Irritating Pearls

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pearl is formed through an irritant In the clam or oyster. It keeps moving the irritant around until it becomes a smooth pearl.

Perhaps that irritant, annoyance, and suffering in your life is to produce that pearl of great price.

In the gospel, the pearl of great price, is compared to the kingdom of God, something a person sells everything they have to obtain.

Wisdom is also described as a pearl (and a female.)

With a clam, suffering produces the Pearl in it's heart. Perhaps suffering in your life is what is producing pearls in your heart that you most treasure?

Jesus was a member of the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire treasured pearls above almost everything else.

Maybe the fruit of your suffering is producing what you want to treasure the most?

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• download (7).jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 3
Jesus was a member of the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire treasured pearls above almost everything else.

Now how do you figure this one ?

Now about the suffering and making a pearl.
Yes it is possible HOWEVER here are a few facts to figure in.

Most suffering comes about because of poor choices and actions and reactions that people make.

Far too many times it's an attack from the enemy and people just don't get it.

Now then if and that is a mighty important IF.
IF WE Will walk through hard times, suffering and so forth God's Way then yes thee pearls can be formed.

Trouble is, people will do most everything other then truly walking according to God's ways in these times.
So the suffering is just that, a suffering struggle of a walk.

Blessings
FCJ

Now how do you figure this one ?

Now about the suffering and making a pearl.
Yes it is possible HOWEVER here are a few facts to figure in.

Most suffering comes about because of poor choices and actions and reactions that people make.

Far too many times it's an attack from the enemy and people just don't get it.

Now then if and that is a mighty important IF.
IF WE Will walk through hard times, suffering and so forth God's Way then yes thee pearls can be formed.

Trouble is, people will do most everything other then truly walking according to God's ways in these times.
So the suffering is just that, a suffering struggle of a walk.

Blessings
FCJ
I read in a sermon about the pearl of great price that the Roman Empire treasured pearls above other Treasures.

Yes it's true that much suffering comes from our mistakes, but a lot of the mistakes I make are from a lack of understanding. If God would give me the understanding I pray for, I wouldn't make those mistakes. I feel God leaves me in confusion because he wants me to make those mistakes and learn from them. Otherwise I think he would give me understanding.

I read in a sermon about the pearl of great price that the Roman Empire treasured pearls above other Treasures.

Yes it's true that much suffering comes from our mistakes, but a lot of the mistakes I make are from a lack of understanding. If God would give me the understanding I pray for, I wouldn't make those mistakes. I feel God leaves me in confusion because he wants me to make those mistakes and learn from them. Otherwise I think he would give me understanding.

It is Written - God is not the author of confusion.

Sometimes and this is actually most times, if God has given us some understanding or wisdom and we either blow it off or refuse to accept it then He is very slow to give us anymore.

Believe and Trust and Follow Through.
Blessings
FCJ

If God would give me the understanding I pray for, I wouldn't make those mistakes. I feel God leaves me in confusion because he wants me to make those mistakes and learn from them. Otherwise I think he would give me understanding.

Blaming God for the choices you made, and saying that you did them because He did not grant you the things you prayed for?

You are grasping at straws here!

Blaming God for the choices you made, and saying that you did them because He did not grant you the things you prayed for?

You are grasping at straws here!
If I would have received the graces I prayed for, I wouldn't make the mistakes I do. I pray for the grace to always be obedient to God and the understanding to always do his will... The rest is in God's hands

If I would have received the graces I prayed for, I wouldn't make the mistakes I do. I pray for the grace to always be obedient to God and the understanding to always do his will... The rest is in God's hands

In order for God to respond to your requests, you have to be praying according to His will (not yours).

I John 5:14,15
This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

The qualification 'according to His will' is key. When we seek His will many prayers of supplication become a means of aligning our will to His and being glad of that fact, so it is never a demand we may make on God.

Also, note that when God grants to give someone something like patience, He will give that believer lots of things to practice being patient about. When God wants to give someone forbearance, God will allow many more personal attacks so that the believer may practice forbearance.

It sounds like you have been given many chances to learn obedience, but you refuse to make the most of them. Practice obedience and you will learn obedience.

Start small. As you learn how to be obedient in small things, you will be given more opportunities to be obedient in larger things.

Actually that is far from true.
We , you, me have Grace.
Yet still we are in control of the choices we make.

