Jesus — A Servant

Jesus — A Servant

:preach:

Mathew 20:20-28

Believers like to talk about Jesus as Lord, as Master, and especially as Savior, but rarely is He mentioned as “Jesus the Servant.†Yet describing His own mission, Christ said, “The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many†(v. 28). He entered the world to offer Himself for the Father’s purpose and mankind’s need.

The Cross was the ultimate sacrifice for others. Every human is born into slavery, a captive of sin. Jesus’ death paid the ransom, purchasing our freedom with His blood. Consider what that means: Jesus voluntarily exchanged His glory for flesh because only as a human could He experience sin—He didn’t break God’s laws, but He allowed His purity to be violated by our transgressions. In fact, God made Jesus “who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf†so that we could gain freedom from our captivity (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Jesus took on Himself every bit of sin — past, present, and future — committed by humanity. Our sinless Savior suddenly and painfully felt the burden of guilt, the weight of a tarnished soul, and a wretched separation from His Father. He suffered the injustice of dying for our sin in order that God’s holiness and our imperfection could be reconciled. Jesus was the Father’s servant, agreeing to an atonement plan that made Him a sacrifice.

Jesus is your servant as well. He humbly endured the punishment you deserved. To receive the benefit of His sacrifice, you need only ask His forgiveness and receive Him into your life. Then you, too, can know the servant, Jesus, as Savior and Lord!
:amen:

The first will be last and the last will be first. The heart hungry for glory and power will always be an empty one. True satisfaction comes from walking with the Master.

Jesus is your servant as well. He humbly endured the punishment you deserved. To receive the benefit of His sacrifice, you need only ask His forgiveness and receive Him into your life. Then you, too, can know the servant, Jesus, as Savior and Lord!
:amen:

Praise God for Jesus who was the perfect Sacrificial Lamb who bore everything for me on that cruel cross of Calvary.

Thankyou Pastor Rick.:preach:

How many of our religious leaders would humble themselves to wash the dirty, stinky, feet of their disciples. I have been blessed to wash the feet of my Lord's disciples. We did it as a lesson in humility at a church camp, very good lesson.

I am not worthy!!!

I thank God for his grace. I thank Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ for remembering a small, insignificant sinner as myself and paying such a terrible price as this.

I am overwhelmed by the love he has shown us.

:pray:

Back