Jesus Saves

When I first found out that Jesus Saves, oh what pressure was lifted off my weary soul. Nuns are suppose to be an example of the Christ walk. My walk at that time became all about me, myself and I playing the "good example" performance role. Oh Lord!! My new found knowledge of "Jesus Saves" became "Oh Lord--Thank you for saving me from myself!! Please don't misunderstand my comments here, but I had to leave the convent before I understood that all the "good works" I was doing were misguided brownie points to gain my own merit badge for heaven. (unlike dear Mother Theresa of Calcutta).
We all have a unique salvation moment and that my dear friends was a huge part of mine.

Hello Blest;

Thank you for sharing your nun ministry. Did you serve in the monastery or was your ministry semi-cloistered? As a child I attended a Catholic school during the 1st and 2nd grade. If I can remember my teachers were nuns who also resided on the school campus.

Today our church (Southern Baptist) purchases the communion toasts from a nun's monastery within our community. But in 2020 we had to order from a different vendor because they provide the "Communion Kits."

More important, we established a special relationship with our sisters and pray for each other year round.

God bless you, Blest, and your family.

My eldest daughter called me just as I was ready to answer the above post. Sorry for the delay.
I was in a teaching order (Notre Dame--not cloistered).
As for the communion hosts, yes, the majority are made by cloistered nuns.

I left the catholic church when i was in my 20's. All my female family were catholic and I love the catholic people.
Both my junior and bigh school were run by convents and they were terrific . My firm mistress, for the last 2 years of high school was a nun. She was a lovely person and loved God so much. There were many things she told us and are still remembered by me to this day.

Back