Is it possible to be filled with the Spirit a second time?

Im Wondering if in my case I need to be refilled again so I can lead a spirit filled Spirit led life.

I read and pray but... It feels forced ...
I talk to God...

But it feels like something is missing.

I don't know why I'm struggling so much... I feel like it should click. Should it click?

For reference I have already been baptized by water and in the spirit...

I'm going to church...trying to go regularly.

Maybe this is just life for me...as everyone's relationship with God is unique.

Cturtle

Senior Moderator / Secretary
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Ya know I asked the Lord that same question just about 2 weeks ago. And the answer I came to understand is that I dont need to be re- anything. I just need to get back in the habit and the flow of my relationship with Him. Having Him help me to heal up the places that are hindering my growth with Him. Refocusing my attention on what's right and right thoughts bout Him.. instead of the wrong thoughts that are there.

And I believe the same is with you :)

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
I read and pray but... It feels forced ...
I talk to God...
Let me ask you this. Would you look forward to spending time with some one who acted forced to do so?
Do you think it would be a Blessed and Prosperous time?

But it feels like something is missing.
A Want To Desire? A Heart that Desires nothing more at the time then to be in Fellowship With Him?

I don't know why I'm struggling so much... I feel like it should click. Should it click?
What the rest of your time like?
When you are not trying to spend time with Him, what are you doing and saying?

What is stronger within you?
1. To be with Him and do what ever He desires in life?
Or
2. Fulfill your desires and pursue the American dream, good job and house and bank account and a husband that provides everything for you?

What takes up Autumn's Heart and Mind the most in any given day?

Maybe this is just life for me...as everyone's relationship with God is unique.
That's nothing more then a quitters excuse.

Bottom Line.....ANYTIME.....our walk in Christ is not what it should be.......IT'S ALWAYS our fault. Examine your heart and life......there you will find the problem and God wants to tweak that more then you do in order to get you up on top and staying there.

It's not about our performance but our Faith, Believing and ACTING on it.

Blessings
FCJ

Amens/Likes: Cturtle

Cturtle

Senior Moderator / Secretary
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Here's a passage for you....
So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn’t hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn’t gladly and freely do for us? And who would dare tangle with God by messing with one of God’s chosen? Who would dare even to point a finger? The One who died for us—who was raised to life for us!—is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ’s love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture: They kill us in cold blood because they hate you. We’re sitting ducks; they pick us off one by one. None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I’m absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God’s love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.
Romans 8:31‭-‬39 MSG

Amens/Likes: Fish Catcher Jim
Are you having communion with Him. I mean do you partake with Him in the Lords supper.
Some churches do this once a month, others do it every week. Its when we remember what Jesus did for us.

Examine your heart. When David made a big mistake, and was having an affair with Bathsheba and trying to cover it up he felt far from God. It wasnt because God went away, its because David had turned away. When he truly repented, and asked for forgiveness his joy was restored. He asked God to create in him a clean heart and to renew a right spirit within me.

David, despite all his flaws is known as 'a man after Gods own heart' and this is important because God wants you to know how much He loves you. That your heart belongs to Him! When he felt defeated and had noone, David encouraged himself, and he did this by writing and singing what was on his heart, and this is why we have the Book of PSalms today.

GOd has given you His spirit but sometimes it just needs a bit of stirring up. What does the heart do but pumps blood around the body. When its been broken and damaged or hardened means its not been working as it ought to. Its good you have identified this. But now you need to do something about it and not something you can fix on your own, when somethings wrong we ask the doctor. Well the the fact of the matter is Jesus gave his life for us. His heart bled for us. You need to apply Jesus blood and it is sort of like a blood transfusion. (But spiritually) Read John chapter 6.

Can broken hearts be mended? Yes through Jesus. Does it somehow click. Well to get a heart going again sometimes there is a little CPR involved. Or an injection which involves piercing of the skin. And radical surgery. JEsus was nailed to that cross and his body broken for us. But by his stripes (his floggings) we are healed. Offer your heart to Him and he can heal it.

Why I say heart is because from what I read your heart has been broken. You are trying to reconnect with God right? Well you just cant do that until you acknowledge His son.

