Inspiration for Week of June 4 to 10, 2023

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
Good Day, Friends; We sometimes take our blessings for granted, but just what is a blessing? It is anything that God wishes it to be. It could be something that we ask for in prayer or those things that we receive from our Heavenly Father because of our caring for others. Psalm 16:1-3 tells us, "(1) Keep me safe, O God, for I have come to you for refuge.(2) I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! All the good things I have are from you."(3) The godly people in the land are my true heroes! I take pleasure in them!"

Your blessings are also those things which you are given for doing God's work and those things which God provides you with for keeping His Word and keeping Him in your heart. The more good we do as God's workers, the happier and more content we will be.
May God Bless.

`

Last edited:
Agreed.

But Have you ever found yourself wanting some other talent someone else has been given?

Like your bored with your blessing, because you dont even think its working>?

I have.
Sometimes I don't understand why God takes me away from a certain "thing I did" with a gift I have been given. Clearly it makes so sense to me.

Bored - yes. Only because that nasty flesh gets in the way. I am not getting what I want out of it. When it is suppose to be wheeled to God and all glory given to Him. I have to remember that the gifts "aren't" there "purely" for my own pleasure and "enjoyment." These gifts are for glorifying God and doing His good works in obedience.

1 Timothy 6:17-19 Amplified Bible (AMP)
As for the rich in this present world, instruct them not to be conceited and arrogant, nor to set their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly and ceaselessly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous, willing to share [with others]. In this way storing up for themselves the enduring riches of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10

Sometimes I don't understand why God takes me away from a certain "thing I did" with a gift I have been given. Clearly it makes so sense to me.

Bored - yes. Only because that nasty flesh gets in the way. I am not getting what I want out of it. When it is suppose to be wheeled to God and all glory given to Him. I have to remember that the gifts "aren't" there "purely" for my own pleasure and "enjoyment." These gifts are for glorifying God and doing His good works in obedience.

1 Timothy 6:17-19 Amplified Bible (AMP)
As for the rich in this present world, instruct them not to be conceited and arrogant, nor to set their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly and ceaselessly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous, willing to share [with others]. In this way storing up for themselves the enduring riches of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10

I can see how Incorporating our sins into our ministry would make for a better ministry.

Back