Is belief an action?

I think it's a mindset or change of heart that will compell us to action. So in that sense yes. After all it's the Book of Acts, not the Book of Beliefs.
Although God actually does the resurrecting we need to believe Him first. Without faith it's impossible to please God.

Ok I haven’t read all of Acts. But yes i have come to the conclusion believing is something we do, it’s a spiritual act.
When looked at closely there’s all sorts of disciplines involved, like choice, awareness, intent, and to hold a belief for a long enough time before it turns into Faith it takes patience and endurance and focus.

It’s quite a tightrope walk haha

Is believing something we do?

john6: 29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe(A) in the one he has sent.”

what do you think?

Hello Via;

Good topic!

Yes, belief is an action. This passage is a powerful belief in action - Mark 12:30, 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

Our belief is a witness to others who see our active involvement, love for our neighbors as ourself, service, and emulating Christ's example and Way of life.

God bless you and your family.

Ok I haven’t read all of Acts. But yes i have come to the conclusion believing is something we do, it’s a spiritual act.
When looked at closely there’s all sorts of disciplines involved, like choice, awareness, intent, and to hold a belief for a long enough time before it turns into Faith it takes patience and endurance and focus.

It’s quite a tightrope walk haha

Via......many people argue over "Works" are need to be saved/stay saved.

For example, The Roman Catholic doctrine is that "Works" are necessary for salvation.

However the Scriptures are very clear in Ephesians 2:8-9.........
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- 9not by works, so that no one can boast."

Now, I said all that so as to provide proper context for what I need to say in respoce to your question and it is a really good question.

It seems that "Grammatically and Linguistically"------ In the Greek language the word for belief and the one for faith come from the same root,
which means to trust in something.

In Romand's 4:5 Paul said,
“to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.”

This means faith (belief) is the only thing you can do that’s not counted as work.!!!!!

A gift of God is given it's not made by us just accepted and received from Him.
But sure there is the 'act of receiving' a gift! Cos you have to be there to receive it or you won't be able to open it. All we need to say is thank you.
And then it's up to us to make use of this wonderful gift.

Back