I haven't been to church where i say i will stay, now I'm picking a church

the bethel church in folsom, Jesus Culture, from redding california, i want this to work. i don't want to miss God, plz pray for me, thank u

the bethel church in folsom, Jesus Culture, from redding california, i want this to work. i don't want to miss God, plz pray for me, thank u
Angela, sometimes as a Christian we miss God, but we learn from that as we grow older in the Lord and power of his might. The first thing I use if I am wondering if I should something, is I check my heart to see if I have "peace" about it. All the Apostles lived with a clear "conscience" in their lives. You will know if something is from the Lord or not, but this takes practice to discern.

Col 3:14.. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Col 3:15.. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

The word, "rule" here means "to act as a umpire". Let the peace of God act as a umpire to whether you should something or not. :)

Why would this not work?

Will definitely be praying!
I've tried churches before and it didn't go well for me, the last time I had a true church my children were little, some are close to 40 now. When i use to try churches it just was, you go, sit, praise God, listen to a sermon then leave. One church i even went and helped feed the homeless, and cook food, give out groceries, things like that, i did that for about 3 months, but it didn't work out. I love those people and honor them. The way i use to think was being alone with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit was the best, there was freedom there. Now i'm learning to have people in my life again, it's been awhile. I just don't want to be foolish, I want prayer to protect whatever God is doing. In churches I just want to focus on Jesus in the Holy Spirit, I know i need prayer, in trying 3 churches it wasn't the right fit for me even though those churches are awesome.

I'm learning to have no agenda, but letting Jesus thru the Holy Spirit drive me, I say, "Jesus, how you doing, in me today, what we doin today, lol. Jesus, i know you going to dress me and do my hair. He is so fun, lol. I don't get caught up in how long this process has taken and how I've been missing out, i'm just glad me and Him are here, we got forever, right!

I've been living in the deep south for 1.5 yrs now and still have not found a church that seems right for me and wifee even though we live in the "Bible belt"

I've been living in the deep south for 1.5 yrs now and still have not found a church that seems right for me and wifee even though we live in the "Bible belt"

PM me! I have lived in the deep south for lets see now...how old am I?

Just as you see different explanations of Bible theology here, the same thing happens in churches. Keep looking.

Try this easy test. At the door when you are leaving and shaking hands with the pastor, ask him this question............
"Preacher, do YOU think that Luke 16 is a parable, or do you believe it is Jesus explaining what will happen to the lost man"???

IF he says a "parable", keep looking.

PM me! I have lived in the deep south for lets see now...how old am I?

Just as you see different explanations of Bible theology here, the same thing happens in churches. Keep looking.

Try this easy test. At the door when you are leaving and shaking hands with the pastor, ask him this question............
"Preacher, do YOU think that Luke 16 is a parable, or do you believe it is Jesus explaining what will happen to the lost man"???

IF he says a "parable", keep looking.
Uh, Major.. Luke 16 IS a parable, and has nothing in particular to do with a "lost man".

Uh, Major.. Luke 16 IS a parable, and has nothing in particular to do with a "lost man".

Not so my brother. Dig a little deeper and you will find out 3 very important things.

First, the story is never called a parable. The other parables of Jesus are designated as parables, such as the sower and the seed ; the prosperous farmer; the barren fig tree; and the wedding feast; but that is NOT the case with the rich man and Lazarus.

Second, the story of the rich man and Lazarus uses the actual name of a person. Such specificity would set it apart from ordinary parables, in which the characters are not named. Using personal names therefore makes the story "personal".
Jesus NEVER mentioned LITERAL names or places when speaking in parables--it was always "a certain man" or "a far country." In sharp contrast, we have definitive, distinctive, recognizable people mentioned in Luke 16:18-31; namely, Abraham, Lazarus, Moses, the prophets, and the dead.

Third, this particular story does fit the definition of a parable, which is a presentation of a spiritual truth using an earthly illustration. The story of the rich man and Lazarus presents spiritual truth directly, with no earthly metaphor. The setting for the story is the afterlife, as opposed to the parables, which unfold in earthly contexts.

Please, do not fall back on what you have always been told. Do the homework and see what happens. I did many years ago and it opened up a whole new outlook on the Scriptures.

Last edited:
Sorry Major, you need to be a bit more specific. Lazarus isn't mentioned until Luke 16:19.
Luke 16 begins with
The Parable of the Shrewd Manager

Sorry Major, you need to be a bit more specific. Lazarus isn't mentioned until Luke 16:19.
Luke 16 begins with
The Parable of the Shrewd Manager

Really.

Verse 20......
"And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus...........".

Verse 22.....
"And it came to pass that the beggar died and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom..........".

Verse 29......
"They have Moses and the prophets..................".

Back