James 4:6-7

James 4:6-7 King James Version (KJV)
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

James 4:6-7 New Life Version (NLV)

6 But He gives us more loving-favor. For the Holy Writings say, “God works against the proud but gives loving-favor to those who have no pride.” A)" data-cr="#cen-NLV-30344A" style="box-sizing: border-box">7 So give yourselves to God. Stand against the devil and he will run away from you.

New Life Version (NLV) Copyright © 1969 by Christian Literature International

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

6 God will provide all the grace we need and while we shouldn’t openly choose sin but try to walk away from sin when we do sin we have God’s grace. God’s grace isn’t an excuse for sin but the hope for sin, a hope that never runs out. We have to just come to Him for grace, we have to admit we need His grace; many will face hell because they were too prideful to admit they needed Jesus.

7 We are to give our all to Jesus knowing He wants fellowship with us but we are the ones who need Him. It is only thru the power of the Lord that we can stand against sin and the devil. The devil will flee us if we seek Christ, we also can fight our own flesh if we desire Jesus.

James was my first favorite book of the Bible. How much peace is there in just humbly submitting your whole self before Jesus?!?! Like whew!

Been thinking about how much sin he took on on that Cross today. Like...I think about all the sin in my life, then all the sin in the people in my church's lives (or this forum's members) and then all the Christians alive right now, and then going backwards and forwards through time!!!!!! It's got me on my knees and all fired up at once.

So. Much. Grace.

Back