I feel like my family is holding me back

Jan 23, 2011
nunya bizzznass :)
www.christianforumsite.com
My mom keeps saying we have to work together as a family to get anywhere... But I feel like I'm sacrificing the most.

I went from 4k to $1.00 in savings and checking... Helping my mom with rent and helping her stay in school.

My car that I paid for myself...is used to shuttle everyone around since hers got repossessed. Before then my mom and dad were mad I got my own car bc the money I was putting into my car they wanted me to help pay with rent ...( However my older brother wasnt giving that much..just $50 on lights...yet he got paid more than me. But more was expected from me yet I got payed less ) I got my car bc my mom hated me having her car when she had to go to work...and my dad hated taking me to work when he was doing nothing else...he'd purposely make me late to work sometimes

And recently...

I got a job ( the cafe) but I had to quit because my moms work schedule and my little brother going to school. So I quit for them... Now..my middle brother is starting to work... And guess who's responsible for taking him to work?.

Me.

But I had to quit my job before it even started. It's not fair at all.

And yes I try to tell my mom how I feel but she gets defensive saying ..family has to work together... ECT and it's better for me to be in school than work these low paying jobs. But when I told her about me going away in January she almost hated it because she needed someone to watch my younger brother.

I'm so close to giving up. Because no matter what I do something always gets in the way. All my goals and dreams I'm just going to give up... Because nothing will work out.

I'm so close to giving up. Because no matter what I do something always gets in the way. All my goals and dreams I'm just going to give up... Because nothing will work out.

This is another attack from the enemy on you. To cause you to give up and quit. He's robing you of your words and gaining access into your life by getting you to feel sorry for yourself.

Keep praying and thanking God for delivering you speedily out of this situation and keep your eyes on Jesus... Who will lead you and guide you into the right path for you. If school in Florida is the right way... Then set your heart to it and don't let to of the faith and hope.

Your family will be fine if you go.. God will make sure of that... And they are strong enough to adjust if they need to. But get your focus on Jesus and let Him be your guide. Trust Him, He is very faithful.

This is another attack from the enemy on you. To cause you to give up and quit. He's robing you of your words and gaining access into your life by getting you to feel sorry for yourself.

Keep praying and thanking God for delivering you speedily out of this situation and keep your eyes on Jesus... Who will lead you and guide you into the right path for you. If school in Florida is the right way... Then set your heart to it and don't let to of the faith and hope.

Your family will be fine if you go.. God will make sure of that... And they are strong enough to adjust if they need to. But get your focus on Jesus and let Him be your guide. Trust Him, He is very faithful.

You are right ... How do you make God a foundation?

Reactions: Fish Catcher Jim
Aw thats tough. My family is similar. My brother had me pay a third of the rates even though he and my other brother were earning ten times as much as I was. Mum wouldnt let me sell my car and put up a huge fuss when I wanted to sell my share of the house and she purposely stalled and held on to the money. Which wasnt even hers. When I quit my job because I had health and work issues and wanted to train for something else, I never heard the end of it.

I thought about going overseas and never coming back. But God wanted me to stay here and stick it out. He had something for me and I just needed to be patient. Give your dreams and ambitions to Him. He will give you His life in return and you are going to live your life for Jesus and be a light in the darkness right where you are.

I know it sounds contradictory to what cturtle just said but God knows your family even if right now you are the only one that knows Him. He will save you and your household. Pray for your family. Lord knows what it means to make a sacrifice! HE was one!

You are right ... How do you make God a foundation?

You put Him, His Word and His ways first and then as Matthew 6:33 says... All the things you need will be added unto you.

God has a specific plan for your life... It's already been written down and provided for.. now you just have to cash that check that's in your heavenly Bank account.

At this very point in time... It seems like a lot of things... But once you get on God's plan.. which is on the willing band :) ... God will provide. The biggest thing is trust in Him right now and finding out where your place is. And being patient to let God guide you there.

Don't worry about what was... God is big enough to make sure you get paid back for all you have done to help your family. (Ephesians 6:8). So sow that money and all your time (serving) as seeds and allow the Lord to bring you in a harvest... Because you did it out of joy and love

Is you dad working at the moment autumn. When dads are out of work, the family suffers.
My dad was out of work for a few years when he was made redundant and mum was really hard on him. But we never starved because he had saved all the money.
It sounds like your mum needs to be more careful with her finances and not go into debt, if her car was repossesed is she living beyond her means?

Reactions: autumn oddity