Is cursing or mocking the Holy Spirit out of anger the unforgivable sin?

This will probably be my last post on the matter for a while and I also wanted to give a bit of an update. I am taking everyone's advice on finding a church and a pastor. I realize now that it possibly wasn't the Holy Spirit convicting me but I assumed that it was and I started to curse and mock the Holy Spirit. I was also mocking what conviction is in a very terrible way and I was asking why the Holy Spirit doesn't just leave people alone and let them live their life. I also said to quit being a child and to get over the sins people commit. This was like a seven to ten minute rant and I think it happened on two or three different occasions Some of the stuff I researched on the unforgivable sin says that anything blasphemous said about the Holy Spirit could be the unforgivable sin but others say it's specifically attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan? They call it defiant irrelevance and the definition sounds exactly like what I did. The way it's written in the Bible makes it seem like once you say anything blasphemous, you're done. I'm beyond terrified and I'm starting to feel dead inside. I'm having a lot of bad thoughts. My family is very worried about me and I'm starting to accept the fact that I may be going to Hell for eternity. I haven't gave up all hope though because I continue to have faith that maybe I didn't cross the line and that God has mercy on me. To leave on a good note, I've made a few Christian friends and started a Facebook group chat with them.

This will probably be my last post on the matter for a while and I also wanted to give a bit of an update. I am taking everyone's advice on finding a church and a pastor. I realize now that it possibly wasn't the Holy Spirit convicting me but I assumed that it was and I started to curse and mock the Holy Spirit. I was also mocking what conviction is in a very terrible way and I was asking why the Holy Spirit doesn't just leave people alone and let them live their life. I also said to quit being a child and to get over the sins people commit. This was like a seven to ten minute rant and I think it happened on two or three different occasions Some of the stuff I researched on the unforgivable sin says that anything blasphemous said about the Holy Spirit could be the unforgivable sin but others say it's specifically attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan? They call it defiant irrelevance and the definition sounds exactly like what I did. The way it's written in the Bible makes it seem like once you say anything blasphemous, you're done. I'm beyond terrified and I'm starting to feel dead inside. I'm having a lot of bad thoughts. My family is very worried about me and I'm starting to accept the fact that I may be going to Hell for eternity. I haven't gave up all hope though because I continue to have faith that maybe I didn't cross the line and that God has mercy on me. To leave on a good note, I've made a few Christian friends and started a Facebook group chat with them.

Is cursing or mocking the Holy Spirit out of anger the unforgivable sin?​

NO!

As has been said to you......the unpardonable sin is the rejection of the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour!

Yes because he is loving 🕊️and delicate. The Holy Bible says

Ephesians 4:30-31
King James Version​

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Yes because he is loving 🕊️and delicate. The Holy Bible says

Ephesians 4:30-31​

King James Version​

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
The Greek word is lypeite, which means to "cause grief," or "make sorrowful." Paul's point is fundamental to the entire Christian understanding of sin. In short, believers can make the Spirit sad by our sinful actions.

This ties together several critical ideas. First, it means saved Christians are still capable of sin. Second, it means that God does, in fact, care about how we live our lives once we are saved. Third, it ties into eternal security; Paul is not warning us about being cast aside as a result of sin. Fourth, this is part of the motivation Christians have for godly living. Eternal security is not a license to sin, because true believers don't want to make our Savior sad!

We make the Lord Jesus sad when we reject Him as our Saviour which is the "Unpardonable Sin"!

The best thing you could do would be to get into a good Christian, fundamental church with a Pastor who believes the Bible is the Word of God.

From your own words here.......it is clear that you have been given some very bad religiose teachings.
From your own words here.......You really do not know what the unforgivable sin or blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is!

You are free to PM me anytime and I will be blessed to teach the Bible correctly to you. Please ask any of the Moderators on this site for any recommendations you require. I will be glad to help you!!!!!!

The best thing you could do would be to get into a good Christian, fundamental church with a Pastor who believes the Bible is the Word of God. From your own words here.......it is clear that you have been given some very bad religiose teachings. From your own words here.......You really do not know what the unforgivable sin or blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is! You are free to PM me anytime and I will be blessed to teach the Bible correctly to you. Please ask any of the Moderators on this site for any recommendations you require. I will be glad to help you!!!!!!

Hello NickH;

I remember when you posted your thread over a year ago and never heard from you again. I also feel from reading your thread you were not receiving proper discipleship and spiritual direction from a Minister and the Word of God.

From your taking everyone's advice, (I would assume these are men and women of God,) can be a good start from Proverbs 15:22.

I personally have met with many believers seeking the church God wants them to worship and serve. Many visitors told me they didn't know where to settle so I encouraged them to pray fervently and keep searching in their home community. Most found a church either with us or elsewhere, and others I lost contact with.

Ultimately through prayer and the prompting of the Holy Spirit will lead you and your family to the church He is calling you to worship and serve.

I agree with Major. A seasoned Minister is very important to guide us in our personal growth and walk with Christ.

We hope you will return and let us know how the Lord led you.

God bless you, NickH, and your family.

Back