I Look to the Cross

I hope you don't mind my thoughts being shared in the form of a poem.

I Look to the Cross

Dark clouds rolled in, the wind blew stronger, and the awaited moment was very close,

Lightning flashed, and the roar of thunder broke the veil of silence that covered the earth.

All was quiet except for the sobbing of those who knew, those who understood,

Final words were spoken, the dying man cried out in sorrow and eyes looked to the cross.

Long ago, on a mountain top, an innocent man bled and died upon a cross,

I look to the Son of God, but I also look to the cross, I look, I look to the cross.

The cross symbolizes my failures and my sin, and the cross declares my salvation,

I look to the cross, I look to the blood that flowed upon the ground that day.

When I am weak and weary, when life is hard upon me, I look to the cross,

When the burdens that I bear seem far too heavy, I look to the cross.

When I see the darkness overcoming light, I look; I look to the cross,

When wounded in the battle and victory seems far, I look, I look to the cross.

When the trials of life loom large and the road seems long, I look to the cross,

When my friends leave, and family forsakes, and tears flow, I look, I look to the cross.

On the cross an innocent man bled and died, but in death victory was won,

I look to the cross, I look to the Lamb of God, I look unto he who is my salvation.

I was lost and without hope, but restoration came when I looked unto the tomb,

The stone rolled back by angel's hands and the Son of God rose up, my King rose up.

The Son of God lives, he lives and he is my hope and my salvation,

Life will not overwhelm me, I will never forget the power found in the empty tomb.

The veil was torn asunder on that dark day, the earth shook and the thunder roared,

The stone rolled back as promised on that great day of hope, that glorious day of victory.

I was lost but now I am found, I know victory, for I look, I look to the cross,

I will not give up, I will not be defeated, for I look, I look to the cross.

Hello Exonomia;

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, brother.

Jesus and His missionaries gave warnings to the people. Paul wrote very direct of our sins, but offered encouragement to repent. Jesus taught warnings to the people of our sufferings, but He always finishes with His promise of hope.

The poem you wrote is very ominous of our wayward ways and personal struggles, but consistently gives a powerful hope, "I look to the cross."

God bless you and your family.

Back