It's a chili sunday!!

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
It's a chili sunday!!

A new 1 It turned out soooo good. It's for the public but MY bowl has GC in it would you expect anything else? GB4ME, PP you guys can kick it up a notch to your liking. I did. So here it is

[SIZE=-1]This chile is not too hot and has great flavor.I say without beans it's great for chili dogs. It made enough for about 8 hungry people.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1] 3 pounds New York steak, cut into small pieces
1 pound ground chuck (15%)
1 Link Linguisa sausage, small dice
2 medium white onion,small dice
2 Lg cans Kidney beans (I like lots of beans)
1 Lg can Whole tomatoes (Progresso w/Basil) I cheated and used the maters from my garden....Romas!
2 sm cans diced tomatos I cheated again and used early girls from my garden. MMMMMMMMMMMM
8 Cloves garlic, minced
3 Tablespoons Ground Coriander
2 Tablespoons Mexican Oregano
1 1/2 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
1 Tbs Sweet Paprika
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
2 TBS Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 TBS Brown Sugar
1 TBS Semisweet chocolate
1 Chipotle chile, dried, left whole
1 tsp Ancho Chile, powder (dump at last hr)
1 tsp New Mex chile powder (dump at last hr)

Chile base:
2 ounces dried Ancho chile I used fresh fine chopped from my garden, I cheated again.
1 ounce dried New Mexican chile
1 dried chipotle or a GC you gals know what I mean LOL It adds a nice kick to the pot
4 cups water (approx)
[SIZE=-1]Chile Base:
Remove stems and seeds from chiles (reserve ancho seeds if desired)*. Lightly toast in skillet. Add chiles to blender with water. Mix till well blended. Add water as necessary to keep it going. [/SIZE]

In a large heavy pot, over med-high heat, Cook beef in batches and reserve on side. Add sausage and cook for one minute over med-high heat. Add onion and cook for a few minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 min. Add meat back to the pot and add rest of ingredients (minus the beans) Cook over med-low heat and simmer for a few hours. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]An hour before serving, add rinsed beans and rest of cumin, oregano. Taste for seasoning (I added the two chile powders here) and simmer for one hour. This makes a pretty thick chili and may need to be thinned out. I used beef broth made from the steak bones and some vegies.

[SIZE=-1]This is a chili to die for. I added chilis to my liking but it is made for YOU!! Kick it how you like it!! God Bless you[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Chili out n scarfing out!! LOL[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Today is the day God has made. Be glad and rejoice in it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]TY Jesus for giving me the bounty to make this chili. YOU are so GOOD to me!! Amen
Dang!!! that's alot of ingredients..looks like you bought out the entire grocery store Matt.:p:p:p
But what the hay, as long as it's good, is what counts and it does sound soooooo delish..ABSOLUTLEY!!!!!!

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
Speaking of 'chili' - it was 37 degrees F. in my location this morning... I could have used some 'chili'...LOL... :D

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
Pastor Gary, you must live in the mountains.:D:p

Actually, this time of the year, my family and I are at our northern states Rectory in Wisconsin approximately 70 miles from the Upper Michigan border. As I mentioned before - Wisconsin has Four Seasons - June, July, August and Winter... :eek: