I Will Uphold You

In Isaiah 41 is found a promise to God’s chosen people, Israel, which is now the church, the temple of God; Christ’s holy bride. God is promising those who are his that he has chosen us, he has not rejected us, so we don’t need to be afraid or alarmed when things begin to go crazy in this world of ours, which they presently are. He is with us, he is our God, he will give us strength, will help us, and he will uphold us with his righteous right hand.

Our enemy is Satan. We don’t need to fear him, because he is on his way to destruction. The Lord will help us in our battles against our enemy when we daily put on the spiritual armor he provided for us (See Ephesians 6:10-20).

Then, there are those who are yet outside of Christ who are spiritually thirsty. God will answer them, and he will outpour his living water on all those who seek him in truth, and who have the reverent fear of God within them. He can give us this living water because of Jesus’ blood sacrifice on the cross for our sins. Through Jesus’ death and resurrection, we can receive forgiveness of sins and new lives in Christ Jesus, our Lord - free from bondage to sin, and free to walk in true fellowship with Christ.

I Will Uphold You / An Original Work / November 4, 2011

Based off of Isaiah 41:8-20; Ephesians 6:10-18

You are My servant; I’ve chosen you.
I’ve not rejected you; I’ve been true.
Do not be fearful; I am with you.
Don’t be alarmed, for I am your God.
I will give you strength, and will help you.
I will uphold you with My right hand.

All who’re against you will be disgraced.
Those who oppose you, they will perish.
Enemies you search, but will not find.
They war against you; nothing will be.
I am your Lord God, who takes your hand;
Says, “Do not fear, for I will help you.”

The poor and needy, water they need.
Their tongues are thirsty; no drop to drink.
I will give answer; not forsake them.
I will make rivers flow from within.
My living water I will outpour
On those who seek Me; and Me adore.

Jesus provided the sacrifice;
For our sins blood bought; He paid the price,
So we’re forgiven all of our sins,
When we invite Him to come within.
He cleanses us from our impure hearts.
His life within us gives a new start.

Back