John. T. - Welcome to the Forum

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
John. T. - Welcome to CFS

We ask this of all new members,
Please look over the following forum links and familiarize yourself with them. This will allow you to have a safe and enjoyable time here in the Forum.

Again, this is just forum procedure and required reading for all new members.
  1. Forum Policies and Procedures
  2. Topics which May Not Be Discussed in the open forum.
If you have any questions or navigation issues, please feel free to contact a Moderator or Helper and we will do what we can to help you with things.

Welcome to the Forum.

Hello Pastor Gary,

I'm glad I found your site today. I've looked for a new Christian site several times in the past year but all the sites I looked at were just as argumentative as the site I usually post on now. While I was checking out this site I read a post by a man who said he had a similar problem. He pointed out that we come to these sites to build our faith. But then he said the people on his old site damage his faith more than they help. I knew exactly what he meant. I guess God is with me because all the yrs of arguments I've endured on my other site finally made my faith get stronger. Even so, it's exhausting to know that whatever I say over there someone will disagree with me. To be quite honest, I don't even like to debate and when it concerns God I find that debates are at best, useless. So I'm expecting CFS to be like a breath of fresh air. :)

John - Thank you for your observation and comments. CFS is unlike most other religion based forums. As you review our Rules, you will understand the Vision that our founder had back in 2006 - to make CFS a friendly haven for Christians to gather in fellowship and friendship without demeaning, arguing or anger because of Belief System differences..

Again, welcome to CFS.

Hello Pastor Gary,

I'm glad I found your site today. I've looked for a new Christian site several times in the past year but all the sites I looked at were just as argumentative as the site I usually post on now. While I was checking out this site I read a post by a man who said he had a similar problem. He pointed out that we come to these sites to build our faith. But then he said the people on his old site damage his faith more than they help. I knew exactly what he meant. I guess God is with me because all the yrs of arguments I've endured on my other site finally made my faith get stronger. Even so, it's exhausting to know that whatever I say over there someone will disagree with me. To be quite honest, I don't even like to debate and when it concerns God I find that debates are at best, useless. So I'm expecting CFS to be like a breath of fresh air. :)

Hello John T.

Thank you for joining Christian Forum Site and I hope you enjoy the fellowship with your new friends in Christ here.

I feel there are many, many anointed Christian sites on the internet and this is largely attributed to trained, seasoned Christian leadership (moderator and administrator staff) that pray daily and proclaim the site they serve belongs to God, which is why, sadly, and I stress sadly, there are also many Christian sites in discord daily, causing diversions instead of the teachings of Christ Jesus.

John, back when the internet was new I experienced two sites that was so combative over Scripture, topics and fierce debate (can you imagine, contention while sitting at our keyboards,) that my heart was heavily troubled late one night in particular and lost sleep. This carried with me into the next day's church service. I ended up leaving our church!!! The second site carried so much strife, almost on a daily basis that I requested my account closed.

This was 15 years ago.

In my prayer time I asked God to search my heart and lead me to a Christian site where I can serve Him, first, before posting with my brothers and sisters in Christ. I'm not a multi-member with several Christian sites but enjoy serving at one site, thus the one I'm serving today.

Since joining your new friends at CFS, I'm asking you and all of us to pray and include Christian sites that are struggling with internal division. I'm sure all Christian sites desire loving coexistent fellowship over division, its just that some don't know how to fix it.

God bless you, John and your family.

Last edited:
Hi Bobinfaith,
Your experience on the site 15 yrs go sounds a lot like what I've gone through. I think I started joining Christian sites in 2010. For maybe 1 yr I was posting on up to 3 concurrently but I've been exclusive to 1 site for about the last 5 yrs. I think their problem is they want to welcome any and all people who consider Jesus their Lord. This sounds like a wonderful philosophy but in practice it leads to endless disputes. To make matters worse their registered membership numbers in 60,000 range although probably only a few hundred are active at any time. Some members are senior citizens such as myself, but others are quite young. Most of them refuse to make their age public but when a poster has a major problem with a parent that usually indicates it's a young person, maybe even a teenager. IMO the fact that a teen may be reading my posts means certain topics should be off limits. But very few of them have displayed this level of maturity. However, all this has lead to me growing in the Lord. Sadly, most of them are not interested in growing in the Lord, moreover they don't even think we need to grow in the Lord. I've been a Christian some 40 yrs and I wasn't always as I am now. I remember back in 90's I was reading an editorial by a well know preacher. This man used to hold meetings all over the country so he got to meet all kinds of believers. One principle this man believed was if we want more from God than mere salvatiion we need to grow in the Lord. This preacher would ask believers how old they were in the Lord. He said he often heard a believer say he was 20 yrs old or more in the Lord, but the reality is they were 1 yr old in the Lord 20 times. This sounded funny when the preacher said it, I don't write with his finesse. My point is I agree with that preacher, if we want favors from God we have to grow. The obvious question is how do we grow. There are several ways, prayer, Bible reading, but I'm most concerned with cleaning up my life. I think the Bible says quite clearly we ought not to be sinning. This is where some believers will agree but others consider them fighting words.

Be that as it may, it lead to me finding this board. I do think I'll have a different experience here.

God Bless

Hello, John. T. Welcome!!! It's great to have you join :)

The obvious question is how do we grow. There are several ways, prayer, Bible reading, but I'm most concerned with cleaning up my life. I think the Bible says quite clearly we ought not to be sinning. This is where some believers will agree but others consider them fighting words.
When I read this, the following immediately came to mind. So, I thought I'd share.

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. 10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
[2 Peter 1:3-10 KJV]

Back