I want to see Jesus (mystical experience)

This is probably the weirdest thing ever posted on this forum but here it goes.

I really want to see Jesus and not just metaphorically, I want to talk to Him.

Most if not all Christian mystics today speak of fasting and long hours of prayer before being able to see Him.

If I confess my sins, fasten and pray for hours this Easter, will I be able to have a mystical experience?

Does this make any sense?

Although I cannot say, I would say it depends...

First, God will not be maneuvered into such interactions.

Now as to particulars, it would depend upon what God would have you learn from such an encounterter. This is not whether YOU feel interested nor how fervently you fast & pray.

Such is not usually a reward, but to strengthen one for trials to come. Uncommon interaction may mean uncommon trials ahead.

His will is made known by Scripture and by the Spirit. One aspect of faith is to continue living the Christian life without requiring such favor.

Most if not all Christian mystics today speak of fastening and long hours of prayer before being able to see Him.
If I confess my sins, fasten and pray for hours this Easter, will I be able to have a mystical experience?

Although I cannot say, I would say it depends...First, God will not be maneuvered into such interactions. Now as to particulars, it would depend upon what God would have you learn from such an encounterter. This is not whether YOU feel interested nor how fervently you fast & pray. Such is not usually a reward, but to strengthen one for trials to come. Uncommon interaction may mean uncommon trials ahead. His will is made known by Scripture and by the Spirit. One aspect of faith is to continue living the Christian life without requiring such favor.

Hello Flavio;

I have to agree with Siloam's response to your question. We cannot just fast and pray prior to the Resurrection just to be able to see Jesus, because His encounter would be so much higher than just wanting to see Him and talk. But we can live with the promise of God's new heaven and new earth in Revelation 22 and here is a passage from this chapter:

In Revelation 22:4-5, 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.

I get you when you use the words "weird" or "mystical" but I would use a more reverential description like divine transcendence. God's transcendence means He is the existence or experience beyond the normal or physical level.

Personally, yes, God can do what He wants, but if Jesus appeared to me right now, I would immediately prostrate, face downward, "shudder" and worship Him.

God bless
you and your family.

Oh ok, which christian mystics today are you talking about?

Usually Jesus manifests himself to people when he wants to but theres no harm on desiring to see him and talk to Him. I cant say for sure that you will have a 'mystical experience' really its up to Him.

JEsus does say blessed are those who havent seen yet believe...so even if you dont see Him yet believe you will be in some ways more blessed than those who have seen him. If that makes sense.

I think it is natural to desire to see Jesus face to face. Everyone would love that! But Bible does not say that hours of fasting or depriving ourselves of food and locking out ourselves would guarantee such an experience. Instead Scripture asks us to walk by faith (and not by sight). Hang on to the promises in His Word through faith. We cannot force God to do anything. It would be a gift for a person to have such experiences. It would not be because the person did something to earn it. It would only be God's grace and mercy.

I was thinking of any incident closest to this in Bible. Moses came to my mind. He asked to see God! And he did not fast or pray for hours. He simply asked God and God immediately answered. God made it clear it was not because Moses deserved it or something. Lord added that He will have mercy on whom He will have. And compassion on whom He will have. That is the ultimate truth.

Most if not all Christian mystics today speak of fastening and long hours of prayer before being able to see Him.

Consider John 1;18.........
"
No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known."

I would re-think what you are wanting to see, because no one has ever seen God revealed in all His glory. In our fallen human condition, if God were to fully reveal Himself to us, we would be consumed and destroyed.

What would you define as a "Mystic Christian"????

My understanding is that there is NO SUCH thing as mystic Christianity my dear friend.

Mysticism can be found in many religions but Christianity is not one of them. Without a doubt it is certainly right to want to draw close to God, but mystical union with God is different from the type of intimacy with God to which Christians are called.

The Mysticism you are referring to tends to seek out the experiences and is sometimes seen as secretive or elitist. That my friend is exactly what Paul called GNOSTICISM and condemned it. Mysticism tends to be an individual, subjective practice whereas biblical Christianity is both an individual relationship with God and one that is necessarily lived out in community. There is no such thing as a solo Christian.

