Israel

Israel

My bros n sis' Isreal needs some serious prayer. I just read this in a news artical.

General News - Israel says Gaza assault 'war to the bitter end'

I know you have heard this before "we need to get right with God"
I feel it in my bones.
The stage is set n we r goin thru the scenes. I feel I need to put this out.
If you heve never accepted Christ as Lord n saviour, now is the time to do it. I cry for Isreal n also the rest of the world including myself, but my faith will carry me thru. I hope I'm makin sense to you all.
God Bless you ALL!!

Yes my dear Chili , you are making a lot of sense . It is a very volatile situation and i cmpletely agree that prayer is needed . We are told to pray for the peace of Israel.

I just can't imagine that I was just there the end of Nov. and it was so peaceful.

. Israel Goes to War in Gaza to Minimize Rocket Fire
In its largest military operation since the Second Lebanon War, Israel started what has begun as an intensive bombing campaign on December 27 against terrorists in the Gaza Strip with a goal to “try and minimize the launching capabilities of Hamas,” according to Israel Defense Forces Spokeswoman Maj. Avital Leibovitz, who spoke with Bridges for Peace. In the first few days the operation, named “Cast Lead,” struck at Hamas facilities, the office of Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, a weapons research and development center, 40 smuggling tunnels used to bring weapons into the Gaza Strip, and more.

Jerusalemonline.com reported the Palestinian casualty figures to be more than 300 in just the first three days of fighting, although Leibovitz noted that “the majority of the deaths are Hamas militants in uniform, and only a very small percentage are civilians.”

In response, Gaza terrorists have fired scores of rockets and mortars at Israel, with Leibovitz saying the attacks have reached Gan Yavne, approximately 35 kilometers [21.7 miles] from Gaza and just around 40 minutes from Tel Aviv. Despite the violence, Israel is working on trying to prevent a humanitarian crisis in Gaza as they have allowed convoys of humanitarian aid into the Strip. Leibovitz told said they have “no interest in harming the civilians in Gaza.”

Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs Deputy Spokesman Andy David told Bridges for Peace that Israel has tried to resolve the crisis with Hamas in less dramatic ways, from discussions to ceasefires to limited operations, but without success. “There is a point in time where you have to say enough is enough. You just have to walk in Sderot and see the children, how they’re terrified, how they’re traumatized [by rocket attacks],” said David. “There’s a point where leaders that are elected democratically have to defend the citizens of their country, and that point has arrived.”

(By Joshua Spurlock, BFP Israel Mosaic Radio, December 30, 2008)

Prayer Focus
Pray for Israel during this action designed to immobilize the terrorist infrastructure of Hamas in Gaza.

Scripture
“When you go to war in your land against the enemy who oppresses you, then you shall sound an alarm with the trumpets, and you will be remembered before the LORD your God, and you will be saved from your enemies” (Numbers 10:9).

Dear Jesus our Lord. I pray for Isreal which is your Holy land father. Please protect them and surround this land with your Holy Angels armed and ready for battle. I rebuke the devil in Jesus'name and all his ungodly servants. Get out of this land!!!
In Jesus' Holy name we pray. Amen:groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray:

The World Seethes as Israel Defends Itself

The international community was in uproar at the weekend [December 26–28] following Israel's decision to finally act against the relentless rain of rockets on Jewish communities in the south of the country. Only the United States and Great Britain indicated an understanding for the Israeli action and laid the blame for the crisis firmly at Hamas's door.

“Hamas’s continued rocket attacks into Israel must cease if the violence is to stop,” said White House spokesman Gordon Johndroe. US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said her country “strongly condemns the repeated rocket and mortar attacks against Israel and holds Hamas responsible for breaking the ceasefire and for the renewal of violence in Gaza.”

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown called on the Hamas terror group "to cease all rocket attacks on Israel immediately" and said that he could "understand the Israeli government’s sense of obligation to its population."

Both Britain and America cautioned Israel—which in any case always employs surgically-precise strikes against the terrorists rather than wide-open attacks on the terrorist-supporting civilians—to do everything possible to avoid "collateral damage." According to the London Sunday Times—the positions adopted by the Bush and Brown administrations put those nations on "a collision course with their European allies."

And [as] with other world leaders—United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon led a chorus of condemnations, Saturday saying he was "deeply alarmed" at Israel's use of "excessive" force and demanding an "immediate halt to all violence”. His bias was echoed by French President Nikolas Sarkozy and by a spokesman for the Russian Foreign Ministry.

The European Union demanded "an immediate ceasefire" and the United Nations Security Council issued a statement Sunday morning expressing "serious concern" and calling for "an immediate halt to all violence," as Israeli airstrikes against Hamas targets continued.

In Rome, Benedikt XVI pontificated that "the terrestrial homeland of Jesus cannot continue to be the witness of such bloodshed which is repeated ad infinitum." The pope implored the international community to do "all it can to help the Israelis and Palestinians on this dead-end road…and not to give in to the perverse logic of confrontation and violence but to favor the path of dialogue and negotiations." Arab responses were predictable

The press had its say too: media analysts believed neither Hamas nor Israel would heed the Security Council, and that its call really represented a "foundation" on which the nations would build an increasingly insistent demand for an end to the fighting.