Also it is written. ...James 4:6
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

You have the "Grace" to be obedient
You also have the choice to do so.
So the Grace is there, but you have to still do it.

Blessings
FCJ

A pearl is formed through an irritant In the clam or oyster. It keeps moving the irritant around until it becomes a smooth pearl.

Perhaps that irritant, annoyance, and suffering in your life is to produce that pearl of great price.

In the gospel, the pearl of great price, is compared to the kingdom of God, something a person sells everything they have to obtain.

Wisdom is also described as a pearl (and a female.)

With a clam, suffering produces the Pearl in it's heart. Perhaps suffering in your life is what is producing pearls in your heart that you most treasure?

Maybe the fruit of your suffering is producing what you want to treasure the most?

Any thoughts?
(We must have faith, patience, and trust. Study how those relate to each other, depend on each other, and work together.)

Even while being irritated, suffering, to make that pearl, the clam has to persevere and continually build up those minerals around the grain of sand in order to produce the pearl, or "fruit".
:)
We must have strong enough faith, saving faith, so that we truly and fully believe and not doubt. Because patience, (longsuffering), requires us to fully trust God, and His timing and will.

How much time are you spending in God's Word? Putting into practice all that He has given you already?

Your going to make mistakes because you live on this earth, with all of the evil interferences that are around us. But the more we read Fathers Word and obediently put those things into practice... the less mistakes we make. All the responsibility of our actions comes back to our responsibility. Father has given or placed those responsibilities in our hands... we have to put them into action by becoming a doer of the Word... not just relying on Him to automatically make it so. Learning how He speaks to your heart is key.

Something else to think about is that when we choose to believe something opposite of what Father's Word says... that rebellion and unbelief also creeps into other areas of our life. And until we believe Fathers Word as absolute truth... we will struggle. Reading His Word helps us to know and understand and hear how He communicates, the more we read the more we will hear Him speak to our hearts apart from His word.

Faith without corresponding action is dead...
What is the use (profit), my brethren, for anyone to profess to have faith if he has no [good] works [to show for it]? Can [such] faith save [his soul]? So also faith, if it does not have works (deeds and actions of obedience to back it up), by itself is destitute of power (inoperative, dead).
James 2:14‭, ‬17 AMPC
https://bible.com/bible/8/jas.2.14-17.AMPC

How much time are you spending in God's Word? Putting into practice all that He has given you already?

Your going to make mistakes because you live on this earth, with all of the evil interferences that are around us. But the more we read Fathers Word and obediently put those things into practice... the less mistakes we make. All the responsibility of our actions comes back to our responsibility. Father has given or placed those responsibilities in our hands... we have to put them into action by becoming a doer of the Word... not just relying on Him to automatically make it so. Learning how He speaks to your heart is key.

Something else to think about is that when we choose to believe something opposite of what Father's Word says... that rebellion and unbelief also creeps into other areas of our life. And until we believe Fathers Word as absolute truth... we will struggle. Reading His Word helps us to know and understand and hear how He communicates, the more we read the more we will hear Him speak to our hearts apart from His word.

Faith without corresponding action is dead...
What is the use (profit), my brethren, for anyone to profess to have faith if he has no [good] works [to show for it]? Can [such] faith save [his soul]? So also faith, if it does not have works (deeds and actions of obedience to back it up), by itself is destitute of power (inoperative, dead).
James 2:14‭, ‬17 AMPC
https://bible.com/bible/8/jas.2.14-17.AMPC
I don't understand God's word. It says ask anything of the father in Jesus name and it will be granted, it says ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you, and God says thou shall not kill , then kills people for not resting on the Sabbath, and orders the Israelites to annihilate cities.

Then people like Buddha allegedly go to hell because they never heard about Jesus. God told the Israelites to not create a Graven image, then later told them to make the Brazen Serpent and the golden cherubim. There's a lot that makes no sense to me.

Much of the Bible is poetry, Parables, hyperbole, and symbolism that isn't meant to be taken literally.

I can read God's word until I'm blue in the face, but if God is doing nothing to show me that his word is true, then it means little to me.

I can read God's word until I'm blue in the face, but if God is doing nothing to show me that his word is true, then it means little to me

Obviously you do understand the Bible. But if you choose to believe your above quote, over what His Word already says... then your the one whose not paying attention to what He is already showing you.