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Are you having communion with Him. I mean do you partake with Him in the Lords supper.
Some churches do this once a month, others do it every week. Its when we remember what Jesus did for us.
You do realize that you don't have to wait until a church has communion to take Communion With The Lord!!
Blessings

Examine your heart. When David made a big mistake, and was having an affair with Bathsheba and trying to cover it up he felt far from God. It wasnt because God went away, its because David had turned away. When he truly repented, and asked for forgiveness his joy was restored. He asked God to create in him a clean heart and to renew a right spirit within me.

David, despite all his flaws is known as 'a man after Gods own heart' and this is important because God wants you to know how much He loves you. That your heart belongs to Him! When he felt defeated and had noone, David encouraged himself, and he did this by writing and singing what was on his heart, and this is why we have the Book of PSalms today.

GOd has given you His spirit but sometimes it just needs a bit of stirring up. What does the heart do but pumps blood around the body. When its been broken and damaged or hardened means its not been working as it ought to. Its good you have identified this. But now you need to do something about it and not something you can fix on your own, when somethings wrong we ask the doctor. Well the the fact of the matter is Jesus gave his life for us. His heart bled for us. You need to apply Jesus blood and it is sort of like a blood transfusion. (But spiritually) Read John chapter 6.

Can broken hearts be mended? Yes through Jesus. Does it somehow click. Well to get a heart going again sometimes there is a little CPR involved. Or an injection which involves piercing of the skin. And radical surgery. JEsus was nailed to that cross and his body broken for us. But by his stripes (his floggings) we are healed. Offer your heart to Him and he can heal it.

Why I say heart is because from what I read your heart has been broken. You are trying to reconnect with God right? Well you just cant do that until you acknowledge His son.
I am saved. I know God --- However I think I do have heart problem.
I feel like Christians who are saved and walking with God...they hear him and receiving answers ect
where as I am not. I cant even hear and I feel like maybe me even believing is a fluke
because I should be changing.

I used to be eager and excited,... but I can't do it. I can't hear his voice.. ive been saved 8 years.
I cant do anything..nothing is working. Its frustrating when you want to change and do good..
but can't

I feel really discoraged...

I don't know what else to do.

Idk maybe ..just for me.. I'm just supposed to just read, pray and just go to church and that's it.

maybe that's all there is for me.

because I cant figure this out.

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
I used to be eager and excited,... but I can't do it. I can't hear his voice.. ive been saved 8 years.
I cant do anything..nothing is working. Its frustrating when you want to change and do good..
but can't
If you adopt this attitude then yep that's what you will continue to have.
Look I ain't being mean here but come on and listen to the replies.

We all have gone through times such as this.
Once we got serious enough to do something , we learn that Scripture says Stir Your selves up in Him.

This tells us that if we are dry in any area then we must do something about it and God will meet us. Sometimes when we have not been serious enough to keep moving forward it starts out slow.

Meaning......You might just get checked.....
Do you really want to get close unto God simply to know Him and do His Will or just to get your needs met and only willing to give it a try or short go at it.....

Autumn it is Ultimately up to You and Not God. It's not your lot in life so don't sit back and settle. Get up and do something about it. Make it your NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.

It will happen if you Stop Giving Up and doing things your own way. You know what I mean there. :)

Just Stop Giving Up......Get it together and get your job done......
Blessings

If you adopt this attitude then yep that's what you will continue to have.
Look I ain't being mean here but come on and listen to the replies.

We all have gone through times such as this.
Once we got serious enough to do something , we learn that Scripture says Stir Your selves up in Him.

This tells us that if we are dry in any area then we must do something about it and God will meet us. Sometimes when we have not been serious enough to keep moving forward it starts out slow.

Meaning......You might just get checked.....
Do you really want to get close unto God simply to know Him and do His Will or just to get your needs met and only willing to give it a try or short go at it.....

Autumn it is Ultimately up to You and Not God. It's not your lot in life so don't sit back and settle. Get up and do something about it. Make it your NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.

It will happen if you Stop Giving Up and doing things your own way. You know what I mean there. :)

Just Stop Giving Up......Get it together and get your job done......
Blessings
I need a change of heart that's what I need.

Amens/Likes: Lanolin and Cturtle