Fumed the Sunday Times: "The wave of attacks marked a violent end to President George W Bush’s sporadic Middle East peace efforts." A Sky News reporter stated irresponsibly and inaccurately that in Gaza "women and children are dead and dying simply because of where they live." And CNN's Ralitsa Vasseliva said the "ceasefire" that had been in place had been weakened by, among other things, Israel's blockade of Gaza [an Israeli action in response to the rockets—Ed] and "increasingly hard lined positions by politicians on both sides."

(By Stan Goodenough, Jerusalem Newswire, December 28, 2008)
http://www.jnewswire.com/article/2597

Prayer Focus
Pray that the Lord will open the eyes of those who refuse to identify the Middle East problem as Islamic terrorism.

Scripture
“Then I sent to him, saying, ‘No such things as you say are being done, but you invent them in your own heart’” (Nehemiah 6:8).

:pray:
My kishkes (my "gut instinct") tells me that once Israel has starting bombing; that they will not stop until the enemy has been vanquished. We can already see that the UN is siding with Palestine and wants Israel to stop "excessive violence" :rolleyes: but says NOTHING about the 6K bombs that were lobbed into Israel last year alone from the Gaza strip! (I think I have that figure correct; or something like that anyways!)

God has defended Israel and according to His Word He will defend Israel for His Name's Sake... so let's also pray for the many nations; the U.S. among them who will come along side and allie with Israel. God will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse her.

Revelation 16:12-16
12And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. 16And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
:groupray:

For them to truly win they would virtually have to wipe out Palestine as there is no real way to distinguish one group from another. I expect a large mess with no real conclusion. The sad part is hamas wanted just what they got. They no that hatred has blinded the enemies of Israel to the point where they would see this attempt at self defense as "aggression".

Worshipper .... you are so right and after having been there myself I really feel more compelled to pray for the Jewish peoples and their country as God has told us to do .

I can't help thinking of the sight in your scripture .... Megido or Armageddon . To think I was actually standing on the very ground where all will take place when Jesus comes .

Revelation 16:12-16
12And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. 16And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon

100_1555.jpg

100_1559.jpg

I was watching a movie this last 3 days on TBS. They were showing "Left behind" It was about the rapture. It was very interesting but also very scary. Even some of the believers were left behind. I think it was like that so they could help the rest of the population come to Christ who ever did not believe and to reinforce the believers faith. it was as humbling as "The Passion"

IDF: We're Ready for Battle

Israeli forces are ready to embark on a ground assault in Gaza, a Israel Defense Forces [IDF] senior military officer told Ynet December 31, adding that "anyone who thinks we'll be conducting ourselves gently is wrong…Hamas has indeed prepared for this, but so did we.” IDF officers say they are closely familiar with Hamas's military buildup but add that troops are prepared for the mission ahead.

Ever since the Second Lebanon War, the IDF has been engaged in intensive training sessions and preparations ahead of a possible clash in the Strip. A ground assault on Gaza will be a challenge, yet military officials are saying loud and clear: "We're ready. In recent years, Hamas has been engaged in a military buildup ahead of a possible IDF incursion. IDF officials familiar with the group's efforts say the organization comprises more than 15,000 troops, including Special Forces members and intelligence personnel.

Hamas's army has been built in a hierarchical manner, and includes divisions, regiments, and platoons. The group's forces underwent an orderly training program, with some Hamas members sent for training in Syria and Iran. Moreover, Gaza Strip tunnels, some of which were destroyed in IDF bombings in recent days, have been used for smuggling in large quantities of explosives, the IDF says. The weapons that poured into Gaza include anti-tank rockets.

Army officials say IDF troops should be expecting "nature reserves," similarly to what soldiers encountered in Lebanon while fighting Hizbullah. Hamas is believed to have prepared numerous underground sites containing various weapons. Military officials estimate that similarly to Hizbullah, which had some "surprises" for the IDF during the Second Lebanon War, Hamas may also be in possession of arms that Israel has no knowledge of.

"During the confrontation, Hamas will attempt to operate in an orderly manner and utilize many types of arms, such as explosive devices, snipers, and cells that will attempt to hit our forces," an IDF officer said. "We prepared in terms of protective equipment and also engaged in training exercises in order to address these threats.

The IDF's first challenge in case of a ground assault will likely be in the form of roadside bombs aimed at targeting tanks and armored vehicles. Hamas is believed to have dug pits in many Gaza roads and placed powerful explosive devices underground before covering them with cement. However, the Air Force's massive assault in the early days of Operation Cast Lead damaged dozens of Hamas facilities and may undermine the group's efforts.

(By Hanan Greenberg, Ynetnews.com, January 1, 2009)
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3648451,00.html

Prayer Focus
Read through this story carefully and then pray for the Israeli soldiers. Pray that their path will be set before them and they will succeed in the mission against terrorism.

