I Don't Think I Should Go On Dorm For College : /

This is something common of all adults. We reflect back and look at our lives and imagine that we had made different decisions. I'll offer you a few words of advice here knowing that you won't really be able to understand their important or impact and have know way of really applying them, because I wouldn't have either when I was your age, and I couldn't now if a 60 y/o version of me would step back through time and tell me the same thing. It's the nature of learning wisdom. It just can't be handed to you. Regardless, I'll tell you what I know. If I could go back to being a younger version of myself, the first thing I would do is find the most Godly example of Christian faith I could find and tell them to make every decision in my life and follow it faithfully. I would literally go to my grandfather and do everything that he ever told me to do. You see, Roy Rogers once said, "Marry the woman that will get you into Heaven". The choice to follow Jesus is THAT important. It impacts every decision you make, every thought you have, every relationship you form. It isn't just a feeling, or an emotion. It is true and genuine love. It is learning every day how to love just a little bit more the way Jesus loves. It is the difference between Happiness and Joy. Temporary gratification and lifelong contentment. Death and Life. The entire sum of everything I know can be summed down to that, and so it is what I have to offer you. You have the ability to choose God, but too often we are told it is a one time decision. It is a decision that gets made every time we make a choice. It is a decision that is made a thousand times a day. We aren't given a million dollars and given the option to lay that at the altar. We are given a million dollars worth of pennies, and with every decision we make, we give a penny to God or we keep a penny. The best life is the one where you end up with empty pockets, because you invested every single penny into Heaven. The best part is that you never have to answer the question, why are the pennies in your pocket more important than the wonderful love that God has for you.

You're amazing.

This is something common of all adults. We reflect back and look at our lives and imagine that we had made different decisions. I'll offer you a few words of advice here knowing that you won't really be able to understand their important or impact and have know way of really applying them, because I wouldn't have either when I was your age, and I couldn't now if a 60 y/o version of me would step back through time and tell me the same thing. It's the nature of learning wisdom. It just can't be handed to you. Regardless, I'll tell you what I know. If I could go back to being a younger version of myself, the first thing I would do is find the most Godly example of Christian faith I could find and tell them to make every decision in my life and follow it faithfully. I would literally go to my grandfather and do everything that he ever told me to do. You see, Roy Rogers once said, "Marry the woman that will get you into Heaven". The choice to follow Jesus is THAT important. It impacts every decision you make, every thought you have, every relationship you form. It isn't just a feeling, or an emotion. It is true and genuine love. It is learning every day how to love just a little bit more the way Jesus loves. It is the difference between Happiness and Joy. Temporary gratification and lifelong contentment. Death and Life. The entire sum of everything I know can be summed down to that, and so it is what I have to offer you. You have the ability to choose God, but too often we are told it is a one time decision. It is a decision that gets made every time we make a choice. It is a decision that is made a thousand times a day. We aren't given a million dollars and given the option to lay that at the altar. We are given a million dollars worth of pennies, and with every decision we make, we give a penny to God or we keep a penny. The best life is the one where you end up with empty pockets, because you invested every single penny into Heaven. The best part is that you never have to answer the question, why are the pennies in your pocket more important than the wonderful love that God has for you.

I agree w/ ....everything XD but esp with what I bolded, following Jesus is more serious than our current life, it's crazy when you think abt it often ^^ and Ialso side w/ you in that we make millions of choices that can either honor God or shame Him. Every day Im learning... just learning. :) thanks though , for your wisdom,..thank you everyone.

Back