Jonah 3:3-4

Jonah 3:3-4 King James Version (KJV)
3 So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.
4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.

Jonah 3:3-4 International Children’s Bible (ICB)

3 So Jonah obeyed the Lord. He got up and went to Nineveh. It was a very large city. It took a person three days just to walk across it. 4 Jonah entered the city. When he had walked for one day, he preached to the people. He said, “After 40 days, Nineveh will be destroyed!”

International Children’s Bible (ICB) The Holy Bible, International Children’s Bible® Copyright© 1986, 1988, 1999, 2015 by Tommy Nelson™, a division of Thomas Nelson. Used by permission.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

3 Three days to walk thru the city, this would make it very large. Jonah finally did what he should have from the start, sometimes God bring us back to where we need to be so like Jonah we can make the right decision, it is His mercy on us.

4 Jonah’s message, it was simple and he was just called to shout it from the streets, this is what he didn’t want to do, he wanted them to be destroyed but God warns people before they are judged so they can change and become right with Him, being right with Him leads to grace and not judgment.

I like the story of Jonah I think it is very revealing.
I don't believe Jonah's behavior threw an eternal God for a loop. Jonah did exactly what God had planned for him.
The footsteps of the righteous are ordered so my shortfalls work together for my good. All I need is my heart in the right place and I will be awed by His greatness on that day.
I'd like to talk with Jonah and hear all about it.

Back