Scripture
“For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways” (Psalm 91:11).

I also take great comfort in knowing God is in control. It was just interesting to hear about someone who was 'on the inside' and now a Christian giving us the scoop.

New EU President Declares Czech-Mate!

January 1 signaled more than a New Year. It also brought the Czech Republic into the rotating presidency of the European Union. Czech Foreign Minister Karel Schwarzenberg, who will be the EU president for the next six months immediately, commented on the Middle East situation. “Let us realize one thing; Hamas steeply increased the number of rockets fired at Israel since the ceasefire ended on December 19. That is not acceptable any more,” he said in an interview with the Mlada Fronta Dnes daily.

Schwarzenberg, a well-known Israel supporter suggested Hamas had excluded itself from serious political debate by its aggressive, militancy. In a statement that echoed around the world the new EU President asked, “Why am I one of the few that expressed understanding for Israel?...I enjoy the luxury of telling the truth!”

The next six months within the EU will be of great interest. Their new president told the newspaper he will work for closer relations between the EU and Israel.

(By Ron Ross, BFP Israel Mosaic Radio, January 1, 2009)

Prayer Focus
Praise God that senior leaders are proclaiming their support for Israel and denouncing the terrorist activities of Hamas.

Scripture
“Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity ” (Psalm 94:16).

let us pray for both the innocent Israelis and the innocent Palestines... Yes,the Hammas and so are bad people but we cant wipe out the whole of Palestine...
Every time Israel drops a bomb on an innocent palestine child who was playing in a room God gets sad...if Israel had to BOMB and kill my innocent child i would also take arms and fight "my enemy"...and so would all of you...
Let us pray for both sides as we are all equally Gods children...
If the Hamas and others are Evil and work with the Devil they will be taken care of...
Lets Pray,God bless us all:)

let us pray for both the innocent Israelis and the innocent Palestines... Yes,the Hammas and so are bad people but we cant wipe out the whole of Palestine...
Every time Israel drops a bomb on an innocent palestine child who was playing in a room God gets sad...if Israel had to BOMB and kill my innocent child i would also take arms and fight "my enemy"...and so would all of you...
Let us pray for both sides as we are all equally Gods children...
If the Hamas and others are Evil and work with the Devil they will be taken care of...
Lets Pray,God bless us all:)

Yes of course OOgi. There are two sides to this issue and I too do not like seeing innocent bistanders getting killed .

Prayer is the key to this volotile situation. War is not the way to solve all these problems .

Israel Battles the Gaza "Death Industry"

One of the main upsets expressed by the international media, when Israel is at war, refers to the death or injury to “the civilians.” Indeed this is a sad statistic and it offends our human nature to see the innocent suffer. But that is not the case in the hardnosed world of Islamic terrorism. The Hamas radicals speak openly of a “death industry.” They explain that a good Muslim seeks martyrdom and desires death.

A Hamas spokesman addressing the Palestinian Authority [PA] legislative council this year spoke of his pride in using women and children as human shields. He said, “Palestinians desire death with the same intensity that Israelis desire life.”

The Palestinian Media Watch monitored a recent program broadcast by Al Aqsa TV (Hamas). Hamas representative Fathi Hamad said: “For the Palestinian people death became an industry, at which women excel and so do all people on this land; the elderly excel, the Jihad fighters excel, and the children excel. Accordingly [Palestinians] created a human shield of women, children, the elderly, and Jihad fighters against the Zionist bombing machine, as if they were saying to the Zionist enemy, ‘We desire death as you desire life.’”

It is a sad case of ignorant journalism when Western writers blame Israel for a strategy, which Hamas believes honors Allah. By calling on their people to die, they actually believe they are serving him.

In another Al Aqsa TV report a Palestinian girl spoke emotionally about the death of her family members killed in an Israeli bombing raid. The girl said: “We were sleeping seven girls in the room. We were asleep and didn’t know what was happening. In the morning the bricks were on top of my head, and on the heads of all my sisters. My 4-year-old sisters lying next to me, was dead.”

She was asked: How many were you? “Seven. In the other room were my mother, my father, my younger brother, and another sister, who is 13-days-old,” she said. Then came her staggering assessment: “I say, Hamas is the cause, in the first place, of all wars!” (Al Aqsa TV, Dec 29, 2008)

So before you believe the inept, ill-informed stories of journalists who write from the comfort of an air-conditioned office, far from the action, think about the truth.

Many people in Gaza hope and pray Israel will remove Hamas from the brutal administration of their lives. The Middle East is being subjected to a continued barrage of bloodthirsty thuggery and God bless Israel as it alone seeks to end the misery for everyone.

(By Ron Ross, BFP Israel Mosaic Radio, December 30, 2008)

Prayer Focus
Pray that life will overcome death and the so-called “death industry” will claim no more innocent victims.

Scripture
“See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil” (Deuteronomy 30:15).

Back