Its not over till its over

It's Not Over Till It's Over
Withstand [the devil]; be firm in faith [against his onset—rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined], knowing that the same (identical) sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace...will Himself complete and make you what you ought to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen and settle you.
– 1 Peter 5:9-10, The Amplified Bible
igCW-fNDKUEOjISjt8d8y_2p7T-ziHUmreoqtHcVihGKAo_X1prOoqR7J9Oo0eYmCyAzYRwJ4Cv8v2aPiG6_g31xuhxo20Rpm5ydDoZyBIIkP_8TBvCAjcmwf0NnLLLIdOyDWg=s0-d-e1-ft

No matter how long you’ve been living by faith, no matter how much you’ve learned about it, every once in a while you’re going to suffer a setback. You’re going to run into some circumstances that just don’t turn out the way you expect them to.

When that happens, remember this: Those setbacks are just temporary. You may have lost a battle, but you’re not going to lose the war. Just get up and go at it again.

“But I don’t understand it,” you say. “I did the best I could. I walked in all the truth I knew to walk in. Why didn’t I get the victory?”

Because there was something you didn’t know! It shouldn’t shock you too much that there are things you don’t know about the realm of the spirit. Ken and I have been in the ministry since 1967. We’ve spent untold hours in the Word. Yet it seems like the more we learn, the more we realize we don’t know.

So, when we get to a situation where we can’t seem to get victory we have to ask God for more wisdom. If you’ll look in 2 Samuel 21, you can see a time when King David had to do that. His country had been suffering from a famine for three years and David just didn’t understand it, so he inquired of the Lord. You know what the Lord told him? He told him the famine had come because of something Saul had done! Isn’t that amazing? Saul had been dead for years, yet what he’d put in motion in the realm of the spirit was still affecting his country.

David could have just given up when his usual confessions of faith and ways of praying didn’t drive out that famine, but he didn’t. He inquired of God for more wisdom. He used his temporary setback to cause him to seek more knowledge from God.

Follow his example! Overcome the habit of quitting because of temporary setbacks. Refuse to let them knock you out of the game. After all, this thing’s not over till it’s over. And the Bible says when it’s all over, you’ll have won. So just be steadfast in your faith. In the end your victory is guaranteed.
igCW-fNDKUEOjISjt8d8y_2p7T-ziHUmreoqtHcVihGKAo_X1prOoqR7J9Oo0eYmCyAzYRwJ4Cv8v2aPiG6_g31xuhxo20Rpm5ydDoZyBIIkP_8TBvCAjcmwf0NnLLLIdOyDWg=s0-d-e1-ft

Scripture Reading: 2 Samuel 21:1-6

© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

Thanks for this encouraging word. It really spoke to me.
When I go on the prayer forum and read all the prayer requests even though each situation is different they are what Ive been through too that is why I can pray for the same. Sometimes the answer is not straight away and even if We dont really know what to pray for, the holy spirit can help us to pray and give us wisdom about whats going on in the spiritual realm.

The scripture says some prayers are hindered why, because if you are married and your spouse doesnt agree with your prayers they not going to get through! When two or three are gathered in my name I am in their midst (thats why it cant be just one person praying....if you not married or dont have a prayer partner you can ask the holy spirit to help you) . Also Matthew 18:19 tells is if two on earth are agreed in anything they ask for, it will be done by my Father in heaven.

That is why its so important to say AMEN at end of each prayer. It means you agree with what is being said!! And it will get through. All the promises of God are YES and Amen right?

Right... all God's promises are yes and Amen that's something that never changes. The things that make the wait longer (or hinder our prayers) is us. Our Words not lining up with His, our actions and attitudes and where we are in life. Are we doing all those things that Adonai has called us/commanded us in His Word to do. Do we have any disobedience in our life?

If we're married are we in strife with our spouse? Or doing things behind their back? Or even not treating them or others right... getting our mouths in trouble, and letting our frustrations get us out of Walking in Love with them or others. So many things can be a hinderances.

But praise the Almighty... we do have repentance and forgiveness if we ask... and we have the Holy Spirit that will lead us and guide us into the truth if we allow and submit to His leading. HE will be our 2nd prayer partner if we have no other one around. So in Matthew where it says if two or more are gathered... He will partner with us and be our 2. :) glory!

1 Peter 3:7 talks to husbands especially...guess what if you dont treat your wives with honor, your prayers are going to be hindered.

I think that can also means if a husband is being selfish and only praying for himself you know what, his wife isnt going to agree to those prayers. David found he hit a brick wall with his prayers when he comitted adultery with Bathsheba. Why isnt God answering my prayers..cries David well....God isnt going to give a victory to someone who violates his commandments. After he repented God forgave him victory.

It's Not Over Till It's Over
Withstand [the devil]; be firm in faith [against his onset—rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined], knowing that the same (identical) sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace...will Himself complete and make you what you ought to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen and settle you.
– 1 Peter 5:9-10, The Amplified Bible

No matter how long you’ve been living by faith, no matter how much you’ve learned about it, every once in a while you’re going to suffer a setback. You’re going to run into some circumstances that just don’t turn out the way you expect them to.

When that happens, remember this: Those setbacks are just temporary. You may have lost a battle, but you’re not going to lose the war. Just get up and go at it again.

“But I don’t understand it,” you say. “I did the best I could. I walked in all the truth I knew to walk in. Why didn’t I get the victory?”

Because there was something you didn’t know! It shouldn’t shock you too much that there are things you don’t know about the realm of the spirit. Ken and I have been in the ministry since 1967. We’ve spent untold hours in the Word. Yet it seems like the more we learn, the more we realize we don’t know.

So, when we get to a situation where we can’t seem to get victory we have to ask God for more wisdom. If you’ll look in 2 Samuel 21, you can see a time when King David had to do that. His country had been suffering from a famine for three years and David just didn’t understand it, so he inquired of the Lord. You know what the Lord told him? He told him the famine had come because of something Saul had done! Isn’t that amazing? Saul had been dead for years, yet what he’d put in motion in the realm of the spirit was still affecting his country.

David could have just given up when his usual confessions of faith and ways of praying didn’t drive out that famine, but he didn’t. He inquired of God for more wisdom. He used his temporary setback to cause him to seek more knowledge from God.

Follow his example! Overcome the habit of quitting because of temporary setbacks. Refuse to let them knock you out of the game. After all, this thing’s not over till it’s over. And the Bible says when it’s all over, you’ll have won. So just be steadfast in your faith. In the end your victory is guaranteed.

Scripture Reading: 2 Samuel 21:1-6

© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved
Thanks for sharing.

Back