or a creator in each one of us, it gives us sense of fulfillment.

I used to think that God created us in His own image, that we love to create things as well, and saying “It is Good”, does God needs sense of fulfillment as well?

I don’t think so, and sorry if that will mean am analyzing God, NO, just a thought on that verse that we are created in His own image.

I believe there is more than that: God is secured in Himself: He create because of Love, I think.
Thanks aha!

Nothing is too hard for God. Didnt Sarah laugh when she was told she would have a child in her old age?
And...money is no problem for God, actually its a trifle. Jesus had no money to pay a tribute, so he asked Peter to go fishing, and he got some out of a fish.

I dont know if people then were just throwing money away into the sea but surely there are some people today who've got far too much and want to give it to someone who doesnt have any. Cos they dont know what else to do with it!

God practically gave me free education in horticulture. Ive done four courses so far, completed two and didnt have to pay full price for any of it. Really, if He wants to train you He will find a way to do it. If you do an apprenticeship, they will even pay you.
Wow! It's something I have always dreamt of doing but everyone has been saying I will be drowning in debt after.

Thanks everyone! I am so torn between staying where I am which is miserable vs taking the risk. What if the risk turns out to be a bad decision? It could also be the best decision I make. How do I know what to choose?

Thanks everyone! I am so torn between staying where I am which is miserable vs taking the risk. What if the risk turns out to be a bad decision? It could also be the best decision I make. How do I know what to choose?

Phoenix111,

I fear that the answer you are looking for is not going to come. Yes, we pray to our Lord for guidance, but He will leave it up to you for action. Not a single human achievement was undertaken without risk. It appears to be that your greatest fear is the unknown, but the unknown if what we always face. You do it every day. The odds that you will die in a traffic accident are pretty impressive. According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel, an average of 1.25 million people die, each year, in traffic accidents; an additional 20 - 50 million are injured or disabled. More than half of those involve people between the ages of 15 to 44. So I have to ask you; when was the last time you were in a car?

My response will not include a bible verse, as the fact that our lives are in God's hands is indisputable. My comments are not drawn from scripture, but from experience. At the end, we usually only regret the "things" we did not do. The only "thing" I am in a position to guarantee you is that if you do nothing, nothing is what you will do.

Everything comes at a cost; everything from salvation to education. Yes, it is wise to spend time praying for God's guidance (I do it all the time), but God usually presents us with opportunities that we have to decide to take (or not).

If you take a chance, you might fail, or you might not. There is really only one way to know for sure and that's after you do it.

OK, maybe I will include scripture: "Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap. As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things. Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let your hands not be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well." Ecclesiastes 11:4-6 NIV.

rtm3039

Phoenix111,

I fear that the answer you are looking for is not going to come. Yes, we pray to our Lord for guidance, but He will leave it up to you for action. Not a single human achievement was undertaken without risk. It appears to be that your greatest fear is the unknown, but the unknown if what we always face. You do it every day. The odds that you will die in a traffic accident are pretty impressive. According to the Association for Safe International Road Travel, an average of 1.25 million people die, each year, in traffic accidents; an additional 20 - 50 million are injured or disabled. More than half of those involve people between the ages of 15 to 44. So I have to ask you; when was the last time you were in a car?

My response will not include a bible verse, as the fact that our lives are in God's hands is indisputable. My comments are not drawn from scripture, but from experience. At the end, we usually only regret the "things" we did not do. The only "thing" I am in a position to guarantee you is that if you do nothing, nothing is what you will do.

Everything comes at a cost; everything from salvation to education. Yes, it is wise to spend time praying for God's guidance (I do it all the time), but God usually presents us with opportunities that we have to decide to take (or not).

If you take a chance, you might fail, or you might not. There is really only one way to know for sure and that's after you do it.

OK, maybe I will include scripture: "Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap. As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things. Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let your hands not be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well." Ecclesiastes 11:4-6 NIV.

rtm3039

You speak words of wisdom :)
Deep down....I know the decision is mine but I wish I didn't have to make it. I wish God would just say....choose this one, it would make life so much easier.:D

I prayed for this opportunity, as a matter of fact, the odds were against me and I got into the program never the less. If I listen to what people tell me, I probably wouldnt go, If I listen to what my heart tells me, I would. But I make bad decisions all the time :LOL: I guess I have a lot to think about. Thank you for helping! I appreciate you guys a lot!

Back