Jesus is the Old Testament- God cleanses our sin!

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

Jesus is the Old Testament- God cleanses our sin!

Lev 14:2 This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest:
Lev 14:3 And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the plague of leprosy be healed in the leper;

Leprosy in the Old Testament was a type and shadow of sin. But what would God's provision for sin be?
Lev 14:4 Then shall the priest command to take for him that is to be cleansed two birds alive and clean, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop:
The cedar wood was used to build the Kings palace and also to build the Temple- wood generally denotes humanity , the color scarlet represents the shed blood and the hyssop was used to purge and cleanse
Lev 14:5 And the priest shall command that one of the birds be killed in an earthen vessel over running water:
Lev 14:6 As for the living bird, he shall take it, and the cedar wood, and the scarlet, and the hyssop, and shall dip them and the living bird in the blood of the bird that was killed over the running water:

One would was sacrificed that the other may go free- the sacrificial bird was killed over running water ( the River of God, the Holy Spirit) in an earthen vessel (the very living God coming in human form) the living (freed bird) would be dipped in the blood sacrifice and thus cleansed.
Lev 14:7 And he shall sprinkle upon him that is to be cleansed from the leprosy seven times, and shall pronounce him clean, and shall let the living bird loose into the open field.
Seven is known as the number of God's perfection and this sacrifice was a complete atoning - when the leper (sinner) was sprinkled with the cleansing blood He was free from his condition (sin and death).
Lev 14:8 And he that is to be cleansed shall wash his clothes, and shave off all his hair, and wash himself in water, that he may be clean: and after that he shall come into the camp, and shall tarry abroad out of his tent seven days.
The cleansed man shall then wash (Eph 5:26 washing in the water of the Word).
Hallelujah !Thank You Father that Jesus came in an earthen vessel to pay my price and set me free! Thank You Father that I am washed in your Word and my life is forever changed! I am free, I am healed, I am delivered!

Back