James 5:16-18

KJV 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. 17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.
WEB 16 Confess your offenses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The insistent prayer of a righteous person is powerfully effective. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain, and it didn’t rain on the earth for three years and six months. 18 He prayed again, and the sky gave rain, and the earth brought forth its fruit.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

16 We should be accountable to one another, this is not for forgiveness of sins because that only comes thru Jesus but this is for us to overcome our sins and for us to help each other in doing right. We should pray for each other, prayer is very important and something we should do for each other. Healing can come by prayer thru Jesus. Our prayers have power and we have power together being like minded in Jesus.

17 God answered his prayer and had a plan for it, our prayers need to be for God’s will to happen.

18 This would be an event that would turn people back to the Lord. Our prayer can move other people to the Lord.

KJV 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. 17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.
WEB 16 Confess your offenses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The insistent prayer of a righteous person is powerfully effective. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain, and it didn’t rain on the earth for three years and six months. 18 He prayed again, and the sky gave rain, and the earth brought forth its fruit.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

16 We should be accountable to one another, this is not for forgiveness of sins because that only comes thru Jesus but this is for us to overcome our sins and for us to help each other in doing right. We should pray for each other, prayer is very important and something we should do for each other. Healing can come by prayer thru Jesus. Our prayers have power and we have power together being like minded in Jesus.

17 God answered his prayer and had a plan for it, our prayers need to be for God’s will to happen.

18 This would be an event that would turn people back to the Lord. Our prayer can move other people to the Lord.

I have been on both sides of this subject when it comes to the subject of faults that need to be addressed.

I remember when I sinned once (one of many) and this time it affected my entire being for a long time; more than other times. Besides praying for forgiveness it seemed for months and years to Jesus and our Father for forgiveness, I also could not help myself from confiding in another or a few brethren and discussed this sin with them, individually. I wanted to be truthful with God our Father, our Lord and Savior and with the body of Christ. It seemed I was lead to do all this by the spirit of God, as a close family member would do.

I have also prayed for brethren when I knew they carried sin and it was affecting their lives; usually without their knowledge. I also felt lead to do so a close family member in Christ.

I believe once we experience what this portion of scripture prescribes, it becomes contagious; even when prayer is sometimes not answered the way we want it to, on our own timeline . I for one want to do more when the opportunity arises, to help ourselves and others in the body of Christ through pray that heals the body of Christ. When one hurts, we all hurt inside as we all share in the divine nature of God.

APAK

I have been on both sides of this subject when it comes to the subject of faults that need to be addressed.

I remember when I sinned once (one of many) and this time it affected my entire being for a long time; more than other times. Besides praying for forgiveness it seemed for months and years to Jesus and our Father for forgiveness, I also could not help myself from confiding in another or a few brethren and discussed this sin with them, individually. I wanted to be truthful with God our Father, our Lord and Savior and with the body of Christ. It seemed I was lead to do all this by the spirit of God, as a close family member would do.

I have also prayed for brethren when I knew they carried sin and it was affecting their lives; usually without their knowledge. I also felt lead to do so a close family member in Christ.

I believe once we experience what this portion of scripture prescribes, it becomes contagious; even when prayer is sometimes not answered the way we want it to, on our own timeline . I for one want to do more when the opportunity arises, to help ourselves and others in the body of Christ through pray that heals the body of Christ. When one hurts, we all hurt inside as we all share in the divine nature of God.

APAK

Hello APAK;

Your post hit home with me. Just yesterday I had a "letting down the guard of my tongue." My sister in law who seems to do all life's business stuff, e.g. insurance documents, home financing, medical forms in their marriage/family, comes to us quite frequently to help her.

I vented to my wife, "WHERE IS HER HUSBAND (MY BROTHER IN LAW) EVERYTIME SHE COMES TO US FOR HELP WITH THEIR PERSONAL BUSINESS"?

He always has a hand in all their personal business decisions but never seems to be around when she needs help so she comes to us.

My wife just looked at me, the way she looks at me. I knew better, I really did, but didn't practice better. Well, I fell in my sin because anger and bitterness toward my brother in law set deep in my heart.

Anger and bitterness can linger in me and last for a period of time. So I took a step back and went into prayer. I didn't feel the bitter lingering go away, just yet. I had to come to terms of "why" I had this grievance against my brother in law. I confessed and asked my wife for forgiveness.

My wife is very close to her youngest sister and helping her was a way of loving her, no matter what. My brother in law does work hard and they both have done a great job raising their grown up daughters, 17 and 23.

The Lord put on my heart, its like lifting a drought and bringing forth rain when they receive our help. Praise Him for everything!

I'm going to speak with my brother in law and apologize, and then suggest next time they both come over together so we can help them, teach them, so they can help themselves.

This scripture that Clark Thompson shared reminded me of yesterday but will add another Word. The Lord gave me in my prayer time;
Proverbs 16:32, 32 Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.

My wife prayed for me as she has done all these years. I felt forgiven and a release from the linger of bitterness and saw how the Lord revealed to me, we all have a ministry of helps that can produce blessings for others.

I have known my sister and brother in law since they were teens. They are my family and when I can be of help to them, my wife appreciates it.

Thank you for sharing your post, APAK. God bless you and your family.

Back