I Know, I Know

My name is Sam and I am a recovering know-it-all (that's where you say 'Hi, Sam'). I am a recovering Pharisee and knowledge junky. I knew everything about everything including God. I solved all of His mysteries and dared anyone to dispute His truths. There was no room for debate or other understandings of a relationship with God. Jesus was a great example but no one could attain to His great love. I am a recovering know-it-all.

Jesus is the center of every discussion if two or more are gathered in His name. Do we gather in His name when in the midst of a heated debate? Is He present in that argument or condescending statement? He is with us when we are gathered in His name and His name is Love.

God bless you, Sam;

Christians are all recovering from being know-it-alls whether studying God, relying on our skills, abilities, talents, worldly business, talking, etc...The truth is, none of us are know-it-alls.

The beauty of God is He does know-it-all for He is Omniscient. If we think about this, should be a relief to all of us. His Name is Love is so beyond and given to each one of us that He wants us to grow in Him, in knowledge and wisdom.

Example. I may be so absorbed in my bubble of academic excellence, trade or ministry that I forget to take the time to love another, welcome him/her and offer a cold cup of water. This builds us up in our connection with other people and helps minimize heated exchanges, debate, condescending statements and so many other things, because we remember the most important attribute of God.

Is He present? Yes, because He is protecting the one who loves, while watching (judging) the one who tears down another.

1 John 4:16, 16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

God bless you, Sam, and your family.

My name is Sam and I am a recovering know-it-all (that's where you say 'Hi, Sam'). I am a recovering Pharisee and knowledge junky. I knew everything about everything including God. I solved all of His mysteries and dared anyone to dispute His truths. There was no room for debate or other understandings of a relationship with God. Jesus was a great example but no one could attain to His great love. I am a recovering know-it-all.

Jesus is the center of every discussion if two or more are gathered in His name. Do we gather in His name when in the midst of a heated debate? Is He present in that argument or condescending statement? He is with us when we are gathered in His name and His name is Love.

Have you ever heard of Cliff Claven????

He was the post man on the old Cheers TV sitcom. Try and find an episode of it and see if you think like he does.

What you are confessing may very well be true. I for one do not know. If it is true and since you are telling us that it is then I guess it is.

BUT.......think about this, instead of being a recovering know - it - all, you might have been so ugly that you broke the bathroom mirror. You can not confess that and fix it.

So......be happy!

Some of us are a lot worse off then just knowing everything there is to know.

Actually, and I hate to admit this, but between my brother and me, we know the answer to any question you can ask!

Back