Isaiah 51:12,15

I, even I, am He that comforteth you. Who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die and of the son of man which shall be made as grass?

But I am the LORD thy God, that divided the sea, whose waves roared; The LORD of hosts is His name. PERIOD!!

Amen

God's watches over his elect. It's wonderful to know that while God allows troubles he is also there to comfort us, help us and direct us.

We are so insignificant and yet God has chosen to be with us.

cp

I, even I, am He that comforteth you. Who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die and of the son of man which shall be made as grass?

But I am the LORD thy God, that divided the sea, whose waves roared; The LORD of hosts is His name. PERIOD!!

Amen
Short and too the point. I love the power and authority conveyed through this Scripture. Imagining what the Israelites must have been thinking and feeling in that situation literally within the power of God in that moment. I cannot fathom walking on dry ground where there should be a very wet sea. Looking on either side of me with enormous walls of water and immense darkness, I suspect. That sounds like such a liberating and miraculous story but to them I would estimate that they were scared to death and not nearly as optimistic as we are reading about it or seeing a cartoon version of it. Love it.

Back