Much of the Bible is poetry, Parables, hyperbole, and symbolism that isn't meant to be taken literally

Actually your totally wrong. And why your still stuck where you are and why you believe the lies you do. Your the one who needs to change your thinking to match God's word. It's not His job to change His Word to match your beliefs.

I don't understand God's word. It says ask anything of the father in Jesus name and it will be granted, it says ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you, and God says thou shall not kill , then kills people for not resting on the Sabbath, and orders the Israelites to annihilate cities.

Then people like Buddha allegedly go to hell because they never heard about Jesus. God told the Israelites to not create a Graven image, then later told them to make the Brazen Serpent and the golden cherubim. There's a lot that makes no sense to me.

Much of the Bible is poetry, Parables, hyperbole, and symbolism that isn't meant to be taken literally.

I can read God's word until I'm blue in the face, but if God is doing nothing to show me that his word is true, then it means little to me.
Then people like Buddha allegedly go to hell because they never heard about Jesus.

Mathew 24:14
“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a witness to all the nations, and then the end shall come.

God said EVERYONE WILL HEAR and that means everyone will have THEIR CHANCE to either Accept Jesus or Deny Jesus.

Now that's settled. Either accept it or dont but its not a valid point.

Friend you got that backwards.
It's on you . What are you doing with the things He has Already Given you.
You act as if God has to be a genie at your beckon call in order to be real or for you to believe.
What exactly do think He needs to show you so you will believe?

I don't understand God's word.

You say that you don't understand God or His Word.
If you will begin to do what He has said in His Word, the simple things like believe in what He has been saying to you in this forum for example, you then will begin to gain some understanding.

It's up to you.
Blessings

God's word says ask anything of the Father in Jesus name and it will be done. I ask incessantly for God to simply fill me with the holy Spirit and give me the grace to know and do his will. God refuses to provide the grace. It's kind of hard to trust his word when repeatedly experience has shown me that it is false!

God says thou shall not kill , then kills people for not resting on the Sabbath, and orders the Israelites to annihilate cities.

God told the Israelites to not create a Graven image, then later told them to make the Brazen Serpent and the golden cherubim. There's a lot that makes no sense to me.
What every believer has to realize is that in the old testament there was not a whole lot of grace. Especially for a people who were stiff necked and rebellious. So when God laid down the laws or rules... there were harsh consequences for disobeying them.

There was also very strict reasons why The Israelites were to destroy the people God told them to.

As for the serpent on the pole... it was a symbol of Jesus full of everyone's sin.

But in all honesty... it's not our place to judge God. It causes us to get judged, and could be the reason why you cannot see the grace that you already have. You have to choose to believe all of God's Word ... if you mix in other religions... it will cloud your judgement and your ability to hear. God is a one God only Entity, to His children... if you mix that up you cause your own confusion and make it difficult to find what you seek.

God's word says ask anything of the Father in Jesus name and it will be done. I ask incessantly for God to simply fill me with the holy Spirit and give me the grace to know and do his will. God refuses to provide the grace. It's kind of hard to trust his word when repeatedly experience has shown me that it is false!

You are not grasping this.
You have the grace.

You think God is going to do these things for you. He is not.
You must make up your mind to do so.
Then you start working at doing it.
You then will find more and more Grace as you actually put forth the effort.

His Will is the same for everyone.
It's His Word. Do what it says.
That means you will have to make up your mind to believe and for so even when you don't understand or dont want to.

About Mark 11.
It's more then just asking any old thing.

You are not grasping this.
You have the grace.

You think God is going to do these things for you. He is not.
You must make up your mind to do so.
Then you start working at doing it.
You then will find more and more Grace as you actually put forth the effort.

His Will is the same for everyone.
It's His Word. Do what it says.
That means you will have to make up your mind to believe and for so even when you don't understand or dont want to.

About Mark 11.
It's more then just asking any old thing.
I have often preached about God, laid my hands on people and prayed, given away money, food, clothes, and even the shirt off my back because God's word says to. The word of God says a lot of things though like hate father and mother.

The word of God needs an authority outside of scripture to interpret it.

I have often preached about God, laid my hands on people and prayed, given away money, food, clothes, and even the shirt off my back because God's word says to. The word of God says a lot of things though like hate father and mother.

The word of God needs an authority outside of scripture to interpret it.

Not getting what you are saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back