Intellectual Learning Disability

I was born with an Intellectual Learning Disability but I wasn't diagnosed straight away, I can't remember at what age I was diagnosed but I was still very little when my pediatrition diagnosed me with this disability. I am currently 27 years old and I feel like my disability has stopped me from doing many things and make a living for myself. I really struggled with the work and didn't really have any friends at school, I was basically the unpopular kid that all the other kids wanted to pick on and were very nasty to me for no reason. And all the people who claimed to be my friends just ditched me, i'm still living under my Mum's roof,I don't have very much work experience, I have no career, hardly any income, not even close to getting my drivers license, I havn't even gone for my learners yet. I feel like it has even prevented me from having a love life and my social life isn't so great either, in a recent previous post reguarding my Depression & Anxiety issues someone asked me where God comes into this? I may get the same or a similar question to this post, but the truth is I have no clue where or even how God comes into this situation or any situation I have been or going through. I didn't become a believer until around 2013 but I didn't start attending church until around December 2015, I have been to three different churches since then and as people say "third luck is a charm" I found a church where I feel welcome and accepted for who I am. I guess it's normal for Christians or someone of any religion to go to different churches etc until they feel they have found "the one" that they will stick with. I believe I have found that church and the people there are so lovely, welcoming & accepting. I hope that I will have the same experience as well on this forum with all of you. May God give you mercy & peace

I'm so blessed to meet you Alison... I know you have lots of things that you are dealing with, but I can honestly say that Jesus and what He died to give you is your answer.

Isaiah 53: 3-5 says
He was despised and rejected and forsaken by men, a Man of sorrows and pains, and acquainted with grief and sickness; and like One from Whom men hide their faces He was despised, and we did not appreciate His worth or have any esteem for Him. Surely He has borne our griefs (sicknesses, weaknesses, and distresses) and carried our sorrows and pains [of punishment], yet we [ignorantly] considered Him stricken, smitten, and afflicted by God [as if with leprosy]. [Matt. 8:17.] But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.
Isaiah 53:3‭-‬5 AMPC

Which is something you can stand upon as a promise. Jesus is for us and the Father loves us so much... that anyone who is in Christ is a new creation and an heir to the Blessing of Abraham. But the important thing... is you have to believe that to be true... for faith is the link to the supernatural, life giving Word Of God.

Meditate on the stories of healing and deliverance in the bible (the gospels) and put yourself in their place.. seeing Jesus say to you.. daughter your faith has made you whole (total shalom... nothing broken, nothing missing) and meditate upon ps 119:98-100...
You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies, for [Your words] are ever before me. I have better understanding and deeper insight than all my teachers, because Your testimonies are my meditation. [II Tim. 3:15.] I understand more than the aged, because I keep Your precepts [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them].
Psalm 119:98‭-‬100 ampc

And renew your mind daily to all the promises that God has written down in His Word for you.. His daughter, who has been born again of an incorruptible seed... and you will see the Word come in and turn your life around and take you to places you could have only dreamed.

The Bible says that you have eternal life working in you right now... it's what gave you a brand new spirit. So let the joy of the Lord bring you to new heights of resurrection power being displayed in your body and mind and allow Him to set you free from all the negativity and sadness... for in Him you have been redeemed from the curse.

Find all of the words in Him, through Him, etc... in the new testament and allow them to be yours... because they are what Christ died to give you. Let the new testament tell you what belongs to you as a daughter of the Most High.

Blessings to you and your family

God calls you because He loves you. Its as simple as that.

It doesnt matter about our abilities or inabilities or disabilities. Because God is able to do what we by ourselves cannot.

For example, I myself have terrible vision, I am short sighted and cant see very far. I need to wear glasses practically all the time. I cant somehow just make my eyes see clearly, everything far away is a blur. Does that mean I am no use to Him? Does God only want people who can see perfectly? Even if I had perfect Twenty twenty vision, nobody can see as well as God.

And God gives me grace when I cant see..He knows my limitations yet He gives me other talents that hes placed in me to use.

A scripture for you...look up
1 corinthians 1:26-29

Blessings and welcome to the forum hope you find joy and fellowship here.

Hi Alison. I'm so glad you are here and I hope you feel loved and accepted by the people here just like at your church.

Please may I encourage you that God will take care of your problems as you trust Him to. Our help comes from within us, and even if we can't do what others do in the Christian life, or think as they can think, or read and understand as they can, it won't matter. If we have trusted God in our hearts to help and save us, then He will be just what we need at all times. He will do this naturally, gently, and kindly within us. He is always our friend even when others are not.

My own daughter seems to share some of your problems, including depression and anxiety. She is 28 and still living at home. She doesn't have a job and receives a disability pension. She took a long time to get her drivers licence, and started to learn to drive at a later age than people normally do. She has had social anxiety for a long time, so she finds it hard to be around groups of people, but over the years a little at a time she has started to be ok to be in groups. God is healing and helping her very gently and kindly, at a pace she can walk at in her life, and this is how He helps a lot of people, including me. He is helping you too, and will keep helping you all your life. He is kind, and strong, and safe and wise.

I have chronic mental and physical illnesses. He is healing me slowly because this is the best thing for me. He has helped me in the same way my whole life. He has been our friend when no-one else has helped us. We have never been alone in our problems, and when we are hurting He has held us in His arms and at the right time He heals our hearts and makes us stronger. He does this for every hurting person, and if we know this it will comfort us. He cares about you so much, and if people know Him He will make sure they care about you too. If they don't care then maybe they don't yet know Him. The Bible says this in the New Testament book of 1 John, chapter 3. It says that if He lives within us, we will be loving people.

The people in your church are caring about you, so they know Him. This is wonderful, and I am happy for you. We will be thinking of you and praying for you, that God will give you peace about yourself and your life and help you with everything that worries you. He will provide what you need because He loves you and you are His child. Keep in touch. God bless you.

Back