Now YOU asked so I hope you understand that because we have God’s completed Word, we are not to seek after dreams and visions or extra revelation from God or some kind of mystical expression.

There is NO WAY that we will see Jesus Christ until we die and are taken into His presence.

2 Corth. 5:6-8..............
"
Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the LORD. For we live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the LORD.

Phil. 1:21-23..............
"
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far".

I think it is natural to desire to see Jesus face to face. Everyone would love that! But Bible does not say that hours of fasting or depriving ourselves of food and locking out ourselves would guarantee such an experience. Instead Scripture asks us to walk by faith (and not by sight). Hang on to the promises in His Word through faith. We cannot force God to do anything. It would be a gift for a person to have such experiences. It would not be because the person did something to earn it. It would only be God's grace and mercy.

I was thinking of any incident closest to this in Bible. Moses came to my mind. He asked to see God! And he did not fast or pray for hours. He simply asked God and God immediately answered. God made it clear it was not because Moses deserved it or something. Lord added that He will have mercy on whom He will have. And compassion on whom He will have. That is the ultimate truth.
Ive seen him in a vision. I was not fasting and praying for hours intentionally but at the time I really was seeking. He revealed himself to me.

It was pretty funny about the way He did it, I will tell you later.

Ive seen him in a vision. I was not fasting and praying for hours intentionally but at the time I really was seeking. He revealed himself to me.

It was pretty funny about the way He did it, I will tell you later.

Now, may I ask you just "How" did you know that what you saw in a vision was Jesus Christ???

There are exactly ZERO pictures, paintings and drawing of Jesus Christ.

I would encourage you to read carfully 2 Corinthians 11:14-15 ........
" And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works."

Now, may I ask you just "How" did you know that what you saw in a vision was Jesus Christ???

There are exactly ZERO pictures, paintings and drawing of Jesus Christ.

I would encourage you to read carfully 2 Corinthians 11:14-15 ........
" And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works."
He was on the cross and he had a crown of thorns on his head. Nobody else I know had that. It was just a vision, but it was what God wanted to show me. Everyone else was seeing other deities, I saw Jesus.

He was on the cross and he had a crown of thorns on his head. Nobody else I know had that. It was just a vision, but it was what God wanted to show me. Everyone else was seeing other deities, I saw Jesus.

I am sure that you are convinced that what you saw was the real thing. However I would not be much of a Christian myself if I did not say to you that this presents you with a problem? How can a person determine that what is being presented is really coming from God?

Among the revelations the many cults around us today all say they received there is great contradictions and yet each claim that what they saw or heard was from God. If your "revelation" or vision came from God why does it contradict the teaching of Bible and also of others who make the same claim to receiving authentic revelation from God? The point is that dreams and visions are subjective. How can one determine they came from God and how can one interpret the dream?

May I also say to you that Hebrews 1:1-2a says, "...........
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son. . ."

Jesus Christ is the Word of God as John 1:1,14-16 plainly says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. . . . And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. And of his fullness have all we received, and grace for grace."

Jesus Christ is the word and you cannot separate the Lord Jesus from His word and Hebrews 1:1 is telling us that today God is speaking through the Bible, which is His word.

I have no problem with it, but it appears you do. JUst as God doesnt reveal himself in the same way to everyone cos Hes personal, and doesnt give the exact same gifts to every one, He gives diverse gifts to whom He wills. Also on the Bible it says he will give people visions.

He gave visions to Paul, and to Peter, (and they were different ones) and also John.
Paul was told he would be apostle to gentiles. Peter was given a vision of the clean and unclean animals. John was given a vision of the holy city and the things of the hereafter. None doubted they were from God, but they were all different visions.

Of course, when shared with others, there will always be someone whos skeptical just because theyve never had one.

Im not boasting of anything except Christ crucified. And that was what God showed me, in the vision He gave me.

I remember feeling really sad seeing Jesus like that.

Well, I didn't exactly 'see' Jesus but my prayers weren't unanswered either.

I wanted to ask Jesus if I was on the right path and He made it perfectly clear these last few days that He is not happy with me.

The Holy Spirit lead me this week to several Christian videos that seemed custom made for me: Jesus spoke vehemently against compromise and said that many Christians are now in hell because they didn't fully abandon the ways of the world - just like me. :(

If I were to die today, I believe I would go to hell. May Jesus have mercy on me and help me overcome all sin.

Just put it to the cross, whatever sins that are besetting you Flavio. Thank GOd you are still alive that you can repent..God is very patient with us. Confess them and Ask Him to forgive you. He will but he cant do anything if you not willing to admit to them! Ask for help to turn away from them.

The good thing is He has sent a helper to show us the way...

Dont compromise, be all for Jesus. Then you will see Him. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, then everything will be added unto you.

I have no problem with it, but it appears you do. JUst as God doesnt reveal himself in the same way to everyone cos Hes personal, and doesnt give the exact same gifts to every one, He gives diverse gifts to whom He wills. Also on the Bible it says he will give people visions.

He gave visions to Paul, and to Peter, (and they were different ones) and also John.
Paul was told he would be apostle to gentiles. Peter was given a vision of the clean and unclean animals. John was given a vision of the holy city and the things of the hereafter. None doubted they were from God, but they were all different visions.

Of course, when shared with others, there will always be someone whos skeptical just because theyve never had one.

What I am concerned with does not make any difference at all my sister.
What I have experienced or seen is not the issue and the truth is that YOU do not know if I have had any dreams or visions from God to make the comment ……….."Yhey have never had one".

What gives you the right to make that kind of comment?

What matters is the Word of God and what IT says not me.

All of the men you listed were of course APOSTLES!
They all were gifted with the "sign gifts" which Jesus commissioned them with in Mark 16 and also Mattew 28.
They Saw the Lord Jesus Christ. They talked with God.

Yes they were given visions and dreams but you my dear are not an Apostle. There are NO Apostles today at all.

The real problem then, is how do YOU know the dream came from God????

Hebrews 1:1-2a says,
"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son. . ." Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the word and you cannot separate the Lord Jesus from His word and Hebrews 1:1 is telling us that today God is speaking through the Bible, which is His word.

Why do you think that those Scriptures do not apply to you?

Well, I didn't exactly 'see' Jesus but my prayers weren't unanswered either.

I wanted to ask Jesus if I was on the right path and He made it perfectly clear these last few days that He is not happy with me.

The Holy Spirit lead me this week to several Christian videos that seemed custom made for me: Jesus spoke vehemently against compromise and said that many Christians are now in hell because they didn't fully abandon the ways of the world - just like me. :(

If I were to die today, I believe I would go to hell. May Jesus have mercy on me and help me overcome all sin.

Flavio, please listen to me. NO ONE is in hell today because they didn't fully leave the ways of the world.

Listen carefully to me...……….Every single soul in hell today is there because of UNBELIEF!!!!

Even after we are saved, we are still sinners!!! We all sin!!!

Romans 3:23 was written by an Apostle after he was saved and he said......…………..
"ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God".

Paul was talking about himself !!!!!

You are not going to go to hell because I have seen you post things about the Lord Jesus Christ and if you can do that and you have believed upon Him as your Saviour, YOU ARE SAVED and you will not go to hell my friend! COUNT ON IT!!!!!!!

You do not need to SEE Jesus Christ. In fact You can not see Jesus Christ as He is in heaven at the right hand of the Father as your intercessor.
You will SEE Him when we all see Him and that is after we die. ONE second after death we will be in the Presence of Jesus Christ.

IF you have the feeling that Jesus is not happy with you...…...
May I take the liberty to speak to you and tell you to confront the SIN that you are in and put an end to it...…......Today, NOW!

That is how you and me and all of us get on the right path. We repent from the sin that separates us from God.

Back