Is it possible Cain's "wife" was a Neanderthal?

Science has determined that Humans and Neanderthal are different species, however, there is the possibility that inter breeding (although rare) did happen.

Science has determined that Humans and Neanderthal are different species, however, there is the possibility that inter breeding (although rare) did happen.

NO Dave.

Cains wife was either his sister or his niece.

Adam and Eve had many children after Cain and Abel.

The fact that Cain was scared for his own life after he killed Abel indicates that there were many other children and perhaps even grandchildren of Adam and Eve already living at that time.
Cain’s wife was a daughter or granddaughter of Adam and Eve.

The reason that incest today often results in genetic abnormalities is that when two people of similar genetics (i.e., a brother and sister) have children together, there is a high risk of their recessive characteristics becoming dominant. When people from different families have children, it is highly unlikely that both parents will carry the same recessive traits. The human genetic code has become increasingly “polluted” over the centuries as genetic defects are multiplied, amplified, and passed down from generation to generation. Adam and Eve did not have any genetic defects, and that enabled them and the first few generations of their descendants to have a far greater quality of health than we do now. Adam and Eve’s children had few, if any, genetic defects. As a result, it was safe for them to intermarry.

If not, that would open the door to Evolution.

But there is no mention of any other children until 4:25 when Seth was born. Prior to Seth Cain is sent away from Adam and Eve. Not only does Cain have a wife, but Enoch and his sons also. Biblicly how do you prove Adam and Eve had these daughters. I should add I am asking because I was asked this same question and making the same arguments he did. Thank you for your teaching.

But there is no mention of any other children until 4:25 when Seth was born. Prior to Seth Cain is sent away from Adam and Eve. Not only does Cain have a wife, but Enoch and his sons also. Biblicly how do you prove Adam and Eve had these daughters. I should add I am asking because I was asked this same question and making the same arguments he did. Thank you for your teaching.

Correct. The Bible only tells us of the 3 boys that they had.

But what we do know is that in Genesis 5:4...........
"And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters".

BOOM!

Genesis 1:28.........
"Be fruitful and multiply."

Adam and Eve lived 960 years. They were mature at creation so they would have had children immediatly. Not counting twins and multiple births, it does not take much knowledge to realize that they had a lot of diapers to change. Then also, those children would have had children also and so on.

If I might give a little advice, it has been my experience that the question posed of..."where did Cains wife come from" is nothing more than a smoke screen to try and prove that there is not God because the Bible did not tell us the whole story.

So, I encourage you to remember that It is amazing what scripture does not reveal. It does not give us a manual on raising children, financial planning, or who invented football or what a computer can do and some current topic. God does not reveal everything to us in scripture. God has chosen to reveal only those things that are important. The goal of scripture is to tell us about God, how He was seen all through history and salvation and how to live a holy life (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Correct. The Bible only tells us of the 3 boys that they had.

But what we do know is that in Genesis 5:4...........
"And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters".

BOOM!

Genesis 1:28.........
"Be fruitful and multiply."

Adam and Eve lived 960 years. They were mature at creation so they would have had children immediatly. Not counting twins and multiple births, it does not take much knowledge to realize that they had a lot of diapers to change. Then also, those children would have had children also and so on.

If I might give a little advice, it has been my experience that the question posed of..."where did Cains wife come from" is nothing more than a smoke screen to try and prove that there is not God because the Bible did not tell us the whole story.

So, I encourage you to remember that It is amazing what scripture does not reveal. It does not give us a manual on raising children, financial planning, or who invented football or what a computer can do and some current topic. God does not reveal everything to us in scripture. God has chosen to reveal only those things that are important. The goal of scripture is to tell us about God, how He was seen all through history and salvation and how to live a holy life (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
Thank you. I believe his question is just a reluctance to let go of his unbelief as well. He has moved and did not leave me with any contact info. I truly appreciate your input. God bless and keep you, sir.

Thank you. I believe his question is just a reluctance to let go of his unbelief as well. He has moved and did not leave me with any contact info. I truly appreciate your input. God bless and keep you, sir.

I am your huckleberry my brother!

Nothing blesses me more at my age than giving Bible answers to those who ask!

Thank you for asking!!!!

I don't know Bible doesn't say, I just thought God did the same thing with Adam for Cain, eg put him to sleep and pulled out his rib and voila a wife.

I don't know Bible doesn't say, I just thought God did the same thing with Adam for Cain, eg put him to sleep and pulled out his rib and voila a wife.
I think Major is right, we have to use some deductive reasoning. The bible does say that time passed before Cain killed Abel, it is reasonable to believe that Adam and Eve had other children (daughters) during that time and it is also likely that Cain and his wife were already married prior to his banishment and she went with him to Nod.

"Just thinkin" leads to all sorts of false ideas.

This also means that Cain’s wife was a descendant of Adam. She couldn’t have come from another race of people and must be accounted for from Adam’s descendants. The First Woman In Genesis 3:20 we read, “And Adam called his wife’s name Eve because she was the mother of all living.”

I think Major is right, we have to use some deductive reasoning. The bible does say that time passed before Cain killed Abel, it is reasonable to believe that Adam and Eve had other children (daughters) during that time and it is also likely that Cain and his wife were already married prior to his banishment and she went with him to Nod.
na I think it would have said if Adam and Eve had daughters, because daughters are important. Cain wouldn't have married his sister. Especially if he hated his brother.

So, I encourage you to remember that It is amazing what scripture does not reveal. It does not give us a manual on raising children, financial planning, or who invented football or what a computer can do and some current topic. God does not reveal everything to us in scripture. God has chosen to reveal only those things that are important.
So Al Gore inventing the internet is not important?

na I think it would have said if Adam and Eve had daughters, because daughters are important. Cain wouldn't have married his sister. Especially if he hated his brother.

Read the book then you would not have to make your personal assumptions.

After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters." (Genesis 5:4,5).

Last edited:
It actually does say they had daughters, it waits until after the story of Cain and Abel and at the end of Adam and Eves lives, but it specifically mentions daughters.
I thought it said Seth knew his wife and begat sons and daughters, not Adam and Eve but it's not clear who was wife of whom. Perhaps Seth got a wife pulled out of his rib too.

Gen 6:1-4 suggests that the men were doing the rib thing with the daughters and THEN marrying them. Because when else are daughters being born to men?

I don't know..if someone can draw a family tree of this, it would be interesting to see just how everyone is related.

I thought it said Seth knew his wife and begat sons and daughters, not Adam and Eve but it's not clear who was wife of whom. Perhaps Seth got a wife pulled out of his rib too.

Gen 6:1-4 suggests that the men were doing the rib thing with the daughters and THEN marrying them. Because when else are daughters being born to men?

I don't know..if someone can draw a family tree of this, it would be interesting to see just how everyone is related.

NO the Bible does not say any such thing. My suggestion is....."READ THE BOOK"!

Everyone is related!!!! We all came from ONE married couple, Adam and Eve!

Other than Adam and Eve ive seen no mention of the "rib thing" in scripture. Gen 6:1 does say when men began to multiply so I see where your idea comes from but think it refers to the race not individual men.

Last edited:
Other than Adam and Eve ive seen no mention of the "rib thing" in scripture. Gen 6:1 does say when men began to multiply so I see where your idea comes from but think it refers to the race not individual men.

When the children of Seth began to intermarry with the children of Cain, that "multiplication" caused men to seek to do every sin imaginable. That is why God had the destroy humanity.

Back