I have known the Lord Jesus Christ since I was a young child. I was convicted of sin, and I wept in repentance as I called out to my Lord in prayer, accepting him as my Lord and Savior, believing in him to cleanse me of my sins and to make me a new person in Christ. I continued to get to know him as I sat daily at his feet, praying and reading his word, listening to him speak to my heart, and as I followed him in obedience to what his desire was for my life.

This has been a work in progress, though. That is why the Bible describes our salvation in this way – I am saved, I am being saved, and I will be saved. Some call this the process of sanctification. Although we are forgiven of our sins when we believe in Jesus, and he cleanses us and he delivers us from the punishment and the control of sin over our lives, the Christian walk of faith is a process of putting off the things of our flesh and putting on the things of God. It is a process of forsaking sin and walking in his Spirit in his righteousness and holiness. And, we need him daily to lead us and guide us through this process so that we walk in his truth and in his ways.

Jesus, Lead Me / An Original Work / July 22, 2011

Jesus, lead me all the way.
Be my hope and be my stay.
Gently lead me where I should go,
So Your Spirit, I want to know.
Open up my heart to You.
Fill me with Your love and truth.
Make my heart want to obey.
Be my Lord today. Gently lead always.

Jesus, lover of my soul,
Cleanse my heart, and make me whole;
Be transformed in my